Yeah, plus there's the matter of whether or not Larian needed to deviate stylistically and get WoTC's approval in the first place on some of these areas. Like making the elves look like pointy eared-humans-I doubt that's something that WoTC specifically dictated, and Larian themselves made elves with an aesthetic that was fairly divergent from humans, so their choice seems fairly odd in that regard, TBH. 'big head' halflings and gnomes at least have been a thing in editions besides 3rd, so I can *get* that, but yeah. Esp when you have half elves in the game as well-why go with that? Seriously, Shadowheart and Asterion could have been swapped in regards to their elven/half elven background three patches ago and I wouldn't have noticed.

And some big 'multiversal' crossover thing being in BG III would be most unwelcome imo. I didn't sign up to EA to play that, and I really don't want to see the FR/D&D universe bend and break any further than it already has these past two editions thanks to WoTC's meddling. That's just not something I wanna see, much less immerse myself into an interactive 100-hour gaming experience with.

Eberron was designed as a standalone setting with its own worldbuilding/cosmology/etc that was unique to itself and not designed to interact with the other settings. WoTC has been screwing with that in recent years (as well with other standalone-designed settings), but I don't want to see it. I'm dreading the possibility of Warforged in Toril from the datamines already.- and I standby my assessment that Larian is leaning *far* too hard on 'the tadpoles can do anything narratively convenient' already.