Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
+1, IIRC this was a thing in DA:O and it was very much appreciated. Even in D&D, people pitch in with their ideas and opinions and conversations. I don't know how hard it would be implement, but I'd sure be happy if it were! smile

M
stranger
stranger
M
Yes, this. +1

apprentice
apprentice
Larian could even add a dialogue toggle in the Options Menu to allow the player to decide the extent of the discussion, such as:

Companion Dialogue Toggle
* Standard: Random companion comments during discussion
* Extended: All companions comment during discussion

For people that want to minimize dialogue, they could choose "Standard" which would be the default setting as-is condition whereas players that want to experience the full extent of dialogue, they can choose "Extended."

Last edited by CharlesJT; 04/03/24 06:32 PM.
OP Offline
I forgot I even made that thread. Guess I accepted the fact that nothing will change in that regard... eh.

Well, once again I am asking Larian to let us hear all of our companions' comments during the conversation.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I'm ALL for it, honestly. I really want to see everyone's opinion and the reloading only to get same companion triggered again gets tiring fast.

I'd also like to add, I miss it when companions used to chime in and add their own two cents to other companions in EA, not just to Tav - felt more engaging. It does happen at times but it's very rare and only with certain companions.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by WildOrchid
I'm ALL for it, honestly. I really want to see everyone's opinion and the reloading only to get same companion triggered again gets tiring fast.

I'd also like to add, I miss it when companions used to chime in and add their own two cents to other companions in EA, not just to Tav - felt more engaging. It does happen at times but it's very rare and only with certain companions.

I've never played in EA, but companions talking to each other sounds amazing. That's some massive DOWNGRADE since it's not a thing anymore in a game except in one or two scripted scenes. And not just that, companions don't even interact with each other in the camp either. There's just this one scene with Shadowheart and Laz.

Larian still has a lot to learn when it comes to companions and interactions. Old BioWare was still miles ahead of current Larian when it comes to that stuff.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
stranger
stranger
+1, honestly each time someone says something I expect everyone else in the party to say their own comment but they NEVER do. And it's always the companions I least want to hear from in certain conversations.

Well, that's just disgusting.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard