Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
stranger
stranger
M
Just Adding to the list. Same issue. Fine in EA. I did do the button thing on my Logi G502 mouse mapping an arrow button. Emersion breaking especially during combat

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
The seriousness of this bug is that you have to face it even several hundred times per hour. That's why it is so annoying, and you should fix it ASAP. Every bug is bad but it is not so bad if you, for example, encounter one clothes clipping per hour than when you have to face Edge panning bug several hundreds times per hour. This bug drives me crazy. Please, fix it.

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
Originally Posted by BGforumlog
Fehler bei der endgültigen Veröffentlichung: Edge Panning stoppt immer nach jeder Schnittszene oder jedem Kampf, kann nur beim Drücken von w-a-s-d aktiviert werden Sehr ärgerlich, bitte reparieren Sie es so schnell wie möglich. Siehe auch die Ade: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1086940/discussions/0/3808408328760742985/ Ich habe das ein paar Mal gepostet, aber auch das Forum scheint fehlerhaft zu sein... Kommt schon Leute, ihr solltet es nach 3 Jahren EA besser machen.
Totale Übereinstimmung, wie können Sie so etwas in der Release-Version veröffentlichen... unmöglich. Können Sie es nicht besser machen?
the camera management is completely free, happy camera it works look at the mods, learn how to do it.

Last edited by Wolfenring; 11/08/23 04:07 AM.
P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Hm, still nothing after third hotfix. frown

stranger
stranger
Well at least they know about it and will fix it eventually..

BG3 Support <supportbg3@larian.com>
21:21 (1 uur geleden)
aan mij

Hi,

Thank you for your report, this issue is known and should be fixed in a future patch.

In the meantime, if you tap W,A,S or D and unhook the camera from a character, edge panning should work.

B
old hand
old hand
B
The edge panning thing is, so far at least, my least favourite thing and there are quite a lot of things I do not like.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Originally Posted by VerSo
Well at least they know about it and will fix it eventually..

BG3 Support <supportbg3@larian.com>
21:21 (1 uur geleden)
aan mij

Hi,

Thank you for your report, this issue is known and should be fixed in a future patch.

In the meantime, if you tap W,A,S or D and unhook the camera from a character, edge panning should work.

Good
But...it works for just 3 seconds until you switch character or talk to somoene or reload or do almost anything else

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
The strange thing is... although there is an elephant in the room, noone of the youtuber enthusiastic gameplay analysts and content creators are mentioning this. Maybe they have other versions?

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Originally Posted by Bg3 player
The strange thing is... although there is an elephant in the room, noone of the youtuber enthusiastic gameplay analysts and content creators are mentioning this. Maybe they have other versions?

I think they just use both KB+M a use WASD for panning camera. It's OK when you are near keyboard. But for me is much more comfortable to lean on backrest and play with just mouse.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
but i could use qwe asd for something else...there are so many things to bind

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by Pilda
I think they just use both KB+M a use WASD for panning camera.

Of course you CAN use it. And if there is no special fixed version circling around it seems everyone who is playing on PC has to use they keyboard every 20 seconds at least once to tap a key in order to unlock the camara again. If you dont, the view is just too limited. But do i WANT to be forced to press a key on the keyboard every 20 seconds when i could just use the mouse? This is something so big that i cant understand that it is nowhere mentioned, in no single review of this game. This is such an annoying big bug, frustrating and of course i would have returned that game on steam if i had bought it just now. The problem is, that i bought it a year ago for EA - and there it was ok. Now i can*t return it, and yes: for me, this bug is very negatively affecting my wish to play the game and i stopped playing it now in hope Larian will fix this bug with highest prio. But it seems they follow other priorities and this really sucks alot.

Last edited by Bg3 player; 13/08/23 06:01 AM.
P
journeyman
journeyman
P
I think the streamers and reviewers may not realize there is something wrong with it. They just use WASD and are not thinking about it.

I am also thinking about the devs. A week or two before release, Swen said that the build is locked and everyone is playing the game. So they also didn't notice it. It's ridiculous.

Edit: I edited the post, I didn't mean to insult anyone.

Last edited by Pilda; 13/08/23 10:12 AM.
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Funny side note: a week ago a friend of mine was playing the game for the first time (no EA user) and told me, that the fights are insanely difficult and he can't see far enough to develop a ranged approach. After some asking forth and back it came clear that he didn't knew the camera can be moved further on (either with WASD or with edge-panning - which is deactivated by default and anyways not working). So only then he found fun in playing the game.
I wonder how many people are disappointed about the game because of exactly the same reason - and maybe even return it. In pathfinder or solasta i guess the edge panning is automatically enabled.
However, this game is more about movie-scenes than anything else i saw so far (which is a bit weired as the fan community of D&D might be exactly the opposite, not wanting to view a polished movie).
Anyways, very strange priorities are set here. Overall i enjoyed the feeling of game in Solasta much more, but i must admit the fighting-possibilities are better in BG3 - if you know how to get a view over the battlefield without mouse edge panning possibility.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Has Larian actually acknowledged that this is an unintentional bug, and not a "feature"?

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Banjomir
Has Larian actually acknowledged that this is an unintentional bug, and not a "feature"?

Yes, according to the info from Larian support posted by VerSo just above at https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=878929#Post878929.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
H
stranger
stranger
H
I purchased the game on release, and I am level 3 and get bored/frustrated after 30 min because of the dumb camera panning issue. I tried to link W to my left mouse key and it was wonky but worked... That is until I tried to pick something up and my camera panned all the way to the right until I released the left mouse button. I bet its an amazing game, but life is too short for that kind of silliness. I would rather just play Div 2 or any other game.

H
stranger
stranger
H
That would be a silly feature, considering it ruins immersion after the 9000th time of hitting wasd to unlock the camera.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
As a workaround, I use macros for mouse. It is not ideal and it is still very annoying, but it is better than to use keyboard for fixing it. I hope, it will help you guys, till Larian fixes it.

One macro is just activating edge paning. It presses A and then D. You can see the macro settings here: https://ibb.co/m9yfqL7

Second macro is enhanced Camera Center control. It centers camera, zoom out and fix the edge paning. It presses Home, Page Down, D and A. Timing is important. Too fast presses can break the macro. You can see my settings here: https://ibb.co/y4WCXNp

Last edited by Pilda; 15/08/23 12:39 PM.
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Hm... could you please elaborate more. This is new to me. I googled and only saw that there is a Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center existing, but as i have neither MS mouse nor keyboard this won*t help. Or do you use another tool?

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
I've found as I've progressed further into the game the fights get more complicated and the edge panning issues starts to make them a complete exercise in frustration rather than enjoyment. If this was easy to fix it would have been implemented by now so I'm guessing its not. For me its game breaking and I really can't afford to have a game that's unplayable taking up so much space on my ssd. Time to retire this game and maybe come back to it if a fix is ever implemented or perhaps someone in the mod community fixes it for us. Such a shame but at the moment this game is no where near deserving of the 10/10 marks its getting from reviewers which I find very suspicious, it would seem none of them experienced this issue, were they supplied with a different version of the game than the one we downloaded?

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard