Originally Posted by G4RIIK
Originally Posted by seikojin
I have ran into some inconsistencies as I got closer to the end, which just showed me that some things were more priority for launch than others. Considering all the history around what makes it into their games, it looks like I shouldn't look forward to patches to fix these issues.

Chances are, given the magnitude of any kind of major change, it's possibility only comes with a future Definitive Edition. Larian has a good history of listening to feedback and players, we're just here to keep things on the table, loud and respectful voices.

Leeeet's hope we don't have to wait for a Definitive Edition for changes like these in one of the most popular PC game launches ever. In practice it should be no different than Elden Ring patching in the missing content for NPC quests that didn't exist in the game files beforehand (though I realize with dialogue and choice-based games like this it's a rather more complicated effort). It'd be nice not to have to wait a year for it (generously, BG3 is quite a bit bigger than DOS2 was so it could well take longer if they go the Definitive Edition route again), since as pointed out the plot beats for better solutions in her quests already exist in the game. But, and I know I'm not the first person to say it but damn is it ever true, at least Karlach's content is all properly hooked in and flagged to activate correctly. The comparison to Minthara's content disaster isn't entirely fair but... could'a been worse.

If we're being REALLY optimistic, maybe the PS5 launch will come with a simultaneous PC patch for these problems. How lucky would the people waiting for the PS5 version be, to never have to know the problem existed.

Last edited by Auric; 14/08/23 10:20 AM.