Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#881223 15/08/23 05:14 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Great game, was an absolute (no pun intended) blast and had awesome sex! What's next?

stranger
stranger
Yes we need Baldur's gate 4 next year Sven!

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Im Hoping For and Not in this Order: Icewind Dale 3 , Expansion and/or DLC for BG3, A Completely New D&D Game Somwhere else in Ferun !!!!! PLEASE Stay With D&D

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Planescape 2 Torment 2 Torturous

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I think we have more than one thread on this already, including https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=881317.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
P
journeyman
journeyman
P
If you come out from the Forgotten Realms, Planespace (so PT II) or Ravenloft.

S
S
Bug fixes and improvements I hope.

The inventory really could do with some work!

I
old hand
old hand
I
A definitive edition with Act 3 restoration and hopefully 2 mire companions/origins to round out the class list (Bard and Monk. A earlier Ranger might also be nice).

Personally I would not mind a rollback of some changes from EA but that is unrealistic to happen.

old hand
old hand
If there are any more DnD games, I really would like more settings. Even if based in Forgotten Realms, the sword coast is only a tiny fraction of the whole map. When DDO added underdark, forgtten realms and Elminster, I was super hyped, only to be presented with stuff I had never heard of - Cormyr, Kings Forest and Storm Horns is the area they used that no other game had. Also very annoyingly the areas were super huge, and you had to spend some 30 minutes of running and avoiding mobs to reach the underdark to progress the quest lines, I really despise that part of MMOs, Shadow Walk was unashamedly abused to do that by a lot of players but the trade off being it turned your screen purple.

'Oh look, theres this cool nifty spell in the game called shadow walk that no one uses, lulz lets make them use it ... for 30ish minutes of olympic marathon running, lulz' - is probably what the devs thought.

In BG1 theres a reference to Sembia, I found out from forgotten realms maps its east of Cormyr, but beyond being referenced theres no use of it in any game. Also I think Kara Tur where Yoshimo was from?

Theres so much unused stuff from Forgotten Realms, and however many other maps / realms are present in the entirety of DnD that could be used instead.

Last edited by DumbleDorf; 16/08/23 11:32 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by ShadowDragonSock
Great game, was an absolute (no pun intended) blast and had awesome sex! What's next?

Damn didn't realize you and Swen were that close, he really does care about his customers!!!

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf
If there are any more DnD games, I really would like more settings. Even if based in Forgotten Realms, the sword coast is only a tiny fraction of the whole map. When DDO added underdark, forgtten realms and Elminster, I was super hyped, only to be presented with stuff I had never heard of - Cormyr, Kings Forest and Storm Horns is the area they used that no other game had. Also very annoyingly the areas were super huge, and you had to spend some 30 minutes of running and avoiding mobs to reach the underdark to progress the quest lines, I really despise that part of MMOs, Shadow Walk was unashamedly abused to do that by a lot of players but the trade off being it turned your screen purple.

'Oh look, theres this cool nifty spell in the game called shadow walk that no one uses, lulz lets make them use it ... for 30ish minutes of olympic marathon running, lulz' - is probably what the devs thought.

In BG1 theres a reference to Sembia, I found out from forgotten realms maps its east of Cormyr, but beyond being referenced theres no use of it in any game. Also I think Kara Tur where Yoshimo was from?

Theres so much unused stuff from Forgotten Realms, and however many other maps / realms are present in the entirety of DnD that could be used instead.

I'd love one set in the Old Empires region or the Unapproachable East regions of FR for example.

Dark Sun would be a fun setting presuming WOTC doesn't make the setting lame. Albeit a remote possibility even if they do allow a game from the setting.

Perhaps a Discworld RPG with Terry Pratchett style humour? Right up Larian's alley I reckon.

I
old hand
old hand
I
How about finishing the development of BG3 first instead of leaving it half baked?

Ixal #883390 19/08/23 11:27 AM
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Ixal
How about finishing the development of BG3 first instead of leaving it half baked?
+1

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
stranger
stranger
A good Dragonlance RPG videogame is needed.

Ixal #883422 19/08/23 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by Ixal

Yeah, I feel Larian still have some work to do on BG3 before forgetting it and moving on to the next project.

Last edited by Peranor; 19/08/23 01:34 PM.
We need MODS. Future content.

DO NOT WALK AWAY FROM BG3!

Many, many mods can be added on such as:

Pool of Radiance
The Temple Of Elemental Evil
Icewind Dale: Rime Of The Frostmaiden
Rise Of Tiamat
Ravenloft
The Ruins Of Undermountain
Tomb Of Horrors
Keep On The Borderlands

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia