Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Scoonster49
Heads up someone over at the reddit mentioned that Larian responded to a support ticket saying that Minthara is bugged and will get fixed

https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/15rx34f/baldurs_gate_3_hotfixes_patches/

Another serious argument to add Minthara to the party with any decision of the Emerald Grove is that everyone who wanted to romance her has already done a 100 hour buggy playthrough, and will definitely not be playing again on the side of the goblins in the second playthrough. But everyone wants to watch missing Minthara content

Thanks to Larian for Baldurs Gate 3 and the reaction to player feedback
I
stranger
stranger
I
I really love BG3 and from my point of view it already has legendary status. But after I tried to looking for info about Minthara romance and find out that character is a mock / dumb / fake or any other definition you prefer I feel completely frustrated. I totally agree with CatXiphos and Edvin Black opinion https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=878663#Post878663.
This character completely wasted and I even think that it make no sense to continue playing by evil char because you will receive nothing in return of lost characters and content. From the other hand I'm not ready to replay 2 acts now so maybe will return to game later.

Maybe make sense to create petition about implementation of full storyline and romance options for Minthara character?

Last edited by IIpu3paK; 16/08/23 12:28 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by IIpu3paK
I really love BG3 and from my point of view it already has legendary status. But after I tried to looking for info about Minthara romance and find out that character is a mock / dumb / fake or any other definition you prefer I feel completely frustrated. I totally agree with CatXiphos and Edvin Black opinion https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=878663#Post878663.
This character completely wasted and I even think that it make no sense to continue playing by evil char because you will receive nothing in return of lost characters and content. From the other hand I'm not ready to replay 2 acts now so maybe will return to game later.

Maybe make sense to create petition about implementation of full storyline and romance options for Minthara character?

How to do it right?
I think the topic author should ask the moderators to make this topic a petition (all posts here are about this)

Thanks to Larian for Baldurs Gate 3 and the reaction to player feedback
Originally Posted by IIpu3paK
See the good thing is they've responded to a bug report about it acknowledging it and that fixing it will be included in a future patch, so likely Patch 1 given the huge scope of its bug fixes. Not sure we need to change the thread into a petition for something that's already being worked on.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Scoonster49
Heads up someone over at the reddit mentioned that Larian responded to a support ticket saying that Minthara is bugged and will get fixed

https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/15rx34f/baldurs_gate_3_hotfixes_patches/
support have confirmed this on discord too

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Also- I support the important thread in the suggestions: Let everyone in the Party Speak
I
stranger
stranger
I
good news smile

apprentice
apprentice
IMHO, Minthara shouldn't be an exclusive companion. I would understand if Kagha (even then she's pretty redeemable) and Halsin were, depending on Grove
Shadow druid conspiracy quest
resolution, though in the Act 2
you still get whole 2 druid companions
in goody-two-shoes walkthrough.

Minthara, however, is the only Drow and the only PALADIN companion in the entire game. Were you to join Goblin raid it permanently removes 3 companions - Halsin, Wyll and Karlach - with the 4th - Gale - potentially leaving you unless successfully persuaded. Price is too steep, and considering the fact she's not just a fellow tadpole victim, but also a brainwashed one in Act 1 - it feels all kinds of wrong for good-aligned character to blatantly murder her in cold blood. Especially since from Act 2 it is discovered that she was forced to join the Absolute and do her bidding.

Real Minthara has serious grievances against both Lolth and Absolute, had no desire to murder tieflings as they posed no threat to her as well as her story arc is pretty much about redeeming herself, growing as a person and,
judging by datamining, starting a family
. All potential for turning into, if not good, at very least, neutral-aligned character, which I'd say is quite suitable for Good guy Tav walkthrough. It feels wrong being forced into an evil walkthrough to get a well-written companion who isn't even purely evil, but a misguided victim of brainwashing,
that left worshipping Lolth (due to all the loss and pain wrought upon her and other bs) prior to being recruited Absolute's servitude by Orin against her will

Halsin is, though, good guy through and through, no moral dilemmas or relationship dynamics. Minthara is more akin to Morrigan from Dragon Age Origins, while Halsin would make a somewhat smarter, wiser Alistair if there was any dynamic between these two. I'd pay good money to see them actually be forced to work together and interact.

Why not just eliminate most of Goblin leaders at the camp? It's not like the rest are loyal to her. They're undisciplined savages that have no discipline. Why not defeat the Goblin raid on the Grove and force her to retreat? Anything to force her to escape empty-hnded to Moonrise Towers/be imprisoned at the Grove along with Sazza (who is oddly lies dead even if you persuade tieflings against shooting her, but still don't release her)? You can easily persuade Nere at Underdark that Absolute is a sham with your words alone, yet can't do the same with Minthara even with the Prism in your pocket? Really? You literally do that to
Stone Lord/Minsc
in Act 3 and it works like a charm.

Plus, let's not forget Liriel Baenre, a good-aligned member of Minthara's House back in Menzoberranzan, who escaped it, found a new purpose on the surface, fell in love with a human. If anything, in good Tav walthrough, Minthara could pretty much go the same way. Especially if Tav is a fellow Drow. They can be hailed as heroes of the Baldur's Gate. Why not start something together there?

#JusticeForMinthara
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by AlexZebol
let's not forget Liriel Baenre,

Preach!!!!!!!! It is a crime Liriel only got a trilogy series and never appeared again in any other story other than a short. Espcially since the last book was such a downer.

It's also funny Minthara works really well with a good Durge trying to keep their dark side in check so she is surprisingly a appropriate fit for good characters

Last edited by Scoonster49; 17/08/23 04:13 PM.
Time to test how much of Minthara's dialogue was restored if any. The Patch mentions better dialogue flow for romance along with a couple other fixes so here's hoping her romance dialogue exists at all and the game properly recognizes it after Act 1 now. Doesn't sound like the general problem of her lack of reactivity in Act 2 was addressed though.

Last edited by Auric; 25/08/23 02:39 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Auric
Time to test how much of Minthara's dialogue was restored if any. The Patch mentions better dialogue flow for romance along with a couple other fixes so here's hoping her romance dialogue exists at all and the game properly recognizes it after Act 1 now. Doesn't sound like the general problem of her lack of reactivity in Act 2 was addressed though.

Curious as well to see if anything substantial has changed, and if they got rid of the "for the absolute" nonsense combat dialogue.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Tumblr people are already reporting the romance is still not triggering consistently

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Also- I support the important thread in the suggestions: Let everyone in the Party Speak
Yep, looking very strongly like the "flow" they improved was just one line of interactivity when you rescue her, she will now properly acknowledge you differently if you slept with her upon rescue. Nothing else has changed about the non-functioning romance flags or her personal story. The only other tweak of this nature was for Dark Urge interactivity and I don't have a playthrough started of that yet.

Last edited by Auric; 26/08/23 11:38 AM.
?
stranger
stranger
?
Just posting for support :
- Minthara for Good Playthroughs / save the Grove.
- Knock her out / not treated as DEAD BECAUSE IT MAKES NO SENSE.
- Moonrise trial still happens.
- Easy fix / addition.

"nothing is easy in game dev..."
Yeah ok, but this one is.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Ʌrtémis
Just posting for support :
- Minthara for Good Playthroughs / save the Grove.
- Knock her out / not treated as DEAD BECAUSE IT MAKES NO SENSE.
- Moonrise trial still happens.
- Easy fix / addition.

"nothing is easy in game dev..."
Yeah ok, but this one is.
Yes, and even more, we already have similar situation with
Minsc
So it will be at list fair.

stranger
stranger
Devs,

Honest question:

Why can't we Knock her out and find her later?

I understand Helsin and Minthara not wanting to stay in the same group, but players should have the option to spare even enemies, and than decides who stays.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I'd like to voice my support for an option to have the Goblins not launch the attack by not joining it, but also discretely eliminating one or more of their leaders. Ideally, this would mean that the whole camp doesn't magically know what that shadow was that
killed Dror. And then you can just leave Minthara alive, or have her
knocked out, kind of like how you can with the Dark Urge
and Alfira, which then prompts Quill to show up. Additionally, there's no reason you can't kill the whole camp, save for the leaders, you'd just knock them out, and then see them again later, or maybe just Minthara as she already has stuff later in the game.
. Honestly the knock out feature is really nice, and I wish it did allow for more things like that.

journeyman
journeyman
Found this: https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/1713

(but seam to be very bugy)

Last edited by Rappeldrache; 26/09/23 06:57 PM.
stranger
stranger
Extremely disappointed by the lack of content for Minthara in Act 3. Once you get there she is basically a glorified hireling.
For example she barely reacts to Orin's presence when she's the one who bullied her into joining the Absolute cult
Even while romancing her with exceptional approval, you can only ask her her opinion about other companions or tell her to go to camp. Now i'm reading on reddit thats she is missing some 2000 lines of dialogue and her extra content might be cut for good ? If that's true, i can only hope Larian reconsiders, and we get the Karlach treatment (as in, she gets more fleshed out and a proper ending in a future patch). She is by far the most interesting companion in my opinion story-wise and deserves much more than what she's getting now.

I will add a spoiler on the matter :

Currently she is the only good reason to side with the goblins, a decision that costs you 3 companions (Karlach, Wyll, Halsin). The other option i believe is to steal the idol of Silvanus, which deprives you from several Tiefling related quests and arguably one of the best item in the game (Potent robe) . Either way that feels really, really bad.

Originally Posted by CosmicMayhem
If that's true, i can only hope Larian reconsiders, and we get the Karlach treatment (as in, she gets more fleshed out and a proper ending in a future patch). She is by far the most interesting companion in my opinion story-wise and deserves much more than what she's getting now.
In Karlach's case I think we can safely expect them to properly finish the Act 3 portion of her quest they left totally unfinished and give her a more satisfying ending appropriate to completing it. For Minthara it's less clear. They definitely need to finish bugfixing her so that all the stuff Hotfix 5 lied about fixing actually works, and it'd be very nice if they opened up her availability somewhat after everyone who wanted to recruit her already did a buggy mess of a playthrough and don't want to bother again. Restoring a few of the things that were intentionally cut though is less advisable than Karlach's missing stuff for the same reasons that they probably cut it to begin with. Some of that content doesn't have a good place to fit because Act 3 has so little downtime, and with all the extra reactivity they gave her with a Dark Urge it makes it even harder to consider where exactly the cut content would be able to reasonably fit. All her missing Act 2 interactions should work just fine if her recruitment wasn't so strictly limited though.

stranger
stranger
Bumping this thread because we're still lacking proper act 3 Minthara, despite 3 major patches smile

Last edited by CosmicMayhem; 08/10/23 01:14 PM.
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard