Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#886017 24/08/23 10:14 AM
C
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
C
I didn't play early access to avoid playing a broken alpha version. Now that I reached Act 3 the entire game falls apart. Massive FPS drops into the 30s and gamebreaking bugs around every corner.

Overrated. Another testament to how unreliable reviews are.

Last edited by Colt_Coffey; 24/08/23 10:15 AM.
addict
addict
I shot my self in the foot playing this game on Linux and it runs fine.

Yes there are hitches and FPS drops but not as dire as you make it out to be.

Post your spec.

Councellor Florrick's favorite Warlock.

Back Black Geyser's DLC: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-dlc-tales-of-the-moon-cult (RTwP Isometric cRPG inspired by BG1).
addict
addict
Act 3 is bad, I'll give you that but to say it's in alpha state is exaggerated. However, Act 3 should be reworked in large parts for the definitive edition.

I
old hand
old hand
I
Because most reviewers only play act 1, helped by the late review copies of BG3 (funny how that worked out for Larian isn't it?)
Also most reviewers always go with the flow as being controversial only causes trouble as the "fans" swarm in and start screaming how they are a fraud and just want attention by giving false reviews.

And thanks to the marketing campaign BG3 had a lot of those whos only concern was having sex with their waifu/husbando and didnt really care about the game.

Last edited by Ixal; 24/08/23 10:32 AM.
C
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
C
6900 xt, i9 10900k, 64 GB DDR4 RAM @3600 Mhz. 1440p.

Asking for specs while this game is obviously unoptimized in Act 3 just makes you look like a useful idiot.

Last edited by Colt_Coffey; 24/08/23 10:31 AM.
C
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
C
Originally Posted by Ixal
Because most reviewers only play act 1, helped by the late review copies of BG3 (funny how that worked out for Larian isn't it?)
Also most reviewers always go with the flow as being controversial only causes trouble as the fanboys swarm in and start screaming.

And thanks to the marketing campaign BG3 had a lot of those whos only concern was having sex with their waifu/husbando

Now after I played Act 3, it does look like the late review copies were intentional with the aim to deceive.

S
old hand
old hand
S
I mean, IGN explicitely played the whole game for their review and they still awarded it a perfect score. Not everyone is equaly bothered by act 3 it seems.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Seems like a good idea to pause at the end of act 2 and wait for a PlayStation release patch -_- If they manage to repair act 3 that fast, depends if they just have to glue the pieces together or if there was nothing to begin with

Last edited by Sopello; 24/08/23 11:00 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Colt_Coffey

Asking for specs while this game is obviously unoptimized in Act 3 just makes you look like a useful idiot.
Unoptimized or "game breaking in every corner"?

Which one is it?

Broken is unplayable.

Unoptimized means it's playable, not broken, game is finish able.

Asking your spec to verify if it's a high end or low end.

I have a 4090 and an old titan PC, one on Linux one on Windows, both work relatively fine in Act 3.

Frame dips and hitches yes, not "Broken Alpha".

My guess is driver because AMD is suck at it. They broke KOTOR completely few months ago and I sold my RX 7900 XT for it.

I hope you can refund the game and learn from this and might to reconsider product you buy just not based on reviewed. The target audience for this game are mostly avid cRPG player with high tolerance for bugs and hitches as long as the game works and delivers what the fanbase wants.

Do not be so defensive when asked to verify because "Act 3 is broken" is not the general consensus, it's unoptimized.

Last edited by Dext. Paladin; 24/08/23 11:18 AM.

Councellor Florrick's favorite Warlock.

Back Black Geyser's DLC: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-dlc-tales-of-the-moon-cult (RTwP Isometric cRPG inspired by BG1).
C
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
C
Originally Posted by Dext. Paladin

Unoptimized or "game breaking in every corner"?

Which one is it?

Broken is unplayable.

Unoptimized means it's playable, not broken, game is finish able.

Asking your spec to verify if it's a high end or low end.

I have a 4090 and an old titan PC, one on Linux one on Windows, both work relatively fine in Act 3.

Frame dips and hitches yes, not "Broken Alpha".

My guess is driver because AMD is suck at it. They broke KOTOR completely few months ago and I sold my RX 7900 XT for it.

I hope you can refund the game and learn from this and might to reconsider product you buy just not based on reviewed. The target audience for this game are mostly avid cRPG player with high tolerance for bugs and hitches as long as the game works and delivers what the fanbase wants.

Do not be so defensive when asked to verify because "Act 3 is broken" is not the general consensus, it's unoptimized.

I seriously hope you are getting paid.

Last edited by Colt_Coffey; 24/08/23 12:01 PM.
A
A
As much as I like the game I must admit that act 3 is NOT ready for the prime time, not by a long shot. It's full of bugs, glitches, fps drops. I'm playing on Nvidia not AMD, with the latest driver, so that is not the problem. I love the game, but it still needs a LOT of attention from the devs.

Bard of Suzail
Bard of Suzail
Originally Posted by Kendaric
Act 3 is bad, I'll give you that but to say it's in alpha state is exaggerated. However, Act 3 should be reworked in large parts for the definitive edition.

While I appreciate that this will happen, this is a bad habit we are allowing Larian to get into. They did this with DOS/DOS2 where the early game at launch was outstanding and the later game trash until they eventually fixed it. I think it is no obvious why this happens with them focusing so much on the EA and then not putting the same level of effort into the late game. Right now, with this track record, it is very unlikely I would ever again suggesting buying a game they develop until a "definitive" edition is released. This approach hurts them for early sales, they need to find a way to stop this behavior.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Zentu
Originally Posted by Kendaric

While I appreciate that this will happen, this is a bad habit we are allowing Larian to get into. They did this with DOS/DOS2 where the early game at launch was outstanding and the later game trash until they eventually fixed it. I think it is no obvious why this happens with them focusing so much on the EA and then not putting the same level of effort into the late game. Right now, with this track record, it is very unlikely I would ever again suggesting buying a game they develop until a "definitive" edition is released. This approach hurts them for early sales, they need to find a way to stop this behavior.

I absolutely agree.

But now that it's released, there's unfortunately nothing we can do but wait. I've put my full playthrough on hold because of the state of Act 3 and will stick to replaying Act 1 and 2.

old hand
old hand

An average PC at best, I have zero performance issues in Act 3 on a 13600K, 3080 Ti overclocked, and 32 Gb ram running at 4300 CL14 G1.

The only place I get a lot of slowdown is the fire stuff in Waukeens Rest.

You could try reducing the graphics settings.

Last edited by DumbleDorf; 24/08/23 01:31 PM.
C
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
C
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf

An average PC at best, I have zero performance issues in Act 3 on a 13600K, 3080 Ti overclocked, and 32 Gb ram running at 4300 CL14 G1.

The only place I get a lot of slowdown is the fire stuff in Waukeens Rest.

You are deluded. I understand that this is your new favorite videogame. But this is just sad.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Okay folks, let's keep it friendly and take people at their word about their own personal experience. And certainly let's hold off from insults.

We're all entitled to share our own impressions, which are clearly differing.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
S
S
I didn't play early access to avoid playing a broken alpha version. Now that I reached Act 3 the entire game falls apart. Massive FPS drops into the 30s and gamebreaking bugs around every corner.

Overrated. Another testament to how unreliable reviews are.

The first reviews came right after lunch. It is impossible that all critics reached act III at this point.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
I think this is an idiotic take, like yes it gets a bit laggy on occasion but it mostly works, there's nothing game breaking. I find all his whining about act 3 to be really disingenuous.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
*** Ahem ***

Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Okay folks, let's keep it friendly and take people at their word about their own personal experience. And certainly let's hold off from insults.

We're all entitled to share our own impressions, which are clearly differing.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
F
addict
addict
F
Broken companion questlines, the lack of a proper ending sequence and the rushed duct tape approach that was used to bring at least some content from the Upper City to the Lower City are real.

#JusticeForKarlach

Petition to save Karlach: https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-karlach
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard