Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
veteran
That’s a shame I didn’t think they had recast the actor.
As someone who was actually intrigued by Wyll’s story in the EA, the rewrite was disappointing. I think they might have been afraid of his story being a little too familiar, and people’s seeming dissatisfaction with his personality in the EA probably didn’t help. I think they might have softened the personalities of every character during the the course of the EA.

I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by Sozz
That’s a shame I didn’t think they had recast the actor.
As someone who was actually intrigued by Wyll’s story in the EA, the rewrite was disappointing. I think they might have been afraid of his story being a little too familiar, and people’s seeming dissatisfaction with his personality in the EA probably didn’t help. I think they might have softened the personalities of every character during the the course of the EA.
Yes, Larian gave up on writing an interesting story and made everyone a thirst trap.
The same way they gave up on having consequences and replayability and let players experience everything in one playthrough without locking them out of stuff (tadpoles). That the story suffered as a result didn't bother them at all.

P
addict
addict
P
Originally Posted by Sozz
I think they might have softened the personalities of every character during the the course of the EA.

They have. I can recall several points in the EA where I was going through conversation options and getting some really vicious or angry responses from some characters (can't make Astarion yell at you anymore). Those conversation options and their responses no longer exist, which makes them seem softer, more even tempered, but at the same time, you don't have as much opportunity to be mean to them, so it also applies to the player character.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard