Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
?
stranger
stranger
?
hope they would add cut content back. i love this game so much, this list imakes me saaad

A
stranger
stranger
A
I just hope there they will eventually add drawbacks or any consequences to using tadpole.

It was there in EA, so it just feels like a downgrade for basically nothing

Wait, seriously? I thought for sure that more hags would have to show up, it's foreshadowed so strongly with the letters and even
the debuff you get from having the [hag-eyed] tag.

O
apprentice
apprentice
O
1) The list has a lot of things that sound like extrapolation or speculation to me, like the parts about Daisy. Even with the Early Access scenes, I don't think anyone has actually proven what was the actual secret behind this character and how it would have tied to an ending, so I don't like that the person who compiled this list is combining evidence with their own imagination and theories.

2) That said, there are indeed several parts of the game with actual datamined evidence of something big being removed, such as the epilogue narration, that one can hope will be restored to the game sooner or later.

3) Still, not everything that was removed is ostensibly and formally "cut content" since some of those are likely due to changes in direction. There may also be bits and pieces of dialogue or text that never got past a small test or preliminary approval, so we wouldn't get that even in a restoration.

I also wonder if the reason why the Upper City is not really included was due to the performance issues affecting Act 3? Either that or it was too unfinished to be worth releasing, therefore they folded its most important content into the Lower City.

Last edited by Ommadon; 22/08/23 04:47 PM.
U
enthusiast
enthusiast
U
More than anything, I hope the epilogues are added back in through patches.

Upper city could be DLC IMHO.

A lot of the cut contentshould be added back in with patches, the nautiloid especially.

Other Cut Content that should be restored (not on the list)

* The Astarion dialogue with "the barn" situationm, the situation with the ogre and the bugbear
* Sylvanus and Shar as dieties, I can understand cutting shar but... Sylvanus... REALLY?!

Last edited by urktheturtle; 22/08/23 07:05 PM.
U
enthusiast
enthusiast
U
More than anything, I hope the epilogues are added back in through patches.

Upper city could be DLC IMHO.

A lot of the cut contentshould be added back in with patches, the nautiloid especially.

Also the Astarion dialogue with "the barn" situation.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I agree, the epilogues need to be in. Heck I'd have accepted narrated slides like in Dragon Age / wrath of the righteous.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Insane how much good stuff they cut, all of that sounds so freaking good

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
With the amount of money this game is pulling in, along with elevation of the Larian brand and the recognition of the game itself, I hope the developers are considering expanding the game somewhat as a kind of victory lap and show of ongoing support to their product. What I would like to see, in order:

-Cutting Room Floor Restoration
-New Additions in the vein of ongoing Larian support for prior games up to a "Definitive Edition," incorporating things they think are fun, and some player feedback
-A single major paid expansion

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
F
addict
addict
F
An article (in French) about act 3:

https://www.millenium.org/news/406099.html

#JusticeForKarlach

Petition to save Karlach: https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-karlach
U
enthusiast
enthusiast
U
another piece of cut content from act 1...

The dwarf member of the group fo "demon hunters" from the toll collector station, near karlach... who would stand on the road.

He is gone... for, near as I can tell... literally no reason.

Its production quality just thrown away for no reason.

Not to mention the fisherman trying to dig the mind flayer out of the rubble.

Last edited by urktheturtle; 22/08/23 11:41 PM.
veteran
veteran
Belts!

I didn't even notice they weren't here until just now! lol

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Firesong
An article (in French) about act 3:

https://www.millenium.org/news/406099.html
Ah, France. Or as the Belgians call it, Greater Wallonia.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
enthusiast
enthusiast
100% Tumblr is full of dataminers putting up cut content and they fix most of the problems with the game. This work is already done, paid for and voice acted, it just needs to be implemented in a patch.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Also- I support the important thread in the suggestions: Let everyone in the Party Speak
M
M
That is, if it's still in the files. From what I've seen, a lot of it has been deleted (the Guardian, for example, appears to have just replaced all the Daisy files with the new versions.) Some of it could maybe be fan implemented, but I'm not sure the state it is in (the epilogues, etc.)
Originally Posted by urktheturtle
another piece of cut content from act 1...

The dwarf member of the group fo "demon hunters" from the toll collector station, near karlach... who would stand on the road.

The small cuts like this are the ones that confuse me most of all. Okay, if the Upper City wasn't working and couldn't be finished in time, sure. Okay, fine, they replaced Daisy and gutted their story for whatever reason. But when they just went back and plucked out little bits and bobs from stuff that was functioning perfectly well in Early Access?

U
enthusiast
enthusiast
U
More examples...

Anders group is thinned out for no reason

Astarions dialogue with the bugbear/ogre barn is gone

Some of the interpersonal relationships between companions that involve romance are gone (very noticable with lae'zel)this change appears to have been made extremely last minute, and was even edited out of a community update, there is no good reason to have removed this.

Volo leaves your camp entirely after the incident (I dont get this, especially since he originally had content at the tiefling party, that is now lost. and its making me sad)

enthusiast
enthusiast
If Volo was in your camp until act 3, then you might care about him in instead of it being, oh him again

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Also- I support the important thread in the suggestions: Let everyone in the Party Speak
U
enthusiast
enthusiast
U
Why was the shar helmet dialogue and discovery for shadowheart removed?

For that matter, why do the Dark Justiciar helmets and other ancient shar helmets have pretty generic models?

Its a unique helmet model, at least use it for something, like a magic item that doesnt have a unique model.

Last edited by urktheturtle; 23/08/23 08:10 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by urktheturtle

Fisherman were already gone from late EA patches. As to why - I dont know.

The encounter with paladins was redesigned - even with fewer members I found it more challenging than in EA. Maybe they just figure out they have 1 NPCs too many.

Not all changes to existing content are to be cut content - devs decided to remove due to inability to finish it.

Some changes are likely respond to community feedback Daisy => Guardian definitely felt better to me, though I question if there is any point to creating the guardian. It feels more like a leftover from the previous concept more than anything.

veteran
veteran
I wonder if hacking off pieces of act3 is the last minute crisis that Sven mentioned in the FPS podcast.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard