Originally Posted by Timoleth
... I am, however, absolutely agreeing with everyone else saying that the Dark Irge have lesser control of the story than Tav due to the unavoidable actions and wisdom checks, and that they cannot be Tav+.
Which kind of leads me back to my opening post… Tav (not Dark Urge) feels flat next to the Origin characters, as if they weren’t the hero of the story but the sidekick. If the story was about Dark Urge only, a lot of people wouldn’t have liked it (me included), but Dark Urge is a more complex and interesting character than Tav and Tav basically is pushed to the sideline in every situation possible, when there is an Origin Character there to steal the scene.

The thing is, I might be old fashioned, but I thought the player is supposed to be the hero of the story they play? Or is that just me?

I think I do agree with this take. I don't want to run into main character syndrome in game necessarily (ala final fantasy 14 where you are constantly showered with praise and adoration), but the game could certainly take steps to be more inclusive of Tav (or even player-played origins to a lesser extent). It isn't the worst example out there by any stretch, but your point does stand on solid ground as you often feel the observer watching other character's stories unfold because there is so much more weight to their evolution.

Last edited by The Frosthaven; 23/08/23 08:48 PM.

Justice For Karlach.