Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
TOP 10 MULTI-PLAYER SUGGESTIONS

SUGGESTION 1: A PARTY VOTE SYSTEM.

SUGGESTION 2: MAKE SPLIT SCREEN A TOGGLE PLAYER CHOICE.

SUGGESTION 3: ADD THE OPTION TO AUTOMATICALLY JOIN OTHER PLAYERS' CONVERSATIONS SO YOU DON'T MISS THE START OF THE CONVERSATION.

SUGGESTION 4: PARTY LEADER NEEDS COMPLETE CONTROL OVER PARTY CONFIGURATION AT ALL TIMES. IN PARTICULAR, WHEN SOMEONE JOINS A FULL PARTY, THE PARTY LEADER SHOULD HAVE CONTROL OVER WHICH NPC TO REPLACE OR TO DISMISS OR PARK A CHARACTER THAT NO LONGER PLAYS.

SUGGESTION 5: DM Mode. DOS2 quality GM mode that lets you take control of any NPC and play as them, so in a fight, you would control all the bad guys. You can spawn in enemies, create scenarios, items etc...

SUGGESTION 6: Shared dialogue as long as the party is grouped up. It's immersion-breaking that you can't have your most charismatic person speak for the party regardless of who gets "tagged" in the conversations.

SUGGESTION 7: The player who is leading the conversation should be able to "request" bonuses/party buffs to be added from the other players (i.e. guidance). The other player would just get a popup asking them to confirm if they want to cast it. That way you don't have to leave the conversation to cast it.

SUGGESTION 8: Dismiss multiplayer characters that no longer play. Need this option implemented. I have now a useless game save where 2 players no longer play so we want to remove them but if they do rejoin we should be able to recover them like any other character.

SUGGESTION 9: Multiplayer CHAT WINDOW for in-game written communication and Role Playing purposes.

SUGGESTION 10: We need a way to see who is observing our dialogues or scenes. When I'm playing with other people, we constantly need to check if everybody is following the dialogue. Maybe a small icon on the bottom left with the player's name.

Last edited by Commodore_Tyrs; 03/09/23 11:33 AM.
OP Offline
Feel free to add more multi-player necessities folks, amazing job thus far!

T
stranger
stranger
T
SUGGESTION: MAKE SPLIT SCREEN A TOGGLE PLAYER CHOICE.

This so much! A game like this needs it, otherwise it's just confusing and it kills the immersion. DOS 1/2 did it perfectly.

Last edited by Timonius; 06/09/23 10:01 AM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Commodore_Tyrs

Yes, THIS! It's unplayable without the dynamic split-screen.

I
apprentice
apprentice
I

This. Needs to be dynamic split screen with screen merge in combat and when characters are close together

E
stranger
stranger
E

This is the big one. This absolutely needs to be implemented. As is, local coop is not a very enjoyable experience. And it breaks my heart to say that because I've been nothing but a total fanboy for anything Larian created.

OP Offline
I absolutely LOVE this feedback. My guild Tyrs Paladium has helped game developers over the years make quality-of-life changes that improve game enjoyment and replayability (DDO, Neverwinter and several other official D&D titles). We came to the forums here because we believe in a useful forum and we want to hear from EVERYONE. I find the BG3 community to be excellent all around. So please continue to add feedback like the last three posters have and the ones before them.

Keep 'em comin'!!

[Linked Image from i0.wp.com]

Last edited by Commodore_Tyrs; 06/09/23 10:12 PM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
SUGGESTION: The ability to add/remove custom characters at will. We have a group of 8 or so who like to play but cannot always be on all nights, it would be great if custom characters could be cycled in and out like the normal NPCs do.

S
S
Would be great if multiple players could trade with a vendor at the same time. It’s a bit annoying waiting for the other person to be done before you can sell your stuff.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by CyriouslyDylan
SUGGESTION: The ability to add/remove custom characters at will. We have a group of 8 or so who like to play but cannot always be on all nights, it would be great if custom characters could be cycled in and out like the normal NPCs do.

Absolutely. This is game-breaking for many. This fits within SUGGESTION 4: PARTY LEADER NEEDS COMPLETE CONTROL OVER PARTY CONFIGURATION AT ALL TIMES. IN PARTICULAR, WHEN SOMEONE JOINS A FULL PARTY, THE PARTY LEADER SHOULD HAVE CONTROL OVER WHICH NPC TO REPLACE OR TO DISMISS OR PARK A CHARACTER THAT NO LONGER PLAYS.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by sublimeclown
Would be great if multiple players could trade with a vendor at the same time. It’s a bit annoying waiting for the other person to be done before you can sell your stuff.

Brilliant. Great quality of life suggestion that would assist many.

OP Offline

L
stranger
stranger
L
The overwhelming amount of people talking about the split screen co-op is proof enough it's an issue, but I'm quintupling down on it: dynamic split screen on couch co-op is desperately needed, and the game must needs a combined screen for combat.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Legislator
The overwhelming amount of people talking about the split screen co-op is proof enough it's an issue, but I'm quintupling down on it: dynamic split screen on couch co-op is desperately needed, and the game must needs a combined screen for combat.

Thank you Legislator! Indeed, "quintupling" is allowed in the bylaws (my Realtor mindset is now activated!) smile

Anyhow, the devs ARE READING and executing! Keep those ideas and opinions flowing PLEASE!

OP Offline
NICE JOB DEVS! Newest update -- The party leader will now have the ability to remove custom characters!

Last edited by Commodore_Tyrs; 14/09/23 02:44 PM.
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
SUGGESTION: MAKE SPLIT SCREEN A TOGGLE PLAYER CHOICE.

All multiplayer modes would benefit, but Couch coop play especially would benefit. The forced always-ON split-screen does not add to group play for all. In fact its a huge annoyance to some.

Originally Posted by Legislator

THIS, 100%.

The fact that there are 4-6 threads specifically about this shows how many people are upset by Larian's decision to completely change how it worked PERFECTLY in their Divinity games.

Last edited by Tom Imp; 14/09/23 06:47 PM.
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Please include vastly improving the ps5 local multiplayer performance. It's basically unplayable ATM (lots of people in on these forums have said they had to stop or are asking for refunds). The 10-40s freeze lag whenever you switch characters, change turns in battle is unbearable. It makes you take minutes just to get set up. Summoning and transforming takes almost a minute of freeze per spell far into act 1 because of the issue...it's the number 1 priority for ps5 multiplayer for sure.

veteran
veteran
I really just want them to fix the exploits to start, especially in the multiclass system. Outside of that I love this list, but I have resigned myself to us probably not seeing DM mode.

I also understand that the Wardrobe doesn't work quite as I would have liked. You can't store multiple player-made characters - or at least not more than the 3 people can make - I need to test it more. Ideally it would act as a system that allowed you to sub people in with their own characters, but you should be able to access them and pull items off them. It would be fun to play a game multiplayer on the Larian discord where you just tell people where you are, they make a toon and jump in and then they can outfit themselves from what's in the group chest and join you.

Blackheifer
S
S
Originally Posted by Didsy
Please include vastly improving the ps5 local multiplayer performance. It's basically unplayable ATM (lots of people in on these forums have said they had to stop or are asking for refunds). The 10-40s freeze lag whenever you switch characters, change turns in battle is unbearable. It makes you take minutes just to get set up. Summoning and transforming takes almost a minute of freeze per spell far into act 1 because of the issue...it's the number 1 priority for ps5 multiplayer for sure.

I posted this in the other thread but putting it here too in case it helps. Something that has seemed to work for me - I disabled the tutorial tooltips from the options menu and now I’m noticing very minimal lag when switching characters. Still lags when performing summons but it’s MUCH better. Worth trying for anyone experiencing performance issues.

apprentice
apprentice
My group shares the same issues with multiplayer and dialogue #3, #6, & #10. A lot of the time, friends just do not realize there's chatting going on; the ear icon is so tiny and on the edge of the window that it's easy to miss when attention is focused at the center of the screen. We are constantly streaming in Discord to ensure each other is following along, but some of the story is still missed.

Just last night, one member of our group missed the Bugbear and Ogre barn scene, which sucks. The character was in proximity but from their perspective, the rest of the group we just idling outside the door.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard