Originally Posted by Milkfred
Actually, on reflection, this makes plenty of sense. Think of it this way. The Emperor has done everything to help you constantly and consistently, he's been there for you, he's only given you good advice, he's opposed to the Absolute, etc. The only thing he's withheld from you is that he's a Mind Flayer (sensible) and that he maybe should've appeared as Balduran instead of the dream waifu (relic of Daisy, not his fault.)

Yep, this is exactly why I was glad that when I customized the guardian I went for a human male with a bit of a pirate/swashbuckling look (I simply remade my Bard's Dream Lover from EA who I envisioned as her former partner in crime and unrequited crush) because I can easily headcanon that to be his real appearance as Balduran.
That peels off one thin layer of deceit and makes my bard's playthrough feel more unique and valid. I like the idea that Mr.Emperor would try to deceive my paladin and my barbarian but when it came to the bard he'd be like "I am not even going to bother posing as someone else in front of this one, shes a much better liar than I am" lmao

Last edited by The Red Queen; 23/08/23 02:12 PM. Reason: Added spoiler tags

- Firm believer in Mindflayer supremacy -