Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
stranger
stranger
P
I'm on my second playthrough and it's starting to get on my nerves, especially in combat when casting or firing from distance, the camera always goes back to the caster / shooter, and you don't see what happen to your target.

I mean, this wasn't in EA in the weeks before launch, and I'm kinda wondering if that's an issue that could be tied to the controller implementation...

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Originally Posted by Bg3 player
Hm... could you please elaborate more. This is new to me. I googled and only saw that there is a Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center existing, but as i have neither MS mouse nor keyboard this won*t help. Or do you use another tool?

he has razer mouse
those screens are from synapse 3.

the problem is that you can't activate those macro when the mouse cursor is on the edge, you have to do it manually. so, at least for me, there is no improvement from the actual situation. forced to press keyboard or mouse the same thing since in this game i already use both. if a game is Mouse only, using the keybaoard would be a poroblem but i already have my left hand on the keybaord to press for: enlight things, stealth, jump, split group, switch weapons

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
TheInvoker: Yes, the macros helps only for mouse only users. App AutoHotkey allegedly should support pressing keys when you move your cursor to the edge of screen. This could help. https://www.autohotkey.com/

But the camera moving sucks anyway. Exactly like Pirlouit wrote. You want cast a spell or so something and the camera goes back to the character. I would bet it was caused the impementation of controller.

Bg3: like TheInvoker wrote. It has sense only if you don't use keyboard at all and want only play with mouse. I used macros in mouse software. If your mouse software doesn't support macros, you can try to find a general app for macros, make the macros there and bind it to your mouse.

Last edited by Pilda; 16/08/23 12:29 PM.
P
journeyman
journeyman
P
This AutoHotkey script should theoreticaly fix the problem but it doesn't work for me. If there is someone who can write AutoHotkey scripts, please make it work.

#Persistent

; Get the current position of the mouse cursor.
MouseGetPos, x, y

; Check if the mouse cursor is at the right edge of the screen.
if x >= A_ScreenWidth Send {D}

; Check if the mouse cursor is at the left edge of the screen.
if x <= 0 Send {A}

; Check if the mouse cursor is at the top edge of the screen.
if y <= 0 Send {W}

; Check if the mouse cursor is at the bottom edge of the screen.
if y >= A_ScreenHeight Send {S}

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Yes, that would be the functionality you would wish a company with a team of 400 programmers could implement after years and years of programming. Really increadible. And still just silence on the official pages about this mess. Priorities are still on romance scenes it seems. I am so fed up with this hype about this game.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Originally Posted by Pilda
This AutoHotkey script should theoreticaly fix the problem but it doesn't work for me. If there is someone who can write AutoHotkey scripts, please make it work.

#Persistent

; Get the current position of the mouse cursor.
MouseGetPos, x, y

; Check if the mouse cursor is at the right edge of the screen.
if x >= A_ScreenWidth Send {D}

; Check if the mouse cursor is at the left edge of the screen.
if x <= 0 Send {A}

; Check if the mouse cursor is at the top edge of the screen.
if y <= 0 Send {W}

; Check if the mouse cursor is at the bottom edge of the screen.
if y >= A_ScreenHeight Send {S}

if it dosn't work, it's not very useful...also i think it should have #IfWinActive, to make it work only with BG3

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Can anyone confirm that this workaround is applicable (and has no other drawbacks else than clicking on the extra button 100 times per hour - which i would prefer to reaching over to wasd on keyboard)?
If so, i would buy a multi-button (>2) mouse extra for this game.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1086940/discussions/0/3808408328760887569/?ctp=2

the author writes there:

SOLUTION:

I assigned my MouseButton4, to secondary "Move Camera Up" keybind. Or any camera movement shortcut in this case..
Now when the camera locks, I simply click that button and it moves the camera manually so the edge panning starts to work again.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Originally Posted by TheInvoker
if it dosn't work, it's not very useful...also i think it should have #IfWinActive, to make it work only with BG3

It doesn't work because there is something wrong in the script, I have never programmed in this app. I just tried it now and I failed. If someone understand it, they could easily fix it and then it should work. This solution would be then a real fix for it.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Originally Posted by Bg3 player
Can anyone confirm that this workaround is applicable (and has no other drawbacks else than clicking on the extra button 100 times per hour - which i would prefer to reaching over to wasd on keyboard)?
If so, i would buy a multi-button (>2) mouse extra for this game.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1086940/discussions/0/3808408328760887569/?ctp=2

the author writes there:

SOLUTION:

I assigned my MouseButton4, to secondary "Move Camera Up" keybind. Or any camera movement shortcut in this case..
Now when the camera locks, I simply click that button and it moves the camera manually so the edge panning starts to work again.

It may work but it is similar to the macros I made. You still have to click 100 times per hour.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
OK guys, I was able to fix the script and it is working now. It fixes the edge panning!

The only cons is that it applies to all windows if they are active so it is better to close the script if your are not playing BG and be aware if you ALT+TAB to windows. I tried hardly to trigger it only for BG but I was not able to do it. It also doesn't fix the automatic centering on the character.

The script does this: if you move your mouse cursor to the right edge of monitor, it presses D, if to the left, it presses A, if to the top, it presses W, if to the bottom, it presses S.

How to use it:
1. Install app AutoHotkey
2. Make a new text file, copy there the script and rename the extension to ahk
3. Run the file

If the script is running, you can see it near the clock with other icons of apps. Right click on it and Exit and you will close the script.

Here is the script:

WinGetPos, X, Y, Width, Height, A

#Persistent
SetTimer, WatchCursor, 10
return

WatchCursor:
MouseGetPos, MouseX, MouseY

if (MouseY >= Y + Height - 1)
{
SendInput, {s}
}

if (MouseY <= 0)
{
SendInput, {w}
}

if (MouseX <= 0)
{
SendInput, {a}
}

if (MouseX >= A_ScreenWidth - 1)
{
SendInput, {d}
}
return

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
This is all very well to try and use macros or reprogram your mouse so you only have to click that 100 times an hour but how about this novel idea, wait for it. I think the developers should fix it, what about that for a solution? Obviously hasn't occurred to the brains (lack of) trust at larian. I've given up on the game, it feels to me as if the developers searched the internet and did their best to incorporate every known bug into this game. As well as the on going panning issue I've got a few other bugs, direct x crashes and lately my team have all gone bald for some reason. Its all so distracting I can't see how anyone rated this game above 5/10.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Agreed, I purchased the game but got sick of it in about 30 min after dealing with the panning issues. I tried playing over and over, but only last about 30 min at a time due to the issue. I am waiting until it is fixed, hopefully by then all the bugs are ironed out. Def would have torrented it, if I had known about the issue. Sorry not sorry, if that offends anyone.

Last edited by Hatelore; 19/08/23 11:54 PM.
Volunteer Moderator
Online Content
Volunteer Moderator
It's not a matter of offence, but talking about pirating the game is not okay on Larian's own forums. No more of that please.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
M
stranger
stranger
M
A big THANK YOU to pilda for your effort. I regret buying the game for alot of reasons, this was amongst the top (edge panning). At least the forum members care. Thank you

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Originally Posted by Pilda
OK guys, I was able to fix the script and it is working now. It fixes the edge panning!

The only cons is that it applies to all windows if they are active so it is better to close the script if your are not playing BG and be aware if you ALT+TAB to windows. I tried hardly to trigger it only for BG but I was not able to do it. It also doesn't fix the automatic centering on the character.

The script does this: if you move your mouse cursor to the right edge of monitor, it presses D, if to the left, it presses A, if to the top, it presses W, if to the bottom, it presses S.

How to use it:
2. Make a new text file, copy there the script and rename the extension to ahk
3. Run the file

If the script is running, you can see it near the clock with other icons of apps. Right click on it and Exit and you will close the script.

Here is the script:

#Persistent
return

WatchCursor:

{
SendInput, {s}
}

if (MouseY <= 0)
{
SendInput, {w}
}

if (MouseX <= 0)
{
SendInput, {a}
}

{
SendInput, {d}
}
return

i told you that if you want it to work only on BG3 you have to add

#IfWinActive
https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/v1/lib/_IfWinActive.htm

but i don't know where exaclty. i only made 2 simple scripts for other things.

Last edited by TheInvoker; 21/08/23 11:31 AM.
P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Originally Posted by TheInvoker
i told you that if you want it to work only on BG3 you have to add

#IfWinActive
https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/v1/lib/_IfWinActive.htm

but i don't know where exaclty. i only made 2 simple scripts for other things.

I know, I tried it and it didn't work for me. I tried to add a condition that apply only if the exe is bg3 or the title is the title of the window, and so on. I tried many things and nothing worked. I don't know why. AutoHotkey contains an app - spy and it says exactly the title or right exe of the game when it is running. So I was sure I put the right title or exe. Maybe windows itself blocks it for me somehow.

If you copy the code to google bard or bing chat and ask to make it run only of the exe is aaa or title bbb, it will write it for you. But it doesn't work for me. Try it on your computer, maybe it will work for you.

Last edited by Pilda; 21/08/23 02:43 PM.
P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Fix version 2.0

I was able to change the script so that it triggered only for BG3. It works very well now. Only problem is that it works only for dx11 version. If you use Vulkan, you have to replace in the script bg3_dx11.exe with bg3.exe. I tried to do it compatible with both exes and I was not successful.

How to use it:
2. Make a new text file, copy there the script and rename the extension to ahk (if you use Vulkan, replace bg3_dx11.exe with bg3.exe)
3. Run the file

Here is the script:

#Persistent
return

WatchCursor:
WinWaitActive, ahk_exe bg3_dx11.exe
{
{
SendInput, {s}
}

if (MouseY <= 0)
{
SendInput, {w}
}

if (MouseX <= 0)
{
SendInput, {a}
}

{
SendInput, {d}
}
return
}

Last edited by Pilda; 21/08/23 03:33 PM.
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Thumbs up ! I haven't tried it yet as on holiday, but will definately do so once i'm back home.
The company should pay you for helping out fixing the most annoying bug in release (not in-game).
Quite irritating for a 10/10 rated game.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Agreed, I give it 3/10 due to this issue alone. Can't believe they would release it with this active.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
it's working. good fix, even if i can't rebind WASD to something else. Still waiting for official fix

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard