Originally Posted by Milkfred
Originally Posted by beargor
Also here is the cutscene where the emperor reveals he was mind controlling Stellmane. He becomes extremely hostile at the end but it does not carry over into any dialogue. I checked the ending and Ansur and literally nothing changes.

Video Link

Thanks for this, I've been curious about it. That's also really odd if you're trying to consider it from the perspective of The Emperor and his goals. It's like he's openly acknowledging that there's a trust issue, asks you if you want to look into his thoughts -- and then actively shows you something that will only make you trust him less, and goes on a megalomaniacal rant to boot. What's also odd about is that this secret disdain of the protagonist and his consideration of them as basically an extension of his will never comes up at any other time.

Actually, on reflection, this makes plenty of sense. Think of it this way. The Emperor has done everything to help you constantly and consistently, he's been there for you, he's only given you good advice, he's opposed to the Absolute, etc. The only thing he's withheld from you is that he's a Mind Flayer (sensible) and that he maybe should've appeared as Balduran instead of the dream waifu (relic of Daisy, not his fault.)

And for all of his assistance, the player keeps acting like a child -- wah wah wah, I still don't trust you despite there being no rational reason to do so.

So, the Emperor goes, 'Fine. Look into my mind, and see what I could do to you if I wanted to hurt you. So, shut the fuck up and stop acting like an idiot.' Yes, it does change his dynamic a little, yes, it can make you wary of him. But I don't see how that's much different from a loyal hound bearing its teeth and growling if you keep yanking its tail.

Last edited by The Red Queen; 23/08/23 02:11 PM. Reason: Added spoiler tags