stranger
D
And there it is... Mac version drops on Sept 21

https://twitter.com/larianstudios/status/1702023251478667279

S
stranger
stranger
S
Shall we finally be able to use FSR2 and not the super obsolete FSR1 with patch 3? Thanks

Last edited by savior; 14/09/23 08:10 AM.
F
F
To be honest, except for super ugly visuals, I cannot see any performance improvement with FSR. The problem is not even FPS, it's huge FPS drops, i.e. the stability of performance. I am not sure FSR2 would fix it, at most it just won't look so ugly.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
I'm hoping beyond hope that this next patch actually makes couch co-op work like it did in their Divinity games, but I have a bad feeling it won't.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Having played BG1/2 when I was a wee lad, I was excited when BG3 came out. After playing through it several times, I gotta say that while acts 1 and 2 were pretty good - act 3's flaws made the rest of the game feel inadequate. Major Spoilers coming in.

My major complaints:

- Emperor ending is just bad writing. It makes 0 sense thematically that he would just "ope, guess I'm team mind-flayer now too, cause reasons".

- The fact that there is no alternative to the mindflayer plotline. You spend an entire 100 hours fighting against them, only to be shoehorned into "you're either with us, or Orpheus is."

- Karlach ending being what it was on launch. Like come on. That's a major plot hole. We spend all of this time fixing her engine, only for you guys to let it blow up with no alternative? I know you've fixed it now, but seriously, make that make sense to release that, like that.

- Companion endings are super lack-luster. You have spent all of this time with these people, saving the world, battling evil and half of them are just like "Welp. Later dude!" and just dip.

- Minthara as a companion genuinely feels like you guys are messing with me. To get her as a companion, you have to lock yourself out of so much content that it's not even funny. If you go an evil run, by the time you get to her, she's no longer evil. Like what is the point of that? She goes from a super Dom to a Beta Cuck almost immediately.

- There is no evil path in this game, only evil flavored water.

- Act 3 performance is atrocious.

- Gortash is a limp noodle of a villian, and could honestly be removed from the game entirely and it wouldn't really make a difference. He's supposed to be this young suave charismatic villian, but instead we got Steven Seagal. Someone who thinks super highly of themself but at the end of the day, is kind of just bad at what they do. Plus dude looks like he's pushing 45 with his Final Fantasy XIV outfit. Legit looks like you guys ripped graphics from XIV. Also, it's hilarious that his entire plotline happens inside of a single room of a prison. Like the watchers are all around the city, but with the exception of two encounters, you can pretty much ignore them entirely and it does not affect the plot whatsoever.

- The game just ends. You've spend 100 hours doing something amazing and saving the world, and the best we get is a 30 second clip of Withers trash talking the 3 dead gods.

- It truly feels like none of my choices in the game matter, because at the end of the day - I get the same ending choices no matter what I do. The only flavor I really have is who is with me, and who I have or have not killed along the way. That's it. I've played cheap AVN games that have more diversity and plot response to player choices than BG3, and they have no budget by comparison, nor were they in EA for as long as BG3.

- The inventory system is straight trash. Idk why you guys keep using it. Having played BG3 & now am playing DOS2, you guys got to move into the 21st century when it comes to your Inventory management. Half the game should not be based around how to manage your growing inventory. Because honestly, half of the stuff that you can craft is pretty pointless and just allows you to save space by crafting it.

And it's honestly disappointing that you guys knew you could get away with shipping a half-baked product because you would have additional time to patch it. It makes the fact that you released the game 4 weeks early to beat Starfield all the more obvious and gross. Praise should be given to you for the good work you did in Acts 1 and Acts 2 (mostly), but I think GOTY can wait until you finish the game. Properly.

Last edited by Neekio; 15/09/23 01:43 AM.
H
stranger
stranger
H
Hello!
As I’m sure most of you have played this game several times now, I am still anxiously awaiting its release on Xbox. I cannot seem to find any information about the current status or an actual release date, so I figured I would ask here.
What is the status of BG3’s release on Xbox?

Thanks for your time!
Now if you’ll excuse me, *cries in Xbox*

M
stranger
stranger
M
I just wanna hear some news about the FSR update........ bit overdue? Any kind of news would be great. cheers

Originally Posted by Hamaia
Hello!
As I’m sure most of you have played this game several times now, I am still anxiously awaiting its release on Xbox. I cannot seem to find any information about the current status or an actual release date, so I figured I would ask here.

Thanks for your time!
PC MASTERRACE.

STILL WAITING FOR NEW COMPANION AND CUSTOM PARTY WITHOUT MULTIPLAYER.
BECAUSE WHY FUCKING NOT???
veteran
veteran
they have not got it working yet but they also have not given up

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
stranger
stranger
Hello!

Thanks for your time!
Of what I got from all the interviews with Vincke since microsoft noticed how huge success the game was, they stopped being stubborn jacks about parity between X and S and xb version will be released without split -screen on S, somewhere in 2023 hopefully before end of november (as Vincke said between september and november). That would be pretty awesome IF we ever get any info, but I suppose there are some silent fights between MS and Larian and I afraid that we will lose by having no release at all because this silence for a month now (last interview was before PS5 launch) is very ominous. I am also Xbox user, and if I get any lessons from this is to stop believing ms in anything that try to say "we care for our users", they never did and it does not changed.

M
stranger
stranger
M
This silence from Larian this past month+ is bull plop.

Complete lack of transparency with expected fixes/updates... example; FSR update...

Larian has dropped the ball here.

Last edited by Motojunkie86; 16/10/23 09:58 AM.
I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by Motojunkie86

Complete lack of transparency with expected fixes/updates... example; FSR update...

Larians communication has never been good or even truthful.
Explore the Upper City, tadpole consequences, we fixed Minthara,....

I have no idea why people think or expect them to have good communications when they used this bad of corporate marketing speech.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Motojunkie86

I'd expect they are crunching hard for the XBOX release to get it out this month.

Bard of Suzail
Bard of Suzail
I appreciate they are working hard, but since the company tends to be "radio silent" on the various conversations among the community, at least a once a month community update is not an unreasonable request of Larian. We are now closing on 2 months since this post was made, perhaps they should let one person have 15 minutes or so to let the community know what is going on. I am sure they have a Community Management staff that is not a tied up in game creation and could spare someone to make a post.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by Zentu
I appreciate they are working hard, but since the company tends to be "radio silent" on the various conversations among the community, at least a once a month community update is not an unreasonable request of Larian. We are now closing on 2 months since this post was made, perhaps they should let one person have 15 minutes or so to let the community know what is going on. I am sure they have a Community Management staff that is not a tied up in game creation and could spare someone to make a post.

Even a moderator is calling them out on their poor communication skills.

Wake me when Patch #4 gets here and their big addition is nothing more than being able to take photos of your party.

addict
addict
Larian never communicates on the forums outside of the occasional corporate speak or the rare community updates. On the VERY rare occasion, you will be asked for additional details when you post in the bugs forum…

O
stranger
stranger
O
Originally Posted by euph
Patch 4 is likely to be more color changes no one asked for (not everyone likes to look like a clown, Larian), more armor design changes no one asked for, photo mode so people can post even more sexualized screenshots of their tattooed evil edgelords almost naked, another "we fixed 1000 bugs" and "introduced even more game breaking bugs without fixing the previous ones".

Instead of "hotfixes" with cat hairs and bad jokes, FIX the bugs. Instead of total silence until some fix/patch is out, give us an update. In fact, FIX the game instead of having the modders doing it. Instead of listening to loud minorities screaming about "cat hairs", listen to the majority talking about bugs and improvements to the game.

Do I sound annoyed? That's because I am.

I gave up trying to play the game on anything other than Patch 2, Hotfix 5 due to all the bugs that P3 brought and Larian didn't fix. I just finished my playthrough, and BG3 is now shelved until the Definitive Edition is out. Even then, unless a lot is changed/fixed, I don't think I'll play again.

In general, I liked BG3 as a random RPG. I say random, because this game doesn't have any identity.
I still replay the OG Baldur's Gate games (not those weird revamps), I still replay D:OS 2... but I don't see myself replaying BG3 years from now unless the game changes a lot.

I get it you have issues. A lot of us don't. Sure there are bugs but no more than other games out there. It is hardly exclusive to BG3. You go on like its an exclusive thing Also just because you don't like the way people play their games. Does not give you the right to judge people for how they play. If its fun for me to run around naked in camp I will do it. I finished it 5 times now and none of these major bugs popped up for me. Only a few small glitches here and there. I won't be surprised if these complaints are mostly from people with broken modded games. Im excluding console versions here. As they are a different issue.

Originally Posted by Osculim
Patch 4 is likely to be more color changes no one asked for (not everyone likes to look like a clown, Larian), more armor design changes no one asked for, photo mode so people can post even more sexualized screenshots of their tattooed evil edgelords almost naked, another "we fixed 1000 bugs" and "introduced even more game breaking bugs without fixing the previous ones".

Instead of "hotfixes" with cat hairs and bad jokes, FIX the bugs. Instead of total silence until some fix/patch is out, give us an update. In fact, FIX the game instead of having the modders doing it. Instead of listening to loud minorities screaming about "cat hairs", listen to the majority talking about bugs and improvements to the game.

I gave up trying to play the game on anything other than Patch 2, Hotfix 5 due to all the bugs that P3 brought and Larian didn't fix. I just finished my playthrough, and BG3 is now shelved until the Definitive Edition is out. Even then, unless a lot is changed/fixed, I don't think I'll play again.

In general, I liked BG3 as a random RPG. I say random, because this game doesn't have any identity.
I still replay the OG Baldur's Gate games (not those weird revamps), I still replay D:OS 2... but I don't see myself replaying BG3 years from now unless the game changes a lot.

I get it you have issues. A lot of us don't. Sure there are bugs but no more than other games out there. It is hardly exclusive to BG3. You go on like its an exclusive thing Also just because you don't like the way people play their games. Does not give you the right to judge people for how they play. If its fun for me to run around naked in camp I will do it. I finished it 5 times now and none of these major bugs popped up for me. Only a few small glitches here and there. I won't be surprised if these complaints are mostly from people with broken modded games. Im excluding console versions here. As they are a different issue.

This is how I feel as well. I wish people would stop expecting games to cater specifically to them. BG3 is a great game that could use a few fixes here and there but certainly can't fix everything without time and patience.

#JusticeForAstarion
I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by vx_phoenix_vx
Originally Posted by Osculim

This is how I feel as well. I wish people would stop expecting games to cater specifically to them. BG3 is a great game that could use a few fixes here and there but certainly can't fix everything without time and patience.

So why do you expect it to cater to you? Its completely fair that players complain that limited resources are allocated to vanity projects which have nothing to do with rpg games instead of bugfixing (and there are enough texture bugs to keep artists occupied for a while).

As for communication, no matter what you think of their business model, at least Paradox knows how to communicate with their customers. Thats what Larian should try to do.

Last edited by Ixal; 19/10/23 08:13 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Any news about the next patch? It's been a month since last update.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard