Originally Posted by Leucrotta
Hell, Lae'zel is enough of a blank slate already that with the ability to change her gender and customize her appearance and class, you'd basically have another Durge character. But compare to the experience of playing a custom Tav Gith though, and you see where all the writing for the 'Gith experience' went.

Where did it go? I went back to play custom Gith Tav and every now and then when I get sick of it I play Durge. I am in Act 3 with custom gith and I can tell you since the beginning of Act 2 nobody recognised that I play a githyanki except the Madam in the Sharess’ Caress. The githyanki story continues to focus on Lae’zel to such extends like when
Vlaakith appears in your camp she flat out ignores the githyanki Tav who carries the Pirsm and tries to convince Lae’zel to return, or Voss at the 3rd meeting will happily give Lae’zel his silver sword as a thank you for githyanki Tav dealing with Raphael.

So yes, where exactly did the Gith experience go?

Basically at this point I must repeat what I said before. I think the custom githyanki race was just an afterthought. The idea must have been that Lae’zel was made a playable character and had gith specific dialouge choices, so why not just use those to allow the custom githyanki characters. Which, again just means that the custom characters are an afterthought behind the Origin characters.