Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
A
Selune official domains are Life Knowledge Twilight

journeyman
journeyman
Trickery Domain goes really well with Rogue Multiclass into Thief.

You can stay most of the time in stealth, attack, heal or buff and then use your second bonus action to szealth again - for me its the perfect Dark Justiciar playstyle

D
old hand
old hand
D
Trickery domain doesent really fit with a servant of Shar but hardly any of the phb cleric subclasses do.

Mechanicly it sort of works. The entire gauntlet were basicly stealth checks or stealth related. Add some assasination ontop of that and thats basicly all it revolved around.

Trickery does have things that aid with beeing stealthy. But thats about as far as it goes.

Out of all of the cleric domains Twilight would fit the best with Shar. Alot of darkness involved in the feats. But yeah thats not an option in bg3.

I think adding some rogue classes to make her an assasin could work. Otherwise a DEX fighter could also thematicly work and would allow her to make more then 1 attack.

Gloomstalker ranger also fits well with the theme. Massive bonuses for beeing in darkness and beeing stealthy (which they do well) and bg3 has drasticly overhauled the ranger class which might make it very good.

Shadow monk powers suit the darkness and stealth theme of Shar. Even if the 'monk' part itself might not.

The way dark justiciars are explained a paladin could work to an extend also work. But 5e has no evil paladin variants outside of maybe conquest. But thats not in the game but Oathbreaker could also fit. Which is in the game.

At the end of the day you have to consider for yourself if you want to play purely on mechanics or if the lore is important as well. If you just want mechanics cleric is about one of the worst classes for her and even with the lore factored in the trickery domain doesent make alot of sense xD

A
A
You could just swap her to war domain as a justiciar.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Demoulius
Trickery domain doesent really fit with a servant of Shar but hardly any of the phb cleric subclasses do.

... say what ?

According to the internet, the domains of Shar are Trickery and Death.

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Shar

Originally Posted by Demoulius
Out of all of the cleric domains Twilight would fit the best with Shar.
Again: What ?

Thats one of the domains of Selune ?

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Sel%C3%BBne

Last edited by Halycon Styxland; 14/09/23 01:09 PM.
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Trickery domain is more about making other people sneaky, but honestly it falls flat on its face both at its job and also when you compare it to other domains.

While i am not familiar with dnd5 p&paper honestly i find nothing about shar relating to stealth or sneaking.

Shar wipes the memories of her servants and likes to keep secrets... and her clerics are usually in medium if not heavy armor, with exactly zero need for Dexterity.

I do not think that the Trickery in BG3 has anything to do with Shar's "flavor" of "trickery".

JandK Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I really dislike the trickery domain, at least in regards to mechanic. I'm okay with the flavor.

I'd like to see it focus more on the character than helping others be sneaky.

Better if the trickery domain just gave the cleric expertise in stealth & sleight of hand. Maybe the ability to see in magical darkness and the darkness spell always prepared.

Those things would make the domain enjoyable.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard