Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
gmork Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Hey,

is it possible to deaktivate the Split-Screen while playing couch-coop?

Like in Divinity 1 & 2: Shared screen while the party was together, but it was possible to split off at any time.

I bought the game cause of couch coop and the nonstop-splitscreen kind of kills it for me.

Are this planned to be fixed or are there user-mods to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

D
stranger
stranger
D
It is indeed game breaking for me, how it is implemented right now.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Divinity did the split screen stuff so well. I'm not sure why they removed those features from BG3. Have they given any reasons? Maybe it's just an oversight?

M
stranger
stranger
M
Playing on ps5. Haven’t found a way to merge screens except in cut scenes by hitting listen. Game is almost unplayable with local co-op. What a loss. You can choose to highlight characters in options with both circle and highlighting and increase font size of subtitles to help. Unfortunately even on a 52 two inch screen we can’t read the small text hardly at all, and most of the game is tiny text. Combine that with the split screen camera view and it’s really hard to tell what’s going on. Our first three hours were spent largely in confusion. Sometimes if I rotate both cameras on each screen just right I can do things like pick up a backpack or free a prisoner, of course that’s after picking up every other of the twenty items on the table.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Yeah our experience is the same. The game in its current state is very disorienting and it is difficult to see what's going on. It's massive bummer because Larian already solved this in previous games.

The current state of BG3's split screen is a massive downgrade and my girlfriend pretty much lost her drive for the game (even though she wouldn't shut up about it for the past couple months). Please fix this.

I
apprentice
apprentice
I
Please fix this please please please please. Please implement screen merge in proximity and in combat.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Yes, the splitscreen in DOS 1/2 was so awesome. One of my favorite features in those games. I love Baldurs Gate 3, but the decision to make splitscreen forced all the time is weird. Especially in combat it's not helpful and just confusing.
I hope this thread gets big.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Same here, we bought BGIII on PS5 but after 10 minutes we just stopped playing because of the forced split-screen. Playing like this it's just impossible, dynamic split-screen like in DOSII was just perfect, we really need that to play co-op. Does anyone know if Larian will include the fix in the next Hotfix or patch? Thanks

E
stranger
stranger
E
We played for a couple of hours and it's actually ridiculous how little of the surroundings I can remember from the play session. I barely know where we went, fights were very chaotic... all because of the split screen. It's just very disorienting and overall a poor experience. The game is coming out today on PS5 so expect many, many more people pointing this out. Baldur's Gate 3 has been heavily hyped in the community as a coop game but this is not nearly good enough.

M
stranger
stranger
M
The Forced Split Screen is SADNESS and Janky. When you are playing on the same screen and all the cut scenes are ONE Image it makes VERY little sense to be separated. Since we are playing the game together and are not there for the "Single Player" experience.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Hello everyone,

my wife and I were really looking forward to BG3, since we had already played through DOS 1 + 2 with great enthusiasm in couch coop.

BG3 itself is fantastic, but the forced split screen mode for the couch co-op really isn't an improvement over the other two games. I can only agree with everyone here: it's just too confusing and spoils the otherwise great fun.

So Larian: if you would still add this feature, you would surely make a lot of people happy and give us many, many hours to enjoy this side by side with our friends together!

Mongrel

L
stranger
stranger
L
Agree with every post on here. I wanted to add a further wrinkle: the UI in your character inventory is extremely small and basically unreadable. Another fix from DOS2 was that you didn't see your parties inventory, you would have to go to that character to view it. I know in single player on DOS2, specifically PC, you did see all inventories. That's great, but needs to be removed from BG3 split screen like it was in DOS2. It creates an extremely clunky and difficult UI to read. I'm on a paladin, I opened my tenant book, and was blown away by how small the book text was. There was no option to make it larger, or to overlay it, so I had to go sit up as close as I could to read the book, and it is like this with almost all reading options.

Maybe this isn't for this thread, but the fire is basically non existent as well. Very few flames actually appear, we stepped into what I guess was supposed to be fire 5-7 times and lost 50% of our HP. Some visual improvements, UI Changes, and dynamic split screen would be extremely great because right now couch co-op is a very difficult experience and is really pulling away from the immersion in a dramatic way.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Yeah, the text readability of books etc. makes me question whether Larian actually tested local coop on a standard-sized TV. It's one of the if not the smallest font I've ever seen on PlayStation.

We have stopped playing split screen with my girlfriend. We now pass the controller during combat and I do most of the exploration etc. alone, which is just sad. Funny thing is - it is still somehow a better coop experience, as being able to see what's actually happening trumps everything else.

Still waiting for Larian to tell us what happened here... I don't recall ever having such conflicting feelings about a videogame. It's such a masterpiece yet I can't enjoy it the way I was promised.

G
stranger
stranger
G
I wrote days ago about this to the support team but no one replied. A definitive answer from Larian on dynamic split-screen implementation would be appreciated. At least if the answer is no, we can put our minds at ease and move on to other games.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Waited 3 years for this game solely for the couch co-op feature. Needless to say, my wife and I stopped playing after 2 days because of how annoying this is to try and navigate.

I'm hoping this was just an oversight (although I don't know how) and that they remember Divinity and how it worked perfectly.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Same here. I bought it to have fun with my husband. We loved Divinity 1 and 2.
We both hate the forced split-screen. It makes things so confusing.
We stopped after the goblin fight. It was so messy. Why having a split screen on enemy turns?? Why player 2 can play an ally when player 1's turn is up? 'Why does the enemy die when I was choosing a spell? What? You killed the one I wanted to target on my turn?'
We loved how local coop was in divinity. What happened here?
And I bought it on PS5 so I can't get a refund.

L
stranger
stranger
L
throwing my hat in as well.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I would like a refund. We have tried to play this game with co-op and it is horrible. I have played Divinity and it was much better than BH3.

I
apprentice
apprentice
I
Everyone who are in support for the dynamic split screen/camera merge let's submit our feedback directly here: https://larian.com/support/baldur-s-gate-3#modal

E
stranger
stranger
E
Good idea, filled in a suggestion support ticket. We deserve to at least know.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard