Page 2 of 2 1 2
rodeolifant #892124 05/09/23 10:25 AM
M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by rodeolifant
Tomatoes are so Early Access. Nowadays it's all about the salami.

Don't get me wrong, salami is great, and abundant! My team regularly have an evening meal of salami, potato and garlic, roasted in red wine, with cabbage and apple (I try to give them a balanced diet.)

But the whole point was that FRESH tomatoes were, as far as I could tell, bizarrely absent, despite rotten ones being all over the place. There are fresh and rotten carrots, fresh and rotten lemons, fresh and rotten cheese. Onions Cabbage and potatoes seem to stay fresh no matter what, and meat now that I think about it, which is a bit weird I suppose.

But apparently, the people of Baldur's Gate are aware of the fresh tomato extreme scarcity and I've now found the only fresh tomatoes in all the land.

I found two red peppers as well, which means I'm well on the way to making Lady Jarrah's fave dinner.

Last edited by Magenpie; 05/09/23 10:26 AM.
Magenpie #892142 05/09/23 10:47 AM
old hand
old hand
I actually fed my team naught but wine at some point, and there was an achievement for it.

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.
Magenpie #892147 05/09/23 10:56 AM
M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Ok, when I found the first stack, I thought the location was random, but this just happened and now I think my joke was in fact completely spot on and
the bloody shapeshifters and Bhaalists
have stolen all the fresh tomatoes. The passata plot thickens.

TOMATO CONSPIRACY

I am both entertained and extremely alarmed here.

Magenpie #892163 05/09/23 11:21 AM
old hand
old hand
Oddly enough, as I found this thread and I started a new game - I found my first fresh tomato immediately on the bandits outside Withers' dungeon.

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.
rodeolifant #892173 05/09/23 11:40 AM
M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by rodeolifant
Oddly enough, as I found this thread and I started a new game - I found my first fresh tomato immediately on the bandits outside Withers' dungeon.

Perhaps those bandits are...y'know...

Or maybe tomato season has finally begun, and tomatoes will return as normal. Bah, there goes my plan for tomato-based world domination.

Magenpie #892213 05/09/23 01:20 PM
B
old hand
old hand
B
"As I was out walking with my brother, Jim
Somebody threw a tomato at him
Now tomatoes are soggy and soft in the skin
but this red-skinned bleeder was wrapped in a tin"

Magenpie #892295 05/09/23 03:45 PM
veteran
veteran
I just found fresh tomatoes - in the
Shar temple
of a ll things

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Magenpie #894210 08/09/23 03:14 PM
addict
addict
Neither of my parallel playtrough heroes have been able to verify the existence of fresh tomatoes yet, but I will trust Rodeolifant's and Fylimar's judgement of vegetable freshness. I will accept that Baldur's Gate III in fact features unspoilt tomatoes (although a picture would help non-believers to see the red light).
But do hold off the GOTY nominations! Some other pressing matters need to be resolved first. Specifically, where are the fresh carrots? And where are the fresh bananas?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard