Originally Posted by Milkfred
Eh, given that the dream person may have been the Orpheus at some stage and so on, I think it's fine to go a bit broader with it.

I didn't understand the relationship between The Emperor, Orpheus' honor guard, the Astral Prism, and I guess the wider Astral Plane? If they've been there since Orpheus has been (which I gather was way before The Emperor ended up in there) how come they didn't free him much earlier? Or just starve?

Also, wasn't there some worry that Orpheus could free himself once the force shield goes down? When The Emperor reveals himself to you, isn't he freaking out over that?

It's a "pocket" dimension. So it has all the properties of the astral plane but I think it's bounded (whereas the astral plane is infinite?). So they can't starve since you don't need any food in the astral and they don't age either as you don't age in the astral.

"Creatures on the Astral Plane don't age or suffer from hunger or thirst. For this reason, humanoids that live on the Astral Plane (such as the githyanki) establish outposts on other planes, often the Material Plane, so their children can grow to maturity."
-Dungeon Master's Guide 5th Edition

Also yeah, I don't know why Orpheus says his honor guard would have freed him. They didn't do it before and wouldn't be able to do it now.

Last edited by The Red Queen; 23/08/23 02:21 PM. Reason: Added spoiler tags