Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
I’d like Larian to stick with DND, but not necessarily Baldur’s Gate. However, it would be nice if there was some common thread, lore, or characters binding Larian’s DND games together. Maybe Mind Flayers? The Dead Three? Just Faerun? Our Companions? Withers? Providing sequels to other timeless classics like Neverwinter, Planescape, and Icewind?

And no, Larian homebrew doesn’t count as a common thread.

Would still like a direct continuation of BG3 though. And I’m not even done with the game!

Withers would be an interesting play, the dead god arranging heroes to thrawt other gods all culminating in his returning to power and taking down not just the dead three but all rivals in the process?
But, BG would be a good link, it's a spelljammer port city so adventures in the stars could link there, swords coast has a diversity of places to explore with BG city as the base to operate out of? BG has colonies in Chult so a game there, technically links?
I feel this game has done Mind Flayers as a focus enough? Dead Three, always work they're always up to stuff. Maybe not even the dead three just, Gods intervening in Faerun as a theme works and connects to the big plot points of Faerun?

Spelljammer would be brilliant, BG3 starts on a spelljammer ship after all, imagine a game where you go to the golden age of sail pirate asteroid city, then crash in the middle of the war between anarchocapitalist birds and communist lizards? Volo could randomly be there for some reason. Maybe some BG2 character is the captain you steal the ship from?

Last edited by Starshine; 15/08/23 01:28 AM.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Also- I support the important thread in the suggestions: Let everyone in the Party Speak