Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
This is an annoying bug. I saw it in early-access and it's still with us after launch.

It's becoming a regular chore now, to manually reorder the party back into the default order, if i go to camp or fast travel.

My default party order is to have my custom character as F1, my fighter as F2, rogue as F3 and caster as F4.

The BUG is that when I go to camp, or open the map and use an Ancient Sigil Circle to fast travel, then F3 and F2 will swap always places. Sometimes other characters swap places, but I have not had that happen enough to document how or when this happens.

For example. I'm in the wilderness, not under attack, party is grouped up in my default order above. I decide to go to camp, or fast travel, and when I arrive at the destination party members in slots F2 & F3 will swap position in the group.

Every time i fast travel using the map, characters swap places. If I go to camp, they swap places, but if I reoder them to default in camp, they will not swap places when I leave camp.

So to recap, fast traveling using the sigils always swaps F2 & F3. Only going to camp swaps them, leaving camp the order does not change; providing I swapped them back to default order while in camp.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Is anyone else seeing this bug?

It is a weird bug. It seems to depend on which characters are in the party. When I have Lae'zel in F2, and Astarian at F3, they swap positions once I enter camp.

If I have Lae'zel at F2 and Karlach at F3, tand Wyll at F4, then Karlach moves to F1, I move to F2 and Lae'zel moves to F3, and Wtll is F4.

So if Astraian and Lae'ze are in the party, they swap positions. If Wyll and Karlach are in the party, they swap positions

Last edited by Grimalken; 09/08/23 06:30 PM.
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I tried this using Lae'zel, Wyll and Gale, and Gale always swaps to F4, Wyll to F3

If I have Lae'zel, Gale and Shadwheart in the party, then Gale and Shadoheart always swap positions with Shadowheart going into F4 and Gale going into F3.

It does not matter which order I place everyone in the party, because once I fast travel they move to these weird randomized positions.

Last edited by Grimalken; 09/08/23 06:19 PM.
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Good god, no one else is seeing this bug????

enthusiast
enthusiast
I can confirm I am getting this as well, I just haven't minded it. Likely others as seeing it as well just not coming to the forum about it.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Also- I support the important thread in the suggestions: Let everyone in the Party Speak
veteran
veteran
Yes this was an issue in Early Access, however now it sorts party members in the order of recruitment, not the order the player manually sorts them. Which is why they reset after fast-travel or leaving the camp.

So dismiss them and then invite them back in the order you want to have them sorted and they'll always remain that way. I've done so myself for my own character > Shadowheart > Lae'zel > Karlach.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I'll do that, but I still hope they fix this. What I don't get is why sometimes Karlach moves to F1 and I move to F2 wyllhappy

Well, I guess it could be worse. I could be falling thru the world, or having weird graphics card issues.

Last edited by Grimalken; 10/08/23 10:59 AM.
stranger
stranger
Just confirming I've had the same problem observed here, and also that it was resetting to the order I originally recruited my companions in (Gale, SH, Laezel instead of my preferred order of Laezel, SH, Gale).

Also confirming the fix is to remove everyone from the party then add them in the order desired.

Link Copied to Clipboard