Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Omkara Offline OP
OP Offline
Inquiries about the dialogue options have come to my attention. I've observed that utilizing these options is essential, either once or possibly multiple times, to initiate the dream visitor sequence during a long rest.

Given that each of my characters has the opportunity to engage with this option once daily, I am curious whether there exists any form of incentive when employing these dialogue options related to [Illithid][wisdom] with the characters.

To clarify, if I opt to exclusively utilize my main character for these [Illithid][wisdom] - dialogue choices, does this imply an accelerated progression of my Illithid abilities, or are these two aspects distinct? Is there any reason for me to only use these dialogue options with my main?

My assumption is rooted in the fact that it's mandatory to employ [Illithid][wisdom] - dialogue options at least once to activate the dream visitor sequence during a long rest. Consequently, it follows that subsequent to this sequence, I can allocate points to enhance my Illithid powers.

Only subsequent to experiencing this particular dream can the Mind Flayer Parasite Specimens be employed to augment these powers. Therefore, I speculate whether it might be necessary for me to ensure each of my characters engages in an [Illithid][wisdom] - dialogue interaction, in order for them to progress and refine their Illithid abilities.

veteran
veteran
Illithid Wisdom no longer has any effect on triggering the Dream Visitor nor gaining powers, so going through such elaborate usage planning is not necessary any more like it was in Early Access. Now they're just a once-per-long-rest "succeed an ability check" sort of button for dialogue.

Dream Visitor will only visit when you come across any of the three specific locations during ACT 1 and you absolutely cannot miss them. Afterwards you will be able to choose whether you wish to unlock your Illithid powers or not, which require illithid tadpoles to unlock.

Omkara Offline OP
OP Offline
So, using my
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
Illithid Wisdom no longer has any effect on triggering the Dream Visitor nor gaining powers, so going through such elaborate usage planning is not necessary any more like it was in Early Access. Now they're just a once-per-long-rest "succeed an ability check" sort of button for dialogue.

Dream Visitor will only visit when you come across any of the three specific locations during ACT 1 and you absolutely cannot miss them. Afterwards you will be able to choose whether you wish to unlock your Illithid powers or not, which require illithid tadpoles to unlock.

Thanks for the reply! Your reply is pretty clear, but just to be 100% sure: only using the [Illithid][wisdom] - dialogue option once, for which I believe the first time you get the chance to use it and then after you see the line "Something stirs deep within you, hungry and alert... It's taken something you`ll never get back" is with the Goblin ambush in Moonhaven (Blighted Village). Should I afterwards choose to never use any of those dialogue options ever again, this will have no bearing on advancing Illithid powers? This would basically mean that using [Illithid][wisdom] - dialogue options is entirely optional and has no positive or negative repercussions?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Omkara
Should I afterwards choose to never use any of those dialogue options ever again, this will have no bearing on advancing Illithid powers? This would basically mean that using [Illithid][wisdom] - dialogue options is entirely optional and has no positive or negative repercussions?

Correct, both Illithid Wisdom and illithid powers have no negative effects, quite the opposite the game is encouraging the player to constantly tamper with the little brain bugger grin

So think of them as illithid gifts that make the game easier and allow you to enhance your characters in interesting ways. Whether someone may want to use them or not primarily comes down to the player's own personal roleplay regarding whether they want their character to be fully pure or be the best of both worlds.

Omkara Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
Originally Posted by Omkara
Should I afterwards choose to never use any of those dialogue options ever again, this will have no bearing on advancing Illithid powers? This would basically mean that using [Illithid][wisdom] - dialogue options is entirely optional and has no positive or negative repercussions?

Correct, both Illithid Wisdom and illithid powers have no negative effects, quite the opposite the game is encouraging the player to constantly tamper with the little brain bugger grin

So think of them as illithid gifts that make the game easier and allow you to enhance your playstyle in interesting ways. Whether someone may want to use them or not primarily comes down to the player's own personal roleplay regarding whether they want their character to be fully pure or be the best of both worlds.

Sometimes I don't know how to feel about these dialogue options, because it allows me to choose through situations you'd normally have to fight through should you not have a dedicated Charisma character. I end up killing them afterwards, because of the XP, but it feels unwarranted. Maybe, I dunno, killing enemies that won't fight you out of themselves, should no longer offer XP, more or giving more incentive to make a commitment to a choice, but now I can just have my cake and eat it as well.

Anyway, thank for clearing this up wink

Link Copied to Clipboard