Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
stranger
stranger
We need Minthara! More romance, more content!
This is the best character of BG3

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
Two weeks before launch Swen said the upper city of Baldur's Gate was in the game and fully playable and he also mentioned the 15 minute epilogue...all that stuff is in the game files even fully voiced, but not in game. How did that go from in game to cut in less than two weeks?

simple in the same event they showed the world [and themselves] that the game wasn't ready for release yet because its untested... even the stuff still in the game will [just] barely run lower city on average PCs

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
apprentice
apprentice
Really big thank you for College of Lore changes. New magical secrets spells makes this subclass more viable as utility/support replacement. Great patch. Thank you!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Salo
Balance
  • College of Lore bards can now pick which additional skill proficiency they receive. Bards that are already of the College of Lore need to respec to get this choice.
Well,
that sounds reasuring ...

Now, lets hope Warlocks and their Pact of Tome will get same treatment. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Salo
Balance
  • College of Lore bards can now pick which additional skill proficiency they receive. Bards that are already of the College of Lore need to respec to get this choice.
Well,
that sounds reasuring ...

Now, lets hope Warlocks and their Pact of Tome will get same treatment. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
M
stranger
stranger
M
Curious about the 99.1mb download from Steam that just dropped about an hour ago. What has it changed? Is there anything we need to know about it?

Thank you and warm regards

The size vary with people. Here it's a 695 MB download. No announcement, probably some sort of hotfix - that's why you don't push big updates on a Friday. wink

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Hotfix for a patch? I did get some graphic issues yesterday

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Tatoskok
Please reconsider the changes to Chest of Mundane. We don't have a bag of holding and it's a major pain to go back and forth to vendor to sell items after every other battle. Limiting carrying capacity without the (previous) Chest or a bag of holding to our character's strength, means we'll have to take a break to loot and sell armor and weapons after every other battle, which breaks the game flow. It was great that I could play for hours and then when I done playing, I could make a single trip to town to sell. Now, I'll have to make several trips to town (possibly multiple trips to carry gear from large battles with numerous enemies) after every battle or two.

The easy way to do this, is send it all to the camp. When you do go to sell, split off one party member, send them to camp, and switch back and forth. The character at camp, sends stuff to your seller (ideally, the one with the highest charisma or the best liked) to sell. Just go back and forth.

cool2 Eric the Grey
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Eric the Grey
Please reconsider the changes to Chest of Mundane. We don't have a bag of holding and it's a major pain to go back and forth to vendor to sell items after every other battle. Limiting carrying capacity without the (previous) Chest or a bag of holding to our character's strength, means we'll have to take a break to loot and sell armor and weapons after every other battle, which breaks the game flow. It was great that I could play for hours and then when I done playing, I could make a single trip to town to sell. Now, I'll have to make several trips to town (possibly multiple trips to carry gear from large battles with numerous enemies) after every battle or two.

The easy way to do this, is send it all to the camp. When you do go to sell, split off one party member, send them to camp, and switch back and forth. The character at camp, sends stuff to your seller (ideally, the one with the highest charisma or the best liked) to sell. Just go back and forth.

I understand, but that's a major pain in the backside. Inventory management is already a pain. Having another pain like this is just compounding the problem and making it worse.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Eric the Grey

That's a great tip. I hadn't considered doing that. Thanks.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Thebazilly
...my game starts running pretty rough at about 3 hours of playtime.

Yeah I've noticed this too - plenty of stuttering. I have a new laptop with excellent hardware and fiber connection.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Redglyph
The size vary with people. Here it's a 695 MB download. No announcement, probably some sort of hotfix - that's why you don't push big updates on a Friday. wink

yes thats a hotfix for this patch i.e, fix the data mismatch bullshit [hopefully]

Originally Posted by fylimar
ANd yay for fixing lore bards - thank you so much

Yay, that they fixed it for new bards, but not so yay that I had to respec to get back the proficiencies I had previously chosen. It wasn't a pleasant surprise to discover (while exploring a highly trapped portion of the Grymforge) that Larian had decided to second guess me and remove my Lore bards Sleight of Hand proficiency.

veteran
veteran
warning Gog Galaxy players... installing the 2 different copies of patch 1 will corrupt your files and cause any save games to not sync

*** make a hard copy of your save game 1st

who = anyone that installed patch 1 yesterday and played / saved files will then get the small hotfix today... your save files are now different and will not sync
i.e, if you other systems now update to patch 1 they will get a different copy of patch 1 [yes the same build number but its different in the files] and your 1st systems save wont sync across

B
stranger
stranger
B
Uhhh...with the Dance Macabre balance changes, I don't think I can Dismiss my Ghouls anymore, since I can't directly control them and have them dismiss themselves. Unless there's some UI thing I missed. If there's something I missed on how to dismiss them, please let me know.

S
stranger
stranger
S
"You can no longer recruit both Halsin and Minthara to camp in the same playthrough."

You serious? What is this crap?

So first you allow something into the final release of the game that you could have removed if unintended. Then when players embrace it and work out inventive ways of achieving that outcome you pull the plug?

I had paused playing the game for a week while I researched a way of recruiting both these characters, then reloaded hours back into my game so I had all the steps done correctly and now you decide to block this. Seriously guys what are you playing at?

Even lore wise it made sense for these two characters to be in the same party, as part of Minthara's redemption arc. What you just did smacks of laziness and lack of testing.

I wish I hadn't bought this game now. Can't even get a bloody refund. Larian what a bunch of amateurs. 2 years of early access for this crap. Pathetic.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Anyone interested in recruiting Minthara and Halsin together can join in the thread over at https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=887290&Searchpage=1 where forum members are discussing this constructively.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ussnorway
warning Gog Galaxy players... installing the 2 different copies of patch 1 will corrupt your files and cause any save games to not sync

*** make a hard copy of your save game 1st

who = anyone that installed patch 1 yesterday and played / saved files will then get the small hotfix today... your save files are now different and will not sync
i.e, if you other systems now update to patch 1 they will get a different copy of patch 1 [yes the same build number but its different in the files] and your 1st systems save wont sync across

I was fortunate not to download the original flawed Patch 1, and through Galaxy I have no save-game problems and no data mismatch problems, with patch 1 and the 695MB patch today. I am surprised they didn't opt to give the fixed Patch 1 a different version number! Seems like it would be much easier to distinguish between them that way.

Last edited by Waltc; 28/08/23 07:32 PM.

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
K
stranger
stranger
K
Hey guys, awesome patch ! Keep up the good work smile

Things I'd like to see in patch #2:
- Beeing able to change appearence for custom created character after the game is started (even change race)
- Beeing able to have companions pitch in during multiplayer games, and why not even solo game, switch character for the tests
- Removing other player's characters from the group (hirelings can be removed already)
- SCAG cantrips (let's be honnest, eldritch knight is nowhere near as good without them)
- The ability to display weapons with camp clothes
- Swords, axes, and maces on hip instead of back

That would be awesome

Last edited by Kehldael; 29/08/23 10:04 AM.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard