Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
I don't really mind that he felt betrayed and abandoned us...I'd even have understood if he attacked us...but to align himself with the absolute so quickly? That made no sense to me. No matter how much you may hate the Githyanki the absolute is a threat to all life across all planes of existence and they literally destroy souls. Orpheus can be talked around but not the emperor? Generally when a supposed "ally" pulls a move like that it's because he was always a traitor, either a spy aligned with the enemy or after something else altogether...but that doesn't seem to be the case because if you go along with him he really does destroy the absolute and there's no raphael-like twist to him so why is he aligning with the Absolute? That's really the only part of the game's script that bothers me...it's like they intended to do something else with the character of the emperor but somewhere in the rewrite they forgot to account for him siding with the absolute. It makes even less sense if you manage to learn his actual true identity before he became the emperor(no it's not the fake story he gives as having been an adventurer, no, he has an actual name).
I think the idea is that the moment he steps out of the prism and we free Orpheus, he's no longer protected from the Elder Brain and thus gets controlled whether he wants to or not... which should really make him consider taking his options with Orpheus. It's not like he can't still piss off and join the brain after he sees the Gith's reaction to being freed. It's not very rational.

Last edited by The Red Queen; 23/08/23 02:11 PM. Reason: Added spoiler tags