Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
old hand
old hand
I do absolutely love Lae’zel, I think she’s hilarious! Just the way she says things and her hand gestures. I like how aggressively principled she is compared to the others, too. And the romance scenes that I got with her were really cute! But I like her more as a friend companion. Her romance was super underwhelming for me compared to Shadowheart’s. She just doesn’t get enough content in that way. But she is my third favorite companion after Shadowheart and Karlach, for sure! smile

veteran
veteran
I love Lae'zel - she is such a great character. Her storyline is one of my favourites and I was nearly in tears, when she decided to let Orpheus, Voss and the other Gith go and fight Vlaakith and stayed in Faerun with her bestie, my halfling bard Mirabelle.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Originally Posted by Bethra
Yup. I really like Lae'zel. Apparently I like complicated non standard non goody two shoes characters. My first choice team for doing just about anything in the game (that doesn't require a specific character to be there for more interactions) is always Astarion, Lae'zel and Shadowheart in every playthrough I've done.
Gale gets left in his portal. Wyll gets left in camp. The rest I trot out for specific things but those 3 are my dream team.

I too leave Gale in the portal - in terms of party I'm pretty much the same - only rotating others in where necessary for plot - I do swap in Karlach for some of the bigger fights.

Bard of Suzail
Bard of Suzail
My issue with Lae'zel is always attitude. Her belief early on that she is superior and that the rest of us exist just to help her. Not quite treating us as slaves, more like low skilled hired help.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zentu
My issue with Lae'zel is always attitude. Her belief early on that she is superior and that the rest of us exist just to help her. Not quite treating us as slaves, more like low skilled hired help.

I mean, the gith believe, they are better than anyone else. That is, why I find Lae'zels development so amazing - that she can leave her people behind for her group of istik, she became attached too.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
This was my favorite moment in the entire game so far... Act III spoilers*

Truest love

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Lae'zel of K'liir lover here! I'm actually of the very few that liked her from the start because I didn't go with the mindset of 'oh, she's gonna be a handful huh' but with the mindset of 'her development is gonna be a wild ride' and I was right. She's amazing. I romanced her in my Karlach origin (the stuff she said to Karlach the first time she met her when I was first playing with my Tav sealed the deal for me lol) and it's been such a ride and her character development is crazy. I love how from a grumpy, distrusting character that saw us as lowlifes,
she became a character that would die for us, learns to love Faerun and understood how the githyanki actually suffer under Vlaakith's rule and wants freedom for her race and is a constant source of empowerment.

Plus, she's a beast to have in fights haha. The fighter class is no joke.

S
Banned
Banned
S
As a proud Lae'Zel simp I will say that her whole arc should be a template for characters in rpgs. For me, she's the best written companion with the most satisfying story and endings

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
She has a great story arc, is quite funny at times, has a really cute nose and even more cute when blood spattered after combat.

T
addict
addict
T
she and Shadow for me are the Top Notch Companions of this Game..
(and i do Love Bringing then Both in my Games becouse i lought a lot with there banthers..haha)
its like in anime when yu have to Take Care to not let then Kill each other..for the Sake of the mission..haha

and i will just Bring the Only Thing i dont Like in her Quest..

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard