Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
addict
addict
Doesn't get any minor than that compared to other issues the game has.
Hence, Larian is probably working on it ASAP!

Last edited by Count Turnipsome; 18/08/23 09:27 AM.

It just reminded me of the bowl of goat's milk that old Winthrop used to put outside his door every evening for the dust demons. He said the dust demons could never resist goat's milk, and that they would always drink themselves into a stupor and then be too tired to enter his room..
veteran
veteran
I would class this as low hanging fruit, meaning that the feature we want (access to the full Char Creation screen while playing) already exists and it's just a matter of them handing over the keys there. Presenting it as an either/or is a false choice.

It probably took more resources for them to gate the Withers respec to only Class than it would to just give us the full "edit character" and "edit appearance" features.

Respecing by Class and Abilities is convenient, but it's strange that they would allow us to change that stuff but not our Appearance or our Name, especially since the latter is easy to imagine. Either could be imagined in a way that makes narrative sense if that's what's important to you, but honestly how they could allow us to change abilities but not our haircut or voice, that's silly.

Currently on the standard difficulty setting, for 100 gold you can alter your abilities/skills/known spells etc (basically all the stats) to suit your equipment at any point in the campaign. That's a lot more than you're likely to get at the table. I mean it's pretty different than showing up at a session with a flashy new portrait. If you wanted to change your stat spread mid campaign cause you just found a boss pair of gloves that raise your Dexterity to 18, and now you want to make Dex your dump stat to juice your other abilities, the DM would balk.

Computer play is different though, I think many single players would happily suspend disbelief rather than re-run the prologue and act one, knowing they'll probably use the same face and make all the same choices. Or in a multiplayer context, where you're trying for a loadout that will match the needs of the group, and where this might change session to session, since MP here is like open invitation to an ongoing campaign.

Are there other things they could be doing? Sure

Space bar should not be the default button to end turn in combat. If it's used to skip cutscenes and dialog etc. Skip turn in combat should have a double confirmation. The game should have a pause feature. Even if it doesn't actually work, it should still mute the sound and gray out the field of view, or do the things that are generally expected. I shouldn't have to navigate through a menu to do this, or turn off my monitor or hit mute, there should be a time out here, like all games. When expanding the hotbar this should add a blank row at the bottom, but not alter the default position of all the action icons. Hotbar Options should allow us to extend the bar or move the elements on either side of the main hotbar (the round status portrait and the end turn) etc. etc. etc.

I'm sure they're combing the boards, and we'll have a lot of rehashing of subject raised in EA. But when it comes to character creation stuff, these are zots that are always well spent.

We should be able to adjust our avatar/voice/portrait/name all the features of the Character Creator which are purely cosmetic at any point from our character sheet.When viewing the character sheet in full, this should be a screen similar to the character creation or lvl up screen rather than the avatar/inventory screen. The environment lighting should key off the current area, and we should be able to see all the stats tabs at once from that view. Summary Skills and Detailed view etc all up at once. We should be able to enter a full screen view for the Spellbook and the Inventory from the Character sheet view and have those display and use the entire screen just for that. Class Spells, Common, Reactions should all display together, all tabs up at once when we click to view in full. Party is fine for quick management, but the expanded views should feel more expansive and use more of the screen real estate. etc. etc. etc.

Tuco #882864 18/08/23 11:41 AM
S
Strudel Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by Strudel
It's one of the most requested features so I don't care what you think.

I wasn't asking for your approval, but thanks for the feedback.

And I wasn't asking for your opinion. Go troll another post.

S
Strudel Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
Originally Posted by Vindold
It's dissapointing that such a great game doesn't have both Magic Mirror & Transmog system, though I think that we will get smth like DoS2 Magic Mirror soon enough.

Hopefully they do add Transmog because it sucks looking like a random dumpster clown instead of a badass adventurer. Not to mention that there is no point in having so many cosmetically unique items which serve no gameplay purpose, such as Lae'zel's boots, Karlach's clothes/boots, Minthara's gloves, Astarion's clothes etc... very beautifully crafted pieces, but they're useless in actual gameplay. Would love to preserve some character's origin appearances and hide some pieces for others.

For my own character I'd love to keep the Drow armor since she's a Drow, but instead I gotta look like a clown Paladin wannabe despite being a stealth Ranger grin

As for changing our appearance, another person on the forums mentioned that the feature is confirmed to be in the works by a dev member, so could probably be one of the upcoming features with Patch #2.

I was very surprised to find out there is no Trasmog option. I want my Druid to look like... a Druid. Yet I am forced to wear clothes that make me look like a Fighter/Warrior. It was very hard for me to swap the starting (Druid) clothes lol.

The game seriously needs a Change Appearance and a Trasmog options.

S
Strudel Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by OldBoar
Cd projekt added this feature for cyberpunk 2077 later in one of the patches. Larian will do the same

It's sad because this option already exists in Divinity 2, and they knew how important it is for players.

No idea why this wasn't incorporated in BG3 considering that Withers exists and you can fully change your Class mid-game. There is also a Shapeshifter Mask that allows you to fully change your Race (as a spell) which works normally in dialogues. Just make Withers unlock the full Character Creator menu...

The more stuff I see missing the more convinced I am that they rushed to release the game before Starfield releases (which would have seriously affected their sales).

stranger
stranger
I 100% Respect their choice of not being able to change race atleast (and I wish that class respec was not implemented too, I would prefer if you could change your subclass, but not the whole class... ).

But hair, tattoos and makeup should be able to change.

//

Bardic Inspiration for those feeling blue, Everyone is beautiful... especially you <3
R
stranger
stranger
R
100% agree. This needs to be done ASAP. I am sick and tired of restarting the game 5+ hours in just because I dislike the characters appearance. Unlock full character creation, including race/gender (if people dont want that then they can just NOT use it). Really cant understand why this wasn't ingame already. It's a huge shame, we are now getting closer and closer to starfield release and at this point I just feel like shelfing the game due to this issue (it's that much of an issue for me).

And before people rage at me. Yes, I (and probably alot of other people) have problems deciding on a character and sticking with it (hence why this should be a feature).

Please add it sooner rather than later

If Larian doesn't add this option I'm guessing mods will take care of it. (And maybe there are mods for it already?)

R
stranger
stranger
R
Sadly I believe (from what I have read from modders) that it isn't something that they can currently do.

S
Strudel Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Peranor
If Larian doesn't add this option I'm guessing mods will take care of it. (And maybe there are mods for it already?)

Originally Posted by Rhogar
Sadly I believe (from what I have read from modders) that it isn't something that they can currently do.

There is a mod that exists (2 mods actually) but they are very gimmicky and you can only change some parts of your appearance (e.g., you can't change Hair, Hair Color or Skin color, for example). It also comes with various bugs (e.g., being unable to respec at all!). I remember there is a separate Hair Change mod but it changes the hair of every single NPC along with your own hair... which is plain stupid having everyone with the same Hairstyle in-game. It also doesn't change your character portrait. No idea why someone would think this as a solution to changing our appearance...

As it stands right now, only an official Larian update can bring a functional Character Appearance Change.

Last edited by Strudel; 19/08/23 01:22 PM.
S
Strudel Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
100% agree. This needs to be done ASAP. I am sick and tired of restarting the game 5+ hours in just because I dislike the characters appearance. Unlock full character creation, including race/gender (if people dont want that then they can just NOT use it). Really cant understand why this wasn't ingame already. It's a huge shame, we are now getting closer and closer to starfield release and at this point I just feel like shelfing the game due to this issue (it's that much of an issue for me).

And before people rage at me. Yes, I (and probably alot of other people) have problems deciding on a character and sticking with it (hence why this should be a feature).

Please add it sooner rather than later

I literally stopped playing until Larian updates this. There is no way I am re-doing 15 hours in Act-I just to change my Hairstyle/Color. Which I most probably won't like anyway because the lighting in the character creator room is very deceiving. It's not what you get in-game... so I most probably will have to do it again... and again...

Last edited by Strudel; 19/08/23 01:19 PM.
N
stranger
stranger
N
Please please please, I would use this feature as an addition to my roleplay, changing hair and look to suit the choices I make for my character.

I also really wish there was a full transmog feature! It's weird to have druids looking like warriors, etc. and I'm honestly really disappointed that nothing more was implemented.

The dye system is pretty weak as well, and mechanically awkward to have to combine with every single item you want dyed. What about combining it with the transmog system and unlocking dyes for future use?

S
Strudel Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Nimiar
Please please please, I would use this feature as an addition to my roleplay, changing hair and look to suit the choices I make for my character.

I also really wish there was a full transmog feature! It's weird to have druids looking like warriors, etc. and I'm honestly really disappointed that nothing more was implemented.

The dye system is pretty weak as well, and mechanically awkward to have to combine with every single item you want dyed. What about combining it with the transmog system and unlocking dyes for future use?

You'd think an PRG with so much care put into it would have the bare minimum (a trasmog system). Surprise, surprise, there is not even an option (a simple barber?) to change your appearance.

I and many others didn't put much thought into Character creation because we assumed that there will definitely be an option to change, say, our hairstyle. Guess not.

I've spend 2 hours in CC and in the end not even the colors are right. They are entirely different in the CC room compared to the game world. I ain't restarting a 15hr+ save just to try another hair color.

This needs to be patched in ASAP. No later than Patch 1. Though it seems like it will come very late, probably in patch 2...

R
stranger
stranger
R
Bump.... Still a major issue (and sadly still only vague hints towards it being added). I haven't played this game in days now due to this issue.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
We discourage bumping threads here. It's not going to increase the priority of a feature from Larian's perspective to have the same people repeating that they want it, so it just clutters up other forum members' Active Threads feed for no gain.

That said, didn't someone say that there had been some indication from Larian that this might be implemented? I think I saw a quote or link to that effect, but if so it looks like it must have been in another thread.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
That said, didn't someone say that there had been some indication from Larian that this might be implemented? I think I saw a quote or link to that effect, but if so it looks like it must have been in another thread.

Nah that was for mid-game character customization, allowing the player to aesthetically customize their characters after they've been created. No word on transmogrification being implemented.

Bump.... Still a major issue (and sadly still only vague hints towards it being added). I haven't played this game in days now due to this issue.

No point in counting days because community requested features won't be coming until Patch #2, so could be at minimum a month or more before there's any word about the possibility of it being implemented.

R
stranger
stranger
R
We discourage bumping threads here. It's not going to increase the priority of a feature from Larian's perspective to have the same people repeating that they want it, so it just clutters up other forum members' Active Threads feed for no gain.

aight, fair enough. It was more to hopefully get more attention from the community on these forums (as this has been voiced alot more on reddit etc.) I also believe they vaguely hinted towards it somewhere.

Nah that was for mid-game character customization, allowing the player to aesthetically customize their characters after they've been created. No word on transmogrification being implemented.

No point in counting days because community requested features won't be coming until Patch #2, so could be at minimum a month or more before there's any word about the possibility of it being implemented.

aight.... was definetly hoping this would come sooner... in that case imma just uninstall the game then. Pick it up again when/if I get bored of starfield.

S
Strudel Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
aight.... was definetly hoping this would come sooner... in that case imma just uninstall the game then. Pick it up again when/if I get bored of starfield.

Did the same. I can't refund it but I uninstalled the game until they address these issues. I thought I bought an RPG. Not an Early Access Action Adventure in 3rd Person. I am afraid by the time they address these issues, Starfield would have blown BG3 out of the picture for me.

Forget it. It won't arrive in 1 month. They first need to release Patch 1 which will take several weeks, followed by whatever hotfixes it may require. AFTER that, they need to work on and release Patch 2. Best case scenario, expect it to arrive late October.

Uninstalled for now. Not being able to look how I want is a deal breaker. THis includes the trasmog option. I am sick of my druid looking like a Paladin Fighter... so immersion-breaking...

Last edited by Strudel; 22/08/23 02:02 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I see no reason why Withers couldn’t be a dab hand at hairdressing and makeup at least.

S
Strudel Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Dagless
I see no reason why Withers couldn’t be a dab hand at hairdressing and makeup at least.
They literally had the appearance-NPC ready yet decided not to let us change appearance... make it make sense. Feels like Early Access...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard