Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 29 of 39 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 38 39
stranger
stranger
It's a shame that Minthara is restricted as a companion unless you agree to be a cold-blooded killer. It would be nice to have an alternative for her.

stranger
stranger
I just don't understand one thing... Why do you see the main problem that Mintara can't be taken to a good party, besides the fact that it is broken.
I see that everything happens because of the absence of an evil path in the game.
Are you taking Carlach away from us, Willa?
Great, give Nera and Geh a Coal as partners or an orc and Balthazar.

enthusiast
enthusiast
And she has so much content for a good party AFTER you get her, so she'd make more sense to be for everyone to recruit as otherwise for that content you have to be a evil in act 1 good in the rest and just..
MAKE HER ESCAPE IN ACT 1 AND JOIN ALL PARTIES IN ACT 2 c'mon

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Also- I support the important thread in the suggestions: Let everyone in the Party Speak
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Originally Posted by ALNoire
I hope the developers will hear our voices and give her back everything they owe.
Perhaps each of us should write a feedback via the form on their website. It looks like they're reading this.

Is there any link? To create a petition, and a separate topic with a link to this form

https://larian.com/support/baldur-s-gate-3#modal

in report type you need select "feedback", i think.

stranger
stranger
I think feedback is the right option to choose, the automatic response will tell you the team prioritizes bug tickets first, but oocasionally look through feedback tickets. This is most likely be best way that our voices might be heared.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by CatXiphos
I think feedback is the right option to choose, the automatic response will tell you the team prioritizes bug tickets first, but oocasionally look through feedback tickets. This is most likely be best way that our voices might be heared.

I also like the petition option. If the developers see that this has public support, then we have a better chance.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
I just hope if Larian decide to make her recruitable for good playthrough they at least somehow explain it in an extra dialogue line like: you see via tadpole how she was noble warrior, but now a slave to the absolute - she might be deserving to be saved if you wish AND HERE KNOCK OUT TIP APPEARS because many people dont know its an option until act 3 and its just too easy to miss her. My character should have a reason to keep her alive for RP reasons, it breaks immersion if I and not my character know she can be good . I would love to have a paladin for fresh game expirience in my party and a new character too.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'd go with, you can feel a raging ocean of anger calling in fury for the destruction of the absolute just under the surface of her placed obedient mind, if set free what damage might her vengeance wreak against our enemy or something rather than noble warrior?

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Also- I support the important thread in the suggestions: Let everyone in the Party Speak
stranger
stranger

tfw Minthara will never bear your child. Is there any reason to go on, bros?

enthusiast
enthusiast
I find it sort of weird that, the one character who has a backstory implying romantic relationship with another woman, also had the pregnancy subplot, and also the game feels like it all takes place over acouple weeks? I can't imagine how a pregnancy subplot would even work but also I NEED THIS TO BE BACK IN THE GAME! especially that final line it's so much fun. Also what if Orin is somehow the father. like shapeshifters yknow

Last edited by The Red Queen; 29/08/23 08:04 AM. Reason: Added spoiler tags

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Remember your spoiler tags when discussing plot elements! Or at least, if you’re requesting story elements that aren’t in the game rather than commenting on ones that are, make that clear so people don’t feel like they’re getting info they’d prefer to discover for themselves.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Yeah, the trade-off to get her is completely disproportional
(no Arrabelle, no Tieflings at Last Light or Baldur's Gate, no Dammon, meaning limited progression for Karlach, no way of saving the Cursed Lands now that Halsin's unavailable, etc.)
Let alone which, it's really hard to roleplay seriously as a "good" character after doing what you need to do to get her on-side, so her redemption arc rings hollow.

Interestingly, she's bugged out in my current play-through. I didn't want to participate in massacring the grove and tieflings, so simply went to the Cursed Lands and Moonrise Towers after completing Grymforge, Auntie Ethel, Voss encounter, etc.

She was pretty much the first thing I did once I got the the Cursed Lands, as that was pretty much the point of this playthrough (well, that and being a resisting Dark Urge).
Once I got her, we went through the tomb / Temple of Shar, and got to the point of no return, at which point I thought, "Hmmm, let me check out the grove before doing this".
And that's when I discovered that for some reason, my Minthara has a super-power: She plays realtime while everyone else is playing turn-based.
Whole encounters can be completed by just marching her in and getting her to hit things while they get no chance to react.

I've tried removing her from the party and re-adding her, but this interesting behaviour persists. I suspect it may go away once I trigger the point of no return.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I am curious how the pregnancy storyline would have proceeded. Drow aren't especially maternal and the race of the father could be a point of discussion. Imagine how Astarion would freak out if he was the PC. Is it only the PC who Minthara hooks up with?
It is kind of like a dark reflection of the Aerie pregnancy storyline from the old series.

Evil always finds a way.
L
addict
addict
L
Yeah...compatibility issues would be a concern, I think. Humans/Dwarves can have children with Elves, but can a Dragonborn sire a kid with an elf? Halflings? Githyanki? I have my doubts. It sounds like an interesting story though.

And IIRC from my sourcebooks the drow even have grammar/vocabulary in their native tongue to describe 'raising a child' The spider-worshipping folk aren't known for being the most nurturing mothers around.

Last edited by Leucrotta; 29/08/23 05:32 PM.
The whole pregnancy thing is weird since it's hard to gauge the time scale of the events of the game (unless you go by the number of long rests you did). I also don't understand where it's supposed to take Minthara's story. A redemption arc would hardly make sense considering you have to do some really nasty shit for no good reason in order to trigger this event (or at least the version where the child is yours). But far be it from me to get in the way of an evil daddy playthrough. crazy

L
addict
addict
L
Yeah, if Larian wanted to go with another 'I can fix her'' redemption-arc drow character, gating the romance option behind.....that.....I can think of better alternatives. If you are going to make players go through that as a prerequisite, just give them the whip-snapping sadistic priestess who wants to put her partners on a leash, the one they likely thought they were getting when they jumped through hoops to get. Or at the very least have her start that way and change over time maybe. So many of the evil party members ended up being 'softened' from EA (probably to compensate for Minsc and Helia getting cut as Origins) I can't help but feel like I'm playing the game 'wrong' as an evil character sometimes. But if Larian want's to go with another 'softened' evil party member they should have just ditched the child-murder as a prerequisite, but I can imagine that basically nobody would side with the goblins without the Minthara recruitment prerequisite metagaming if that was the case.

stranger
stranger
Everyone who cares about the fate of Mintara, write, highlight this problem in public discussions, write reviews of Larrian. Together we can!

[img]https://ibb.co/ByHvgTY[/img]

Heard the hopefully good news over in Community Update 24 yet? Anyway...

Originally Posted by TheAscendent
I am curious how the pregnancy storyline would have proceeded. Drow aren't especially maternal and the race of the father could be a point of discussion. Imagine how Astarion would freak out if he was the PC. Is it only the PC who Minthara hooks up with?
It is kind of like a dark reflection of the Aerie pregnancy storyline from the old series.
The playthrough recruiting her I had planned before realizing how messed her content is was with a Half-Drow, and I would be SO INCREDIBLY INTERESTED in seeing that specific dynamic play out. Especially with the way her opening comment on meeting her is insulting you for being one. With the way she develops as a character after Act 2, it would be so damn incredible.

addict
addict
It would be nice if there is an option to force her to be your companion instead of committing Genocide.

I don't know. The sacrifice are just too great, and I don't want a dollar store Viconia. There is Viconia in game. Made he my companion instead.

Councellor Florrick's favorite Warlock.

Back Black Geyser's DLC: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-dlc-tales-of-the-moon-cult (RTwP Isometric cRPG inspired by BG1).
enthusiast
enthusiast
Have people seen this article? https://www.ign.com/articles/baldurs-gate-3-patch-2-minthara

Baldur’s Gate 3 Patch 2 Will Address ‘Very Stupid Bug’ That Blocked 1500 Lines of Minthara Content
Minthara is finally getting the justice she deserves.
Kat Bailey
By Kat Bailey
Updated: Aug 30, 2023 10:35 am
Posted: Aug 30, 2023 10:24 am

Baldur's Gate 3's next big patch is releasing soon, and by all accounts it will be a chonky one, featuring a host of performance improvements and other fixes. Even better, Patch 2 will apparently address Minthara, who has been hobbled by what director Swen Vincke describes as a "very, very stupid bug."

Speaking with IGN ahead of Patch 2's release, Vincke talked about how the scope of Baldur's Gate 3 can cause cascading reactions that can sometimes lock out content by accident. Such is the case with Baldur's Gate 3's drow murderess.

"The game is super reactive and there were a couple of bugs that caused some of the companions to not react as they should. And so that felt like the content was not showing up. So you weren't seeing it specifically with Minthara," Vincke explained. "So [lead writer Adam Smith] told me there's about 1500 lines of Minthara that weren't showing up as a result of a very, very stupid bug that we now isolated. So we're solving it."
<strong>Baldur's Gate 3 fans have been crying out for more content for Minthara.</strong>
Baldur's Gate 3 fans have been crying out for more content for Minthara.

Vincke said that the Minthara lines "worked" in previous versions, but that "something else caused them to not work anymore." Such is the challenge of making a complicated, interlocking RPG filled with thousands of tiny interactions.
'We'll see if we can do something extra for her'

Talking about the team's overall vision off for Minthara, Vincke says she went through "a few iterations." One key distinction is that she's not an origin character, meaning you can't play her from the start. In essence, she's what Vincke describes as a "sidekick."

"She's there to actually serve another character that you meet later on in the game, one of the antagonists," he says. "So, she was supposed to bring a different light on that antagonist in there."

He continues, "It doesn't help that some of her lines are not triggering. So that doesn't do her justice. But she never had a real actual quest — an origin quest... what you have for some of the others inside of act 3.. So people that were looking for that, it's just not there."

"There was a variation that they discovered of Minthara that we removed because it became too complicated. Then we didn't have the real estate across the game anymore to tell that story. So, they found some fragments of it. But I mean, every single companion that you've been playing has gone through those multiple iterations. So, it's not that it's something like we massively cut something there. It's just that Minthara also serves the power fantasy of going for evil."

Page 29 of 39 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard