Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Icelyn
I never played the DOS games

Oh wow never realized. This explains so much then. You will absolutly love those games.
I absolutely dislike them. Anything NOT like the DOS game for BG3 is a A+ in my book.

It just reminded me of the bowl of goat's milk that old Winthrop used to put outside his door every evening for the dust demons. He said the dust demons could never resist goat's milk, and that they would always drink themselves into a stupor and then be too tired to enter his room..
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Personally, I made it through D:OS after a couple of false starts and stalled on my first playthrough of D:OS2 at the start of act 2 and haven’t got round to replaying (mainly because I’ve been playing BG3 early access!). In that, and in multiple other ways, my reaction to them is similar to the PoE games. That is, there’s lots to like about them, and I’m glad they exist, but they just didn’t grab me in the way that my favourite games do.

So while I’d not object to D:OS3, and would almost certainly buy and play (at least part of) it, it’s not something I’m itching for. Even if what Larian have learned about procedural cinematic animation from making BG3 is transferred to it, though for me that would certainly be a plus.

But then, I think it’s important for studios to make games they’re passionate about, so if that’s what Larian want to do and they have what they think is a good concept for it, then they should knock themselves out. Even if it’s not my particular cup of tea, hopefully the success of BG3 will have made it easier for another studio to have made an RPG that is!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
P
journeyman
journeyman
P
I hope the next game will be always a D&D Game, for example Planescape Torment II after a BG3 DLC until 20th. DOS1 - 2 setting is less engaging than D&D settings, nevertheless are great games.

addict
addict
A Planescape game would definitely fit Larian's style better than Faerûn.

And admittedly, I'd love to see Planescape: Torment 2 and meet all the memorable NPCs like Morte, Fall from Grace, Dakkhon, etc again. Also, annoying the Lady of Pain is always fun wink

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard