Originally Posted by fylimar
Originally Posted by kanisatha
Originally Posted by fylimar
As I and others pointed out, you have a lot of interactions based on your race and class. I'm not keen on playing evil characters, but I don't think, I miss out by playing Tav instead of Durge or an origin. Durge just has different interactions and - since I was spoilered there - a connection to something specific in the old games, which I think, might even be presented better here, since I never felt like I
was a child of a murder god, who has to fight against their nature
in the old games. So in fact the Durge does do that better imo
Fair enough. I was commenting on the notion that Durge was effectively Tav+. But it is certainly possible that this is not true, and that playing Tav and playing Durge are of roughly equally good game-playing experiences. I'm not convinced of this yet, but I certainly concede that it is possible.
Believe me, the Durge is a totally different character from Tav. And Tav gets a lot if tags. I don't feel, like my halfling bardlock is an afterthought, she is the hero of her own story with some colorful companions.
Well, it also matters what those "tage" are. Tags that are based on the demographics of the custom Tav (race, class, and so on) are to me rather superficial. I'm not at all saying they shouldn't be present; of course they should. But playing Tav should be special in ways that have nothing to do with basic demographics such as race or class. It should be special based on Tav's centrality and relevance to the main story.