Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#891204 03/09/23 02:24 PM
Liandre Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I met him, have halsin at camp, also i did play hide & seek with him. Won the first round because i "cheated" with a scroll that lets me see the invisible. All though he said i should not cheat, he didnt know i cheated though so i guess that was not the issiue.

But then his "parents" and his "dog" showed up in round 2, i fought them, beaten them... And apperantly thaniel beat me. Cause after the fight he just stands there and claims victory in the dialogue, did i miss something? I was supposed to wake him didnt i? Why cant i add halsin to my group?

I think either i have quite some bugs or i messed something up horribly.

veteran
veteran
If you tell Halsin about Oliver, he normally wants to come with you. He talks to Oliver and then things happen, don't want to spoil you too much. I would go back to him, tell him, what you found and then he should go with you or meet you there, I don't remember, if he joined me or got there on his own.
I' ve met Oliver before it was clear, he was Thaniels other half and played hide and seek, fought mother, father and the dog and then it didn't advance. Until I talked to Halsin about it.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
B
B
As far as I'm aware you can't do anything besides playing hide and seek and optionally fighting his parents when you first meet him.
Talking to Halsin should progress the quest. But I'm not entirely sure if it progresses right away or if you have to find a way deal with Art Cullagh's condition first.

enthusiast
enthusiast
There’s another part to the quest, and I think you need to do that before Halsin joins you. Spoiler just for how to start:

Speak to the fist with the unconscious man in Florrick’s room, then tell Halsin about him.

Just ignore that he claims he won the game. Kids, eh?

Liandre Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
When i talk to halsin then its the same dialogue options like act 1, even after speaking to Oliver/thaniel its the same.

Originally Posted by Dagless
Speak to the fist with the unconscious man in Florrick’s room, then tell Halsin about him.

Is that man by any chance maybe in the "last light Inn?" or how it is called.. Because erm... They are all dead XD

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Liandre
When i talk to halsin then its the same dialogue options like act 1, even after speaking to Oliver/thaniel its the same.

Originally Posted by Dagless

Is that man by any chance maybe in the "last light Inn?" or how it is called.. Because erm... They are all dead XD

Yes. Oh dear, was that deliberate? You could try speak with dead on him, maybe? I haven’t tried myself.

veteran
veteran
Speak with Dead works. He will tell you about Thaniel in the Shadowfell and about lavender, which is what Halsin needs to know.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by JandK
Speak with Dead works. He will tell you about Thaniel in the Shadowfell and about lavender, which is what Halsin needs to know.

Well that sounds easier than waking him.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Sadly, I feel that the next stage of this quest line is bugged.

Detailed Spoiler...

I spoke with Halsin and met him at the lake to protect his portal until he brought back Thaniel.
He then joined my party (after talking at camp) and we set off to find Oliver.
We won the two rounds of hide and seek and Oliver vanishes through a portal.
On going through the portal, you are immediately in a battle and have to destroy shadow creatures to make oliver's protective globe vanish.
I brought down the globe and immediately entered a cinematic - I persuaded Oliver to join again with Thaniel and he 'dissolved'.
Halsin congratulated me and informed me the shadows would start to disappear.
The cinematic ended and my whole party died immediately of 'shadow damage' - Unable to port to Camp or heal

Quite disheartened of this outcome as the only saves are back before entering the portal - Tried again and had the same thing.
Saw a post on steam where the same thing has happened up to 10 times.

Last edited by Laucian Nailor; 05/09/23 02:27 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Hmmmm…

As I remember, when that battle ends you pop out of the shadow realm (?) into a highly cursed area in the town square. So you may need to have already acquired (and equipped) a moon lantern or have the pixie blessing to avoid taking a load of damage. Maybe.

Link Copied to Clipboard