Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
Here, let me frame my issue.

- I want to play a custom character.
- I want to play a good character that is in complete control of their actions.
- A certain NPC that is core to the Dark Urge experience is one of my favorite NPCs in the game. If anything were to happen to them because of something that I simply couldn't control, I would simply stop playing. (no, i'm not exaggerating)

Now, with those two points, can you argue that Dark Urge is simply a Tav+ in every way?
I honestly don't understand your issues...only one death of a minor character you would never see again regardless is forced on you...that's it. Maybe a squirel death too but that can be avoided by not interacting with the squirrel. And you only have to do wisdom saving throws during one event. That's literally it...every other dark urge event can be avoided. And in return for those very minor inconveniences you get so much more. New revelations and plot twists related to the main story and one of the most epic scenes seen in any game. Just a far better and more complete version of the main BG3 story.

But you do see Alfira again. In both Act 2 and Act 3. And in Act 2 she gives you the most powerful robe a warlock can have in the entire game. And she doesn't exist in a vacuum, Lakrissa is part of the deal.