Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
veteran
veteran
Can anyone here confirm if this is in the game;

I was watching a certain streamer the other day and they were talking about how they came across a leftover area transition outline leading to the Upper City which they could click on, but didn't do anything because naturally there is no Upper City in the game... but apparently it's there and it wasn't removed properly, or something like that.

Is there really an area transition that was left in the game? I'm not in ACT 3 yet, so can't check myself.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by eikka
With the Minthara fix to be coming "soon", I'm left wondering if I should pause my run or not.

I just had Minthara join me, and I don't know if the fix would apply to my game or if I'd need to start fresh to have the proper experience.

Does anyone know?

I personally wait for fixes. Still i didn't played as DU, and actually i travel with different companions. For Minthara, i can wait.
Also with new fixes to lore bard + added sanctuary i wanted to check out this subclass once again from start to finish.
There's so much to do in this game, i recommend to wait... and if you will continue then there's a high chance of missing something, we don't know what will be changed.

The best solution is to be patient.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Awesome news for the Wither's wardrobe ! Now last big issue is having party members able to take over during dialog and dice rolls

M
M
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
Can anyone here confirm if this is in the game;

I was watching a certain streamer the other day and they were talking about how they came across a leftover area transition outline leading to the Upper City which they could click on, but didn't do anything because naturally there is no Upper City in the game... but apparently it's there and it wasn't removed properly, or something like that.

Is there really an area transition that was left in the game? I'm not in ACT 3 yet, so can't check myself.

While I've not heard of that specifically, there has been some comments from dataminers on Reddit that indicate the files have something like that for BG_WYRM, BG_LOWER, BG_END, and BG_UPPER. Wyrm is Wyrm's Crossing. Lower is Lower City. End is the endgame gauntlet location. And Upper, apparently, doesn't appear to correspond to any map that exists.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Larian must really think that we are dumb. The amount of lies, condescending language and patronizing tone in this community post is off the charts...

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Let's keep it civil and constructive, please.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
addict
addict
I know its not according to the original D&D rules, but would it be possible that Bards can inspire themselves, too ? Bards are set up to be the ideal social interactors now, and everybody else can get Bardic Inspirations in dialogue from them, but for some reason you actually need a second Bard in group - for nothing but to ever get Bardic Inspirations on the first Bard !

I see no fundamental reason why that should be the case. Paladins for example can Lay on Hands themselves just fine. There are abilities that can only be used on others, like the Cleric spell that shares hitpoints with another character, but those exist for a reason. The rule that Bards can only inspire others but never themselves seems to be a relict from the times when D&D treated Bards very badly and they've been considered merely a sidekick. From what I can see, there is no actual reason why Bards should be unable to inspire themselves.

Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Would accept no epilogue if it means we are definitely getting an expansion or sequel.

ROTFL

Well, I guess that would be a price I would pay, too.

Dont think it works like that - but yeah.

From what I've heard, an expansion isnt happening, but a sequel at some point is a possibility.

Mind, BG3 was six years in the making, according to the OP. So that means if Larian Studios would decide to make BG4 now, it would go early access in 2026 and released in 2029. In short, dont hold your breath for BG4 too hart.

Originally Posted by Heisdarkness
Can we also discuss how being "Evil" in this game is completely worthless [...]

Well, its the same as in BG1+BG2 then.

Evil runs in BG1+BG2 have been a possibility, after all there have been plenty evil companions to imply it should be a valid playstyle.

But in practice its a really painful thing to do.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Halycon Styxland
I know its not according to the original D&D rules, but would it be possible that Bards can inspire themselves, too ? Bards are set up to be the ideal social interactors now, and everybody else can get Bardic Inspirations in dialogue from them, but for some reason you actually need a second Bard in group - for nothing but to ever get Bardic Inspirations on the first Bard !

I'd recommend starting a thread in our Build Discussion subforum (that we're also using for class implementation feedback) if you have specific suggestions about how Bard should work. We don't have a bard class feedback thread yet, but if someone creates one to get us going then I can sticky it for people to add to.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
Larian must really think that we are dumb. The amount of lies, condescending language and patronizing tone in this community post is off the charts...
Calm, there is no need for this. Some things do look off, and it's entirely possible they can't tell us everything. But we can't assume they are lying because really we don't know what happened behind closed doors during the development. And ultimately, more than anything else, they delivered an amazing game and they are committed to fixing the shortcomings to the best of their ability. There is no need to attack Larian like this. Swen just said in an interview with PC Gamer that a bug was preventing about 1500 lines of dialogue and reactivity to not play and they may do more with Minthara in the future. And he also said on twitter they are bringing back a lot of the actors to record more stuff for the game...this will likely be stuff that will be added to the game later. Any other major AAA developer or major publisher would do next to nothing for a game past release...some minor bug fixes if you're lucky but a lot wouldn't even do that. So let's be thankful for and appreciative for the dedication and effort they are putting into getting this game just right even after launch.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 30/08/23 02:28 PM.
H
stranger
stranger
H
I am Sorry Darth_Trethon, we should never be appreciative for spending our hard earned money on an unfinished product. Imagine buying any other product on the planet and it not working or not being finished, you would not be very happy nor should you be happy with this. What's in the game currently may be good however, it is not finished not even close. You got and paid for an unfinished product with the HOPES of it one day being finished. WHY can we not get a finished product on release it is sad that we accept this in the modern day.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Originally Posted by Beechams
Originally Posted by Imora DalSyn
Starting to think some of yall are spoiled or something.
Or perhaps some of us have higher standards than others.
No he is right, people saying this is a broken game are just whiners. I have done 2 full playthroughs there is not a single game breaking bug I have encountered. If you think this game is broken you have cleary never played a broken game.see ac unity for a truly broken game.

Last edited by Mouthbreathereli; 30/08/23 02:47 PM.
veteran
veteran
I am Sorry Darth_Trethon, we should never be appreciative for spending our hard earned money on an unfinished product. Imagine buying any other product on the planet and it not working or not being finished, you would not be very happy nor should you be happy with this. What's in the game currently may be good however, it is not finished not even close. You got and paid for an unfinished product with the HOPES of it one day being finished. WHY can we not get a finished product on release it is sad that we accept this in the modern day.
In its current state the game still delivers vastly more content and vastly more playtime than 99.99% of the "finished" AAA games out there and far more choice and consequence than all of them. I am extremely happy with the value I got for the money. The fact they are adding more isn't a bad thing in the least. The fact they are listening, responding, and putting the time, money, and effort into adding all that is a great thing, not a negative.

B
old hand
old hand
B
javascript:quickReply(889015,1,0)
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
And he also said on twitter they are bringing back a lot of the actors to record more stuff for the game...this will likely be stuff that will be added to the game later.

That is pure fantasy and wishful thinking on your part.
What the tweet said was "Thinking of all the actors we’re going to call back to the studio" nothing more, nothing less.

"Swen just said in an interview with PC Gamer that a bug was preventing about 1500 lines of dialogue and reactivity to not play and they may do more with Minthara in the future."
What is actually said is here:
https://www.ign.com/articles/baldurs-gate-3-patch-2-minthara

"The game is super reactive and there were a couple of bugs that caused some of the companions to not react as they should. And so that felt like the content was not showing up. So you weren't seeing it specifically with Minthara," Vincke explained. "So [lead writer Adam Smith] told me there's about 1500 lines of Minthara that weren't showing up as a result of a very, very stupid bug that we now isolated. So we're solving it."

He goes on to add:

"It doesn't help that some of her lines are not triggering. So that doesn't do her justice. But she never had a real actual quest — an origin quest... what you have for some of the others inside of act 3.. So people that were looking for that, it's just not there."

Then you get a slice of Larian pie-in-the-sky about fixing the current problem and maybe putting in some extra content.

"Any other major AAA developer or major publisher would do next to nothing for a game past release...some minor bug fixes if you're lucky but a lot wouldn't even do that."
That is totally untrue but even if it were true it would not alter the fact that Larian released a game with over one thousand bugs (so far at least).

Last edited by Beechams; 30/08/23 03:01 PM.
H
stranger
stranger
H
In its current state the game still delivers vastly more content and vastly more playtime than 99.99% of the "finished" AAA games out there and far more choice and consequence than all of them. I am extremely happy with the value I got for the money. The fact they are adding more isn't a bad thing in the least. The fact they are listening, responding, and putting the time, money, and effort into adding all that is a great thing, not a negative.

So when you buy a computer, refrigerator, house, car etc you are okay with them being unfinished as long as they are more finished then the last garbage you bought? We have two entirely different standards then.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Mouthbreathereli
Originally Posted by Imora DalSyn
Starting to think some of yall are spoiled or something.
Or perhaps some of us have higher standards than others.
No he is right, people saying this is a broken game are just whiners. I have done 2 full playthroughs there is not a single game breaking bug I have encountered. If you think this game is broken you have cleary never played a broken game.see ac unity for a truly broken game.

Nowhere have I said the game is broken but there are plenty of people just on the forum who have had their game broken. Your "I'm alright, Jack" proves nothing. Even Hotfix #4 broke some players' games. As for some other game being a yardstick for what constitutes 'broken' - that is not any sort of argument. If I break my left leg in one place and my right leg in three places, my left leg is still broken.

veteran
veteran
So when you buy a computer, refrigerator, house, car etc you are okay with them being unfinished as long as they are more finished then the last garbage you bought? We have two entirely different standards then.
Honestly that's a terrible way to look at it. When no other developer has ever done better yet you are still mad it means that you are upset over an expectation nobody can deliver. If you think that's not enough value for those money you can spend it on other far lesser games but you won't find better value anywhere else. No other RPG has ever delivered better and none will for many years to come if ever. And you should never be rude to developers who deliver this much both on day one or after launch.

snip
He said he is thinking about the actors they ARE going to call back to the studio...meaning is IS happening. And they're not calling them back just to chill. If actors are being called back it is to record stuff. And THAT is amazing, because that is stuff that will be put in the game.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Honestly that's a terrible way to look at it. When no other developer has ever done better yet you are still mad it means that you are upset over an expectation nobody can deliver. If you think that's not enough value for those money you can spend it on other far lesser games but you won't find better value anywhere else. No other RPG has ever delivered better and none will for many years to come if ever. And you should never be rude to developers who deliver this much both on day one or after launch.

snip
He said he is thinking about the actors they ARE going to call back to the studio...meaning is IS happening. And they're not calling them back just to chill. If actors are being called back it is to record stuff. And THAT is amazing, because that is stuff that will be put in the game.
False. We should not and I will not settle for an unfinished product. Also they did in fact lie about the upper city. Check Community post 19 and you will see for yourself they did in fact lie. Maybe you get a very good feeling when people lie to you if so keep doing you, but I do not.

S
stranger
stranger
S
It's Absoloutely wonderful to hear that Karlach will finally get an ending that she deserves and Minthara will be more interactable.

But I really am not pleased with the response about cut content. You're saying that 'It's just important to know that what was ultimately shipped was planned long ago'. How is that possibly true? You said the upper city was explorable in community update #19 and two weeks before the launch of the game and constantly praised the huge number of endings available up to release. The cut was clearly sudden and not planned with Karlach's story being gutted as a result of losing the upper city (And perhaps Avernus?) as the worst example though other examples seem to exist such as Cazador and many many lines of dialogue no longer working due to them leading to upper city content.

I would hope that the missing epilogue cutscenes and ending options that were promised aren't missing because of this cut to the upper city too, that would make it even more painful.

The game is absoloutely fantastic and I've thoroughly adored my time with it, but that's exactly why it's so saddening that Act 3 is showing clear signs of damage from this decision and that Larian is seemingly not willing to admit that the content was cut only a few weeks before release. And if you were to believe that, would that not mean it was always planned to be taken away while having it advertised as being there? (17,000 endings / upper city)

It's a decent start, I'm very impressed with the speed of patches coming out. However, to me it feels like Larian made a great business decision (releasing the game to avoid competition) which was absoloutely the right choice, just look at the sales. But now they're refusing to properly comment on the rapid cut of a huge chunk of the game only a couple or more weeks before release and instead plaster over the gaping holes with small patches. I understand the decision, I don't understand the response at all; It's dissapointing to say the least, especially since I *know* Larian are capable of doing it, hell I'd even pay money for it if I had to, though I don't feel like I should have to.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Can we also discuss how being "Evil" in this game is completely worthless and has no rewards as oppose to being good? Doing all the evil decisions has no upside with all of the downsides... It should have been somewhat balanced... You lose five party members if going completely evil, that is a lot and also a lot of quests/rewards you are missing out on. These characters should have been replaced with either more powerups/ more rewards OR evil party members to replace them. Very overwhelming and I feel like I am being punished for playing the game in a different way...

Absoloutely. It feels like there was meant to be a lot more going on with the evil playthrough / the absoloute in terms of the cults and such but it has been very much taken away at some point in development. The evil playthrough is certainly nowhere near as rewarding and just ends up leading to the same outcome for major plot points down the line anyway. A playstyle that's offered to you should not remove that much content without offering things in return outside of a different cutscene.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P

How many times customers bought a car and then they were recalled for an update? Many times, and we are talking about CORPORATE with billions of net income. So, be patient with Larian.

TOYOTA
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/toyota-recall-tundra-fire-risk/

TESLA
https://edition.cnn.com/2023/05/12/economy/china-tesla-recall-intl-hnk/index.html

VW
https://www.reuters.com/business/au...n-100000-cars-fire-risk-bild-2022-03-31/

STELLANTIS
https://www.reuters.com/business/au...herokee-suvs-over-fire-risks-2023-05-16/

Last edited by Palatinus; 30/08/23 05:58 PM.
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard