Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
veteran
veteran
- Stop releasing untested patches on Friday
would be totally awesome wink

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
addict
addict
> College of Lore bards can now pick which additional skill proficiency they receive.
> Added spells to bards' Magical Secrets feature

Awesome. I wasnt expecting them to fix that already. In both cases I would have categorized that as new features, not bugfixes. Though its closer to the original rules now.

Technically Magical Secrets are supposed to be all spells, from all classes, even Bard ones as well. I'm fine with it only being a best of. But no Cantrips at all was really bad.

For the record I still urgently miss Thaumaturgy in there. Thats the one Cantrip that Bards really want from Cleric. Since it boosts Intimidate and Perform, but only works on self.

The funny part is, Bards are the only ones mentioned in the whole "Balance Highlights" section. No big issues for anybody else, eh ?

Originally Posted by Waltc
I am surprised they didn't opt to give the fixed Patch 1 a different version number! Seems like it would be much easier to distinguish between them that way.

This !!! GoG totally screwed up and offered the wrong download over the weekend, one week ago.

Originally Posted by Annoyed Player
-Level 1 Wizard dip, allowing any class to learn all spells.

Hu ?

Thats implemented 100% how D&D5 defined it.

You have slots on a spell level, you can write spells of that spell level into your spellbook.

I mean, minus the time requirement. You're supposed to spent 2 hours per spell level, too.

Last edited by Halycon Styxland; 29/08/23 10:15 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by JandK
I'd really like to know if a dip in wizard is intended to allow high level scrolls to be copied into your spellbook. I don't want to do it if it's a bug in the game, but if it's intended, I don't mind.

Yes thats how D&D5 defines it in the PHB, page 114, Wizard class, The Spellbook:

"Copying a Spell into the Book. When you find a wizard spell of 1st level or higher, you can add it to your spellbook if it is of a level for which you have spell slots and if you can spare the time to decipher and copy it. [...]"

All classes get their spoils. This is one of the Wizard. Wizards can learn maximum level spells in a multiclass; something no other class can.

Of course you still can only select a pittiful small number of spells from the Wizard if you really only take one level. But you can get the higher spells that you get through multiclassing.

M
M
Originally Posted by Halycon Styxland
Originally Posted by JandK
I'd really like to know if a dip in wizard is intended to allow high level scrolls to be copied into your spellbook. I don't want to do it if it's a bug in the game, but if it's intended, I don't mind.

Yes thats how D&D5 defines it in the PHB, page 114, Wizard class, The Spellbook:

"Copying a Spell into the Book. When you find a wizard spell of 1st level or higher, you can add it to your spellbook if it is of a level for which you have spell slots and if you can spare the time to decipher and copy it. [...]"

All classes get their spoils. This is one of the Wizard. Wizards can learn maximum level spells in a multiclass; something no other class can.

Of course you still can only select a pittiful small number of spells from the Wizard if you really only take one level. But you can get the higher spells that you get through multiclassing.

That's not true. See discussion here: https://rpg.stackexchange.com/quest...of-wizard-copy-any-wizard-spell-they-fin

Specificially, the PHB contains this sentence on multiclassing:

Spells Known and Prepared

You determine what spells you know and can prepare for each class individually, as if you were a single-classed member of that class.

The only thing the multiclassed Wizard can do with those extra spell slots is upcasting lower level spell.

Or if you prefer, refer to the SRD:

https://5thsrd.org/rules/multiclassing/

Which also contains the limitations above. It even has a Wizard specific example in it.

Last edited by MarcAbaddon; 29/08/23 01:17 PM. Reason: additional info
Diluted Oil of Sharpness doesn't do what it should (Bludgeoning, Slashing or Piercing Resistance is ignored for your weapon, gaining +1 on Attack Rolls and Damage Rolls.). Not ignoring resistances.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Perhaps this comparison of the release version and Patch 1 will be useful to someone
[video:youtube]
[/video]

addict
addict
Originally Posted by MarcAbaddon
That's not true.

Thats true.

PHB clearly states on Page 114, Sidebox "Spellbook":
[....] Copying a Spell into the Book. When you find a wizard spell of 1st level or higher, you can add it to your spellbook if its of a level for which you have spell slots and if you can spare the time to decypher and copy it. [...]

And multiclassing gives you higher spellslots than those you would get from your Wizard level.

The section you cite is about the question what classes learn during levelup. But Wizards can also copy spells from scrolls.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard