Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#879660 13/08/23 02:27 AM
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Please Larian make BG4 too or Divinity Original Sin 3. I love love love your guys work and gamestyle. its the bestttttt

old hand
old hand
BG4 release date has been announced for tomorrow, being made by Blizzard though.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
With playable Goblins and Kobolds too please.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
CUT CONTENT
EXPANSION
DEFINITIVE EDITION
ADDITIONAL CONTENT FOR BG3

Then BG4 please.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
they said they were going to take a well deserved break after BG3 and probably get back to DOS settings.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I would love a BG4, but please an expansion or two for BG3 first, there is so much potential for this game.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Also- I support the important thread in the suggestions: Let everyone in the Party Speak
V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
Dissapointed they seem to refuse going to level 20. I would love to see what Wish would look like in a 2023ish game. Plus, there are some classic Bg spells they could add that didnt seem to make it to 5e.

O
apprentice
apprentice
O
Originally Posted by Volourn
Dissapointed they seem to refuse going to level 20. I would love to see what Wish would look like in a 2023ish game. Plus, there are some classic Bg spells they could add that didnt seem to make it to 5e.
I'm more disappointed that act 2 and 3 is shorter than act1

veteran
veteran
The story of Baldur's Gate that started with BG1 ends in BG3, so there will likely not ever be a BG4. If they make another Baldur's Gate game it will be something else entirely...a whole new story. I suspect that Larian will make more D&D games but I don't think their next D&D game will be a Baldur's Gate game.

DOS3 may happen next as well, Larian have said they aren't done with the Divinity games, but they do have a team of 400 developers now so they can probably split that team to work on two games at once...put something like 100 on the next Divinity game and 300 on the next D&D game...that might work.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 13/08/23 05:23 AM.
W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
The story of Baldur's Gate that started with BG1 ends in BG3, so there will likely not ever be a BG4. If they make another Baldur's Gate game it will be something else entirely...a whole new story. I suspect that Larian will make more D&D games but I don't think their next D&D game will be a Baldur's Gate game.

DOS3 may happen next as well, Larian have said they aren't done with the Divinity games, but they do have a team of 400 developers now so they can probably split that team to work on two games at once...put something like 100 on the next Divinity game and 300 on the next D&D game...that might work.

There absolutely will be another Baldur’s Gate game at some point. Even if the story is completely disconnected, the name is now a more potent brand than ever. The Baldur’s Gate 3: The Black Hound that BioWare was making was a completely new story. Still kept the name. Baldur’s Gate 2 doesn’t even take place in the eponymous city. Brand name recognition is important.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
For Bg3 you can do a new story or a spin off divided in two episode (two dlcs 80/100 hours each of them) so you can reach level 16 level in the first part and then 20 in the second.

Then BG4 and BG MMORPG.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf
BG4 release date has been announced for tomorrow, being made by Blizzard though.
Someone should slap you just for bringing that idea to our heads

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Warlocke
There absolutely will be another Baldur’s Gate game at some point. Even if the story is completely disconnected, the name is now a more potent brand than ever. The Baldur’s Gate 3: The Black Hound that BioWare was making was a completely new story. Still kept the name. Baldur’s Gate 2 doesn’t even take place in the eponymous city. Brand name recognition is important.
I disagree...Baldur's Gate 2 released a VERY long time ago, and the sales numbers it did back then aren't even a tiny fraction of what BG3 sold...brand name recognition didn't play any part of BG3's success...most people who bought and played BG3 have no idea about and never played BG1 or BG2. Dungeons & Dragons likely played a far bigger role than anyone recognizing or caring about the Baldur's Gate franchise specifically. But even then...trying to milk a franchise dry because it's hot is a bad idea...that's how imagination dies and ideas grow stale.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
All the points had a role:

1) BG franchise for the older players.
2) D&D franchise for tabletop players.
3) DOS2 success and turn based combat system for younger players or new players for the franchise.
4) Larian attention for quality without compromise.
5) The availability of the game on cloud gaming platform like GFN, to play at maximum quality without a costly PC.

Last edited by Palatinus; 13/08/23 09:59 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
Originally Posted by Warlocke
I disagree...Baldur's Gate 2 released a VERY long time ago, and the sales numbers it did back then aren't even a tiny fraction of what BG3 sold...brand name recognition didn't play any part of BG3's success...most people who bought and played BG3 have no idea about and never played BG1 or BG2. Dungeons & Dragons likely played a far bigger role than anyone recognizing or caring about the Baldur's Gate franchise specifically. But even then...trying to milk a franchise dry because it's hot is a bad idea...that's how imagination dies and ideas grow stale.

BG2 used to be the biggest thing in D&D, but since Critical Role and etc have come along, it is nothing, D&D is bigger now than it was in the BG2 days

BG4 doesn't need a connection to BG12 beyond, being set on the swords coast, that's it. All the franchise needs.

Also, isn't it clear there is going to be a BG4? BG3 ends with an MCU style post-credits sequel tease with Jergal going all you dead three just wait and see what I'm going to do to you for this

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Also- I support the important thread in the suggestions: Let everyone in the Party Speak
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Palatinus
All the points had a role:

1) BG franchise for the older players.
2) D&D franchise for tabletop players.
3) DOS2 success and turn based combat system for younger players or new players for the franchise.
4) Larian attention for quality without compromise.
5) The availability of the game on cloud gaming platform like GFN, to play at maximum quality without a costly PC.
Honestly I'm not sure DOS2 players cared that much...I have seen very very few of the DOS2 backers active on here around the release of BG3. And BG1 and BG2 players may have been fewer still given the time it's been and their relative insignificance. CRPGs as a genre has been a fairly niche genre until now...BG3 is truly the first CRPG to really have a major break into gaming market...in the top ten most concurrent players is no small feat...this is uncharted territory for CRPGs. Even Diablo has always been far more streamlined to be accessible to casuals and shied from too much complexity and never dabbled into giving players story altering decisions. D&D was probably the biggest factor, Larian's general reputation for always delivering 90+ rated games was also a likely contributing factor, but beyond that I don't think there's much meaningful influence to speak of.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Starshine
Also, isn't it clear there is going to be a BG4? BG3 ends with an MCU style post-credits sequel tease with Jergal going all you dead three just wait and see what I'm going to do to you for this
Not really...the post credit scene really doesn't tease anything more or any follow up...it's more of a speech pretty much saying the dead three are done and finished with...it is the period at the end of the story of the dead three. It is mainly a declaration that this particular trilogy is over. If there are to be more Baldur's Gate games they will be entirely unrelated to the plot and story of the first three games.

This isn't an MCU style post credits scene at all...it is the total opposite. MCU post credits scenes always tease more, leave some loose ends or cliffhangers to keep people hanging on for more...that's not what BG3 does...BG3 says, no, this is it, this is the end of this plot.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
I would prefer a fresh start moving away from the Baldur’s Gate name and the sword coast for somewhere less explored in the videogames.

I also hope if Larian make another D&D game it’s designed from the ground up for a proper fly spell and a day/night cycle.

enthusiast
enthusiast
That can be your intrepretation, but they're gods. Their plan was foiled and now the old boy is back to keep an eye on them, they aren't dead. You didn't kill the gods, just foiled one plan. To me it was setting up a future conflict between Jergal and the Three

Originally Posted by Muz333
I would prefer a fresh start moving away from the Baldur’s Gate name and the sword coast for somewhere less explored in the videogames.

I also hope if Larian make another D&D game it’s designed from the ground up for a proper fly spell and a day/night cycle.

Solasta has a great system for flying/depth, sadly its' story/world are so boring and generic it hurts.

There's still plenty on the swords coast video games have never touched, and like the reason BG12/NVW etc were set there is because the moonsea/sea of fallen stars was over used in the 90s and it was the new blank area, but it's been over 20 years maybe it's time to return there? Really I'd love to see Greyhawke or other settings get some love, maybe a great Spelljammer game? (remember the awful spelljammer game? imagine that but great, BG3 has nautiloids so hey half way there?) But on the swords coast, there's Warlocks Crypt, Iriaebor, Elturel, etc all within campaign distance of Baldur's Gate so you could have games there still tied into the franchise?
Arguable Faerun is only the main setting of modern D&D because of the BG games, maybe Larian could do the same trick to another setting? But really that familiarity and brand of faerun do alot of work for them and they might as well use, especially while it's as popular as it currently is?

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Oh yeah, Solasta got a lot right from the flying, spider climbing, UI and the entire party being involved in dialogue. I’ll be excited to see what Tactical Adventures next game brings, hopefully with improved writing and graphics to boot.

There’s still plenty to see in the sword coast and I wouldn’t be upset if Larian makes another game based there. In fact I’m almost definitely going to love whatever Larian produces next. I just think it would be interesting to explore a more exotic continent or maybe something like planescape would better fit Larian.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard