Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Let's put together a list of the TOP 10 most important changes/additions to MULTI - PLAYER / PARTY CREATION / GROUP PLAY MODE that developers can focus on in future updates.

Let's build a BETTER BG3 GROUP PLAYER EXPERIENCE FOLKS!!

Commodore
Co-Founder of the Tyrs Paladium Guild

Research us here | Join us here!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i0.wp.com]

Last edited by Commodore_Tyrs; 16/08/23 09:38 AM.
OP Offline
SUGGESTION: A PARTY VOTE SYSTEM.

Star Wars the Old Republic included a vote system on important decisions that worked very well.

Use a choice highlight system. Let's say a Paladin option shows up, and wants to make a decision. He can make it himself OR call for a vote. The option that has the most votes will be the selected one and one of the players that selected it will be chosen as the one on screen.

THIS is the best way I can think of to get genuine party cohesion and a feeling of working together with others to achieve this game's goals. Sure Discord exists, which we use in OUR GUILD (The Tyrs Paladium Guild)

Last edited by Commodore_Tyrs; 16/08/23 09:02 AM.
OP Offline
SUGGESTION: MAKE SPLIT SCREEN A TOGGLE PLAYER CHOICE.

All multiplayer modes would benefit, but Couch coop play especially would benefit. The forced always-ON split-screen does not add to group play for all. In fact its a huge annoyance to some.

Last edited by Commodore_Tyrs; 16/08/23 09:52 AM.
OP Offline
Batter Up! Come on help us out folks...

I'm interested in hearing everyone's input.

Last edited by Commodore_Tyrs; 16/08/23 10:01 AM.
veteran
veteran
My top multiplayer suggestion is to add the option to automatically join other players’ conversations so that you don’t miss the start of the conversation.

S
S
Originally Posted by Icelyn
My top multiplayer suggestion is to add the option to automatically join other players’ conversations so that you don’t miss the start of the conversation.

Seconded!

S
S
Also it would be nice if the player who is leading the conversation could "request" bonuses be added from the other players (i.e. guidance). The other player would just get a popup asking them to confirm if they want to cast it. That way you don't have to leave the conversation to cast it.

OP Offline
Our guild leader and officer teamed up the other day.

Kellly/Sonja/Morganna — 08/16/2023 8:15 AM:

"It's weird....if you have all your NPC's with you and someone joins your game, one of your NPC's disappears and the other player joins. You just have to make sure when you join cause you could join during a fight and they lose one of their npc's......and there is no choice which one disappears. You have to go back to your camp to get them back. lol"

[SOLO] Kevfire — 08/16/2023 6:19 AM

Wow, that's not clever.... Should at least have the option to choose which NPC you replace.

Kellly/Sonja/Morganna — 08/16/2023 8:15 AM
Yea I know. We found this out on accident. I had made my character and joined and all I heard from behind me is "What the hell? One of my people disappeared" I was like....um I think that was me since I joined your game.

NO GOOD!!! Party leader needs COMPLETE CONTROL over party configuration at all times.

OP Offline
SUGGESTION: ADD THE OPTION TO AUTOMATICALLY JOIN OTHER PLAYERS' CONVERSATIONS SO YOU DON'T MISS THE START OF THE CONVERSATION.

Camaraderie is key. Communication is vital. This can be done.

OP Offline
SUGGESTION: PARTY LEADER NEEDS COMPLETE CONTROL OVER PARTY CONFIGURATION AT ALL TIMES. IN PARTICULAR, WHEN SOMEONE JOINS A FULL PARTY, PARTY LEADER SHOULD HAVE CONTROL OVER WHICH NPC TO REPLACE.

OP Offline
SUGGESTIONS from @Blackheifer.

SUGGESTION: DM Mode. DOS2 quality GM mode that lets you take control of any NPC and play as them, so in a fight you would control all the bad guys. You can spawn in enemies, create scenarios, items etc...

SUGGESTION: Shared dialogue as long as the party is grouped up. It's immersion-breaking that you can't have your most charismatic person speak for the party regardless of who gets "tagged" in the conversations.

Last edited by Commodore_Tyrs; 19/08/23 03:46 PM.
OP Offline
SUGGESTION: The player who is leading the conversation should be able to "request" bonuses/party buffs to be added from the other players (i.e. guidance). The other player would just get a popup asking them to confirm if they want to cast it. That way you don't have to leave the conversation to cast it.

This is brilliant.

OP Offline
So far we have SIX excellent suggestions:

SUGGESTION: A PARTY VOTE SYSTEM.

SUGGESTION: MAKE SPLIT SCREEN A TOGGLE PLAYER CHOICE.

SUGGESTION: ADD THE OPTION TO AUTOMATICALLY JOIN OTHER PLAYERS' CONVERSATIONS SO YOU DON'T MISS THE START OF THE CONVERSATION.

SUGGESTION: PARTY LEADER NEEDS COMPLETE CONTROL OVER PARTY CONFIGURATION AT ALL TIMES. IN PARTICULAR, WHEN SOMEONE JOINS A FULL PARTY, THE PARTY LEADER SHOULD HAVE CONTROL OVER WHICH NPC TO REPLACE OR TO DISMISS OR PARK A CHARACTER THAT NO LONGER PLAYS.

SUGGESTION: DM Mode. DOS2 quality GM mode that lets you take control of any NPC and play as them, so in a fight you would control all the bad guys. You can spawn in enemies, create scenarios, items etc...

SUGGESTION: Shared dialogue as long as the party is grouped up. It's immersion-breaking that you can't have your most charismatic person speak for the party regardless of who gets "tagged" in the conversations.

SUGGESTION: The player who is leading the conversation should be able to "request" bonuses/party buffs to be added from the other players (i.e. guidance). The other player would just get a popup asking them to confirm if they want to cast it. That way you don't have to leave the conversation to cast it.

Last edited by Commodore_Tyrs; 21/08/23 12:29 AM.
stranger
stranger
OMG, how come this one's not here yet???

Multiplayer CHAT WINDOW for in-game written communication and Role Playing purposes, PLEASE!!!!

I can't stress enough how much that is needed, especially for someone who is playing late and needs to stay off voice not to wake the rest of the family up, or has mute/deaf friends who can't join in on Voice.

Last edited by Scarlet Fox; 19/08/23 10:07 PM.
J
stranger
stranger
J
Dismiss multiplayer characters that no longer play. Need this option implementing. I have now a useless game save where 2 players no longer play so we want to remove them but if they do rejoin we should be able to recover them like any other character.

OP Offline
SUGGESTION: Multiplayer CHAT WINDOW for in-game written communication and Role Playing purposes.

VERY GOOD REASONS. In the Tyrs Paladium guild, I've seen BOTH of these reasons come up surprisingly often in EACH GAME that we reside in. I have ALREADY seen the need in Baldur's Gate 3.

I'll also place here that we proudly support the Able Gamers Foundation.

I created this video 9 years ago to CHALLENGE DEVELOPERS to add features for this HUGE demographic of willing and able (with your help Devs!) gamers.

Please watch:

Last edited by Commodore_Tyrs; 21/08/23 12:26 AM.
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Jonjaydee
Dismiss multiplayer characters that no longer play. Need this option implemented. I have now a useless game save where 2 players no longer play so we want to remove them but if they do rejoin we should be able to recover them like any other character.

Absolutely. Party leaders need the ability to remove inactive players.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Hi! First, I'd like to say that this topic is amazing. Only great suggestions, and I hope Larian sees this!

I suggest that we need a way to see who is observing our dialogues or scenes.

When I'm playing with other people, we constantly need to check if everybody is following the dialogue. Maybe a small icon on the bottom left with the player's name. So, whoever is engaging in the conversation knows that everyone at the party is watching, or at least people who are interested, and can progress the dialogue instead of constantly asking, "Are you guys watching this?""I'm talking to Shadowheart, okay?"

The option to automatically join would also be a solution, but I think one thing does not exclude the other. Since you can join, exit, and rejoin.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by duxeipe
Hi! First, I'd like to say that this topic is amazing. Only great suggestions, and I hope Larian sees this!

I suggest that we need a way to see who is observing our dialogues or scenes.

When I'm playing with other people, we constantly need to check if everybody is following the dialogue. Maybe a small icon on the bottom left with the player's name. So, whoever is engaging in the conversation knows that everyone at the party is watching, or at least people who are interested, and can progress the dialogue instead of constantly asking, "Are you guys watching this?""I'm talking to Shadowheart, okay?"

The option to automatically join would also be a solution, but I think one thing does not exclude the other. Since you can join, exit, and rejoin.

Thank you Duxeipe!

"We need a way to see who is observing our dialogues or scenes." This would be a tremendous benefit for many Able Gamers, and a boost to communication to all. Where are the BG3 code monkeys on this!? smile

Last edited by Commodore_Tyrs; 03/09/23 07:05 AM.
OP Offline
SUGGESTION: We need a way to see who is observing our dialogues or scenes. When I'm playing with other people, we constantly need to check if everybody is following the dialogue. Maybe a small icon on the bottom left with the player's name.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard