Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Dotsat Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
No one will regret nothing if things are done properly.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
We already have the romance option in game (thankfully) so improving it would be great! He and Omeelum are different compared to other mindflayers. It doesn't matter that he might be manipulative or even if people think he is evil, why would that be an issue? Some people would romance other (evil or not) NPCs so why not him? I would also love a romance with Omeelum (I mean, there is no confirmation he is with Blurg together right?)

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Dotsat
No one will regret nothing if things are done properly.
Yes they will. Because the way the Guardian is implemented in the game and that character's identity and nature are done, fixed, and will not change. There's not going to be DLC that will change who/what the guardian is. There is no viable or worthwhile romance there at all. If you haven't finished the game forget about the guardian entirely and find someone else to romance because you're wasting your time.

Dotsat Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I've finished the game multiple times, I know what I'm talking about. Let's stop arguing here, the replies in this thread are suppsoed to be suggesting ways to improve the already existing romance, not debating on whether or not it is viable or worthwhile.

stranger
stranger
I honestly would love to know more about his immediate end-game motives beyond survival. A more complex and expanded-upon-end romance might help. Perhaps it exists, and some of us have not yet shared it?

Either way, it has a fascinating character and story. Hope to see more and info as to why he is involved with the Knights Of The Shield.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Gas Station Hot
I honestly would love to know more about his immediate end-game motives beyond survival. A more complex and expanded-upon-end romance might help. Perhaps it exists, and some of us have not yet shared it?

Either way, it has a fascinating character and story. Hope to see more and info as to why he is involved with the Knights Of The Shield.

Same here! I would love to know more and have romance options with him.

stranger
stranger

My2 cents.
Romance as humanoid was weird, but kool.
Didn't like having whole party see the morning after. LMAO
Prob ok if as previously mentioned by OP we got some more specific reaction pos or neg from companions particularly the one we are involved with.
Can't rem details.
I reloaded a save and skipped it.
Smoked his ass in 1st turn on top of Brain. Would have sided with Ansur the Brass dragon to if I could have.

Thanks,
Hawkmoon lvl 12 Druid, Circle of the Moon
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
I'd like an expanded Emperor romance. I know we have other romance options, but his/its personality is unique in the game; calm, logical, enigmatic, full of gravitas.

The narrator also tells us that he gives us the best sex we've ever had. So I'm sold.

It's clear that even beyond the Emperor having practical reasons to show us his more human side, it's fairly apparent he genuinely has retained a lot of his humanity (his attemps to be moral, his heartfelt plea in the Ansur letter, the narrator telling you during the romance scene that he feels the same way about you/your experience etc), so having something that explores that side of him would have been fascinating.

I think the way the game ends gives us a perfect opportunity to continue on life-changing quests with the Emperor, especially if you turn full illithid. After all, you are now two rogue illithids who want to preserve your independence, and avoid elder brain influence.

I assume it's too late for the main game since they've probably written the revised epilogues, but maybe in a DLC?

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
Just here to show support for implementing this <3

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Cawyden
We already have the romance option in game (thankfully) so improving it would be great! He and Omeelum are different compared to other mindflayers. It doesn't matter that he might be manipulative or even if people think he is evil, why would that be an issue? Some people would romance other (evil or not) NPCs so why not him? I would also love a romance with Omeelum (I mean, there is no confirmation he is with Blurg together right?)
I just see Omeelum and Blurg are just Co-Workers/Friends, maybe Blurg joined the Society to get better income for his wife and kids, while Omeelum has that grindset and is married to the job kind of thing.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C

Other suggestions:
[spoiler]1. Allow us to persuade the Emperor to side with Orpheus (high approval or romanced). Have him be right all along, beat Orpheus when he lashes out and let the Emperor/Tav/Karlach consume his brain (alternatively betray the Emperor and side with Orpheus instead).
2. Allow us to communicate and bond with the Emperor when using the artefact.
3. Reveal the truth behind the Emperor's mind control of Stelmane.
4. If romanced, add a cutscene after the ending sequence. Every romance interest has one, he should too.
5. If romanced, have the Emperor come up with a name for himself. Let everyone else refer to him as the Emperor/mind flayer/illithid/whatever they want. Tav is not voiced, so using a new name in their dialogue lines should not be a problem.
6. Have party members react to the intimate scene.
7. Make it an exclusive relationship.

I like those - as romance options having him being able to do the Dryade love test would be great too, but his romance normally comes later then the Circus in Rivington.

Also some clarification if it was really him to tadpole us (mind controlled or already freed) because it is not 100% sure but it is very likely that it was him - but we never get any dialog about that with him.

Regarding your ending choices - I think it would be enough if he would just accept Tav as non mind flayer. I can see that people are attached to the guardian form, I like it too but to be honest - as you said before, it is about accepting him as mind flayer. His romance scene is also so much better if he keeps his form, especially since in the guardian version Tav looks with horror at him when he changes back to his true form.

I think he would still maybe change from time to time to the guardian form (as you said, he isn't really attached to his former mortal form as Balduran) to guardian form to be able to kiss or in other cases where it is of some kind of "use" to him. But it isn't his true form.

But I wouldn't mind if we get those options, I am always for more player options and especially for more Emperor content.

I would also have loved a dream scene with him after Ansurs dead to speak with him more about it, if he still loves the sea and would love to go sailing again one day, how Ansur was even able to get him away from the domination of the elder brain, why Ansur didn't leave with him on his last adventure (he left him behind to go on adventure what Ansur loved too and left him behind to guard the city?....)

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by Sai the Elf
I just see Omeelum and Blurg are just Co-Workers/Friends, maybe Blurg joined the Society to get better income for his wife and kids, while Omeelum has that grindset and is married to the job kind of thing.

I think someone in this post mentioned they were together but I haven't found any indication for that in game and not by googling either. But they aren't Larians own characters, they existed before from what I understand, so maybe someone can give some insight if they were supposed to be a couple or not.

Anyway, I just mean we see with Omeluum and the Emperor renegade mind flayers and they are awesome (in my opinion) and I am very glad we got the Emperor as romance option because I would have asked for that too.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S

I think someone in this post mentioned they were together but I haven't found any indication for that in game and not by googling either. But they aren't Larians own characters, they existed before from what I understand, so maybe someone can give some insight if they were supposed to be a couple or not.

Anyway, I just mean we see with Omeluum and the Emperor renegade mind flayers and they are awesome (in my opinion) and I am very glad we got the Emperor as romance option because I would have asked for that too.
No evidence that they're a couple that I could find, but Larian did change Blurg from an Orog (Underdark Orc) into a Hobgoblin.

Dotsat Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Also some clarification if it was really him to tadpole us (mind controlled or already freed) because it is not 100% sure but it is very likely that it was him - but we never get any dialog about that with him.
As far as I know, he's not the one who tadpoled us. The illithid responsible for that deed lies dead in the middle of the goblin camp in Act 1 and can even be talked to... except I heard that the devs may have altered that conversiation in one of their latest patches, so take this info with a grain of salt.

Last edited by Dotsat; 03/10/23 04:52 PM.
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I mean the whole cat fishing angle just doesn't work, it's like this guardian person is hot and then the reveal and it's like where's the hot Istik, because all I see is a Filthy Ghaik!

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
As far as I know, he's not the one who tadpoled us. The illithid responsible for that deed lies dead in the middle of the goblin camp in Act 1 and can even be talked to... except I heard that the devs may have altered that conversiation in one of their latest patches, so take this info with a grain of salt.

Yes I am aware, the problem is that this same mind flayer gives two different Narrator responses (one time confirming it is the one who tadpoled us, one time saying it is a different one) depending on a condition (I think if the goblin leader is alive or not). To be honest, I don't even mind, I think the Emperor was the one tadpoling us and I have no issue with it. I just would like to get some inconsistencies cleared up.

I have further additions for the suggesion list:

- If you take the tadpoles later (normal and astral ones) I would still love to get some feedback / response from him. Him saying "You are exquisite" when you take the astral tadpole right when he offers it could still be played later when you first keep it and then decide to take it.

- When Duke Ravenguard is alive you can tell him after the Ansur fight that Balduran is still alive - as the Emperor inside the Astral Prism. I would like the option to tell the Duke that he is wrong - the Emperor is not a horror but a hero and people should know this. Right now Tav remains silent.

- I also wish we could get a better mind flayer model in the end. Why look every newborn mind flayer better than us? If we are still growing ok, but other new born mind flayers have these long beautiful (judge me) tentacles and we only these short ones....

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
I mean the whole cat fishing angle just doesn't work, it's like this guardian person is hot and then the reveal and it's like where's the hot Istik, because all I see is a Filthy Ghaik!

Hmh, I would expect Githyanki to stay away from this thread smile

Last edited by Cawyden; 03/10/23 06:02 PM.
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I have further additions for the suggesion list:

- If you take the tadpoles later (normal and astral ones) I would still love to get some feedback / response from him. Him saying "You are exquisite" when you take the astral tadpole right when he offers it could still be played later when you first keep it and then decide to take it.

- When Duke Ravenguard is alive you can tell him after the Ansur fight that Balduran is still alive - as the Emperor inside the Astral Prism. I would like the option to tell the Duke that he is wrong - the Emperor is not a horror but a hero and people should know this. Right now Tav remains silent.

- I also wish we could get a better mind flayer model in the end. Why look every newborn mind flayer better than us? If we are still growing ok, but other new born mind flayers have these long beautiful (judge me) tentacles and we only these short ones....
I agree, the other Mindflayer models are much cooler looking, the elongated head and cool glowing eyes, while yes I know Mindflayers are genderless however it seems like we get this more feminine looking one as our form, like a smaller and more slender body, we also get shorter tentacles and a smaller head, plus the pure black eyes are also really lame

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard