Originally Posted by Boblawblah
Tell me when you can play a completely good Dark Urge without having to pass difficult skill checks and/or metagaming to purposely knock out certain characters.

Yes and no. Yes, you can play Durge to be mostly the same level of good as Custom Tav. Ther are, however Wisdom checks, some of them are quite difficult, and if you fail them things will go very bad indeed. Also, there are unavoidable situations where things go bad. Very, very bad. Arguably not your fault, but part of the Durge plot and can be quite frustrating if you play good. All in all, I think a good Durge offers an interesting playthrough and a character with some depth as far as I got, but in a way that makes me think of someone with a multiple personality disorder. Good Durge is a person with a very dark personality twist, not your paladin fighting some basic inner vices sort…

For example, if you play Durge and you wanted to save Mirkon, the little boy in the druid camp, from the harpys, you absolutely can. He will be very sweet about it, just as normal and you can be kind in your repies, just as usual. However, the first reaction Durge will have upon seeing him standing on the shore is thinking how their favourite kind of dying/killing involves the body disappearing under water. You can be shocked by this thoutght, but it will be there. Another example could be Durge drooling over the roasting dwarf at the goblin camp, despite playing them as a saint. Yup, Durge is into cannibalsim…

Last edited by Timoleth; 21/08/23 11:25 PM.