Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15
apprentice
apprentice
Ya, modding doesn't make a lot of fun right now... Seems like you need this mystic "Full Release Mod Fixer" mod to even install mods, and then there are still flaws every here and there. frown

B
old hand
old hand
B
I'm currently using 10-12 mods and have been since EA. They all work just fine and have all been updated since the game released.

Adding mods to BG3 with BG3 Mod Manager is about as simple as I've seen in any game. With 98% of the mods you just drag a .pak file into your mods folder. Fire up the mod manager, drag the mod from the right to the left panel, move it up or down in the load order if needs be, once your are happy click the 'save load order' icon and get the green message at the bottom left of the mod manager and you are good to go. At that point you can either start the game from the mod manager or close the manger and run the game from a desktop shortcut as I do. If I recall correctly, running the game from the launcher involves a further step.

Full Release Mod Fixer (FRMF) works as intended. It is one of the 2% of mods which do not install as outlined above. Once you have dragged the .pak file into BG3 Mod Manager and fired up the MM FRMF will be at the bottom left in the override section. You just ignore it, save load order again and either exit the MM or start the game.

Modding any game requires a fair bit of reading and thinking.

Last edited by Beechams; 15/08/23 09:23 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by kicker04
Ya, modding doesn't make a lot of fun right now... Seems like you need this mystic "Full Release Mod Fixer" mod to even install mods, and then there are still flaws every here and there. frown

It definitely works. I'm currently using Customizer's Compendium and a mod to restore the racial ASI to 5E PHB rules.

H
stranger
stranger
H
currently the Mod fixer and all related mods dont work ... Ive tried to start 3 new games with no luck.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Hubris
currently the Mod fixer and all related mods dont work ... Ive tried to start 3 new games with no luck.

Just updated my game, fired it up and the save loaded. I then updated my mods where available and again the save fired up. 25 or so mods installed.

Mod fixer is only needed if none of your mods does a forced recompile. I haven't needed MF since around Patch 2. If you do require MF then any version will do as the original code hasn't been updated or even changed since the original author moved on.

Have you checked on Nexus to see if any of the mods have been updated for Patch 3? Five of the mods I use were updated before Friday midnight.

Rule 1 of troubleshooting with mods:
Start a new game without mods.
If the problem persists then it is not the mods.
If the problem goes away then add mods one at a time and test.
Repeat until the problem mod or mods are identified.

Last edited by Beechams; 23/09/23 02:24 PM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
Would there need to be an update to the mod fixer?

In my instance, I had one mod installed, without the fixer. The mod used the script extender to query if there any camp events. Prior to the patch 3 update, it was working as intended. However, after the patch, it became glitchy (NPCs/items non-responsive). It seemed like from the behavior the solution was to install the fixer. After I installed it, couldn't load a save and gave an error code 117.

B
old hand
old hand
B
There has never been an update for the Mod Fixer as it doesn't require one. The thing to look at is the description page for whatever the problem mod is. Or in this case, the posts.

Camp Event Notifications
https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/1879?tab=posts

22 September 2023, 5:12PM
Patch 3 Updates
The current version of the mod (v0.4.5) should work the same as before with Patch 3 of BG3 as long as your Script Extender is up to date.

Norbyte, the developer behind Script Extender has already pushed a fix for Patch 3 that should resolve crashes that were happening initially.
Script Extender updates itself automatically for most users.

If you use BG Mod Manager you can update Script Extender directly from the Tools menu.

Last edited by Beechams; 26/09/23 11:19 PM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
From looking at the debug console, the script extender says v5. That looks like the latest version.

Edit: I was able to get it working. What I had to do is disable "Enable Direct X 11 Mode". So it might be the mod then. I see a character repeating their line while not moving their mouth, but thats not the mod, I don't think.

Last edited by kosmos88; 27/09/23 02:11 AM. Reason: Able to get it working.
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard