Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by ignite
I have had a STAGGERING amount of crashes since Patch 2. I am playing on PC. I've crashed after using the portal to go to the surface after defeating Act 2's boss. I've crashed multiple times just trying to quick save. Like, pressing F5 crashes the game. I've crashed probably five times since Patch 2 and almost none before it.

Also: these crashes are spectacularly more annoying due to the fact that quick saving is supposed to be one of the ways to safeguard against crashes. When it crashes because you're saving, it's super frustrating. And the cherry on top is that when I go back into the game, it resets all of my settings and I have to go through first time set up again, such as checking the nudity box, and the brightness, and it resets all of the tutorials. Even when I then turn off tutorials, I still get them.
Originally Posted by hpe
Good morning,
After several crashes and several tries, I identified that my game crashes when I save after going out and returning to the shadow-cursed lands.
For the moment I can continue exploring act 2 but I can't go back to act 1 and come back without the game crashing.
(sorry for my English: google translate)

i can also confirm this. Returning to shadowlands after exploring the creche, the game will crash anytime i save or quicksave in the shadowlands

R
stranger
stranger
R
Add me to the list of folks that are now experiencing significant crashing after patch 2. Before the patch, maybe had 3 crashes in 40+ hrs of play. Was in Underdark when patch 2 hit, now its a veritable crash fest. Can't go maore than 30 minutes without a ctd. Doesn't matter what I am doing, can be in combat, in camp, looking at inventory or just exploring. Just....boom ctd with a worthless crash report. Probably have sent 40 reports since the patch was pushed. I've verified game files, uninstalled the game, uninstalled the Larian foider where save game are stored locally. Nothing changes, still crashes - ALOT.

E
stranger
stranger
E
I play on PC, and had not a single crash in early access nor during the full release. I was in Act 3, and likely a handful of quests away from completing the game (and I try to get EVERYTHING done), then Patch 2 happened. I've been unable to load any of my Act 3 saves... they hang at 60% and I'm forced to kill the game via Task Manager... I've been able to start a new game and load some of my alternate playthrough saves (all of which are at the beginning of Act I), but my main playthrough is currently frozen until this issue is fixed...

Last edited by ElSanto; 04/09/23 08:29 PM. Reason: punctuation
D
stranger
stranger
D
Wow, and my only crash problem is trying to level up my characters. Been since after the patch but i see that it caused more problems than i figured.
I do play with mods though.
Have reverified all my files, and was going to try to reinstall from a backup before patch 1 but it seems it isn't the case.

I
stranger
stranger
I
+1 to the saving-in-shadowlands problems after the creche, any news on this or just resign myself to wait for a patch?

stranger
stranger
I would seriously love to love this game since I've been playing it since early access in October of 2020, but, since the full release on August 3rd of 2023, I have not been able to get this extreme POS working on my extreme system! I have got an Intel i7 8700k with 32 gigs of RAM and RTX 3080ti with over 3 TB SSD; however, this game is doing nothing but crashing on my system! Everything has been updated, my video card and my game supposedly, yet for a while there, every time I hit repair and verify files, I got weird messages stating it needed to install a 3 GB patch and the install would fail or I would need to install 109 GB patch, and it would fail I even did a soft wipe of my system, but to no avail this game is still constantly crashing I have done everything that people suggest, and this POS is not running smoothly at all! I even tried getting a refund so I could see if Steam installs it better but unfortunately they have not given me an answer. This is getting absolutely extremely pathetic I paid $100 for this f****** game and it's unplayable in this state. WTF!?

P
stranger
stranger
P
So I was having the Act 2 issue where I couldn't save or well do anything. It affected every save, so it wasn't a corrupted save as I first thought. One thing I did to "fix" the issue was to close out of steam completely, not have it running at all, and then launch it directly from the exe. I ran almost a full half hour without a crash, then I ran out of memory with the error below. Maybe I just need to bump up my PC to 1 TB of RAM.

Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: explorer.exe (7612) consumed 14535200768 bytes, bg3_dx11.exe (8640) consumed 12646260736 bytes, and firefox.exe (3024) consumed 693784576 bytes.

-Prep

S
stranger
stranger
S
I am currently in Act3 and my game crashes every 10-20 minutes now - no matter if I choose DX11 or Vulkan. It happens in all kind of situaitions. Mid-Dialogue, while sorting inventroy, or just while waling around. The game screen turns black for a second and then crashes to desktop. Only in 1 out 4 times I am able to send a crash report. Nearly everytime after a crash I need to setup the game setting again :(
Sometimes I get an extra window telling me about a DX or Vulkan Crash - but not every time.

Up to patch 2 I haven't had a single crash !

I have already verified the game files several times now as suggested by the crash Report but didn't help.

Last edited by ShoManji; 05/09/23 09:34 AM.
B
old hand
old hand
B
If your game started crashing after Patch 2 then remove Patch 2 and see if it helps.

Try running the game directly from either the bg3.exe (Vulkan) or the bg3_dx11.exe (DX11). Run them as Administrator

If you are running mods make sure your mods are updated for Patch 2. If you are trying to trouble-shoot a game with mods then the first thing to do is take the mods out of the equation.

Don't have other programs running when you are playing the game.

Never install a game to C:\Program Files.

Try starting a new game to see if that helps.

Send a report to Larian.

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Larian can we have a hotfix plz?!

game is totally unplayable since 31st august!

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by Dracar
Wow, and my only crash problem is trying to level up my characters. Been since after the patch but i see that it caused more problems than i figured.
I do play with mods though.
Have reverified all my files, and was going to try to reinstall from a backup before patch 1 but it seems it isn't the case.

Hi. Been having the same issue at the level up screen for only some characters. Wondering if you have noticed a pattern? All of the characters crashing for me have these things in common:

1) Are hirelings
2) Are multi class
3) Have rogue as one of their two classes

O
stranger
stranger
O
I haven't been able to play since patch 2. The game loads to 100% and then crashes right before the main menu.

So far I've tried:

-Verifying the game installation.

-Uninstalling the game.

-Updating/Deleting Display Adapter (Intel(R) Graphics(R) Xe Graphics)

-Deleting cache

-Bypassing steam to run the game

-Playing on Vulkan

-Deleting patch 2 and other hotfixes.

Nothing has worked...

I've noticed from posts from other people with the same problem that the game loads the same way. Loads to 50% and pauses, then 93% and pauses, then 100% and crashes. idk if that means anything

Last edited by owolly; 05/09/23 07:40 PM.
B
stranger
stranger
B
I've got the same problem. Everything started at the end of Act2 - PC just restarts, it can happen in fight, cutscene or when talking with companions.Only once crashed only game, every other time all my PC crash too. I've tried everything but nothing works.At first i thinked that those crashes can happen because of faulty PSU or RAM, but no - everything good with hardware. I stopped to play at the start of Act3, because i dont wan to see how every 5-30 min my PC restarts. What i noticed too - crackling audio and static sound and then almost instantly game crash.
I have no issues with other games. I just replaced RAM and run memorytest - no errors. I was already 70 hours in game when first crash started.

Last edited by BearCub; 05/09/23 07:50 PM.
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Any news if Hotfix #5 fixed anything? Based on the patch notes it looks like a no.

I
stranger
stranger
I
At least in my case, it solved nothing. Same crashes after trying to save specifically in shadow lands.

stranger
stranger
Damn, that must be a nice experience. For me, the game has been unplayable since August 3rd! I was part of the Early Access majority, played that game for 3 years, and I never once experienced a crash. Now they're happening all the time to me, this game is an absolute POS. The only thing I can think of doing is wiping my drive and restarting from scratch, which I'm sorry is an extreme measure in order to play a game that should have been properly optimized and ready for release I honestly think this game probably need another month or year in the oven before it came out.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Hotfix #5 hasn't solved my issue either - my main save in act 2 loads all the way up to 60%, then crashes to desktop. Windows event viewer says the crash is related to ntdll.dll? I've tried running vulkan, dx11, rolling back the hotfixes, reinstalling, etc... nothing seems to work to fix it. I have mods but I'm able to create a new save/game just fine and I haven't changed any mods aside from updating the ones that required an update after the patches.. but I've even rolled back the mods to test along with rolling back the update to no avail. No clue what's going on. Just want my act 2 save back!

Doing a slightly sassier run on my new save in the mean time...

O
stranger
stranger
O
My game was loading to 100% at start up and then crashing immediately before the main menu. I rolled back my graphics driver and now I no longer have this problem. My game is running normal again. Hopefully, this works for someone else too.

A
stranger
stranger
A
This game has been unplayable for the entirety of September. What the hell? Why has Larian not addressed this problem at all? I was having a great time! now I can't get 5 minutes without a crash. Equally as frustrating, it deletes my options so I have to reset EVERYTHING every time I restart. If this is how it is going to be I want a refund.

E
eeg Offline
stranger
stranger
E
Originally Posted by owolly
My game was loading to 100% at start up and then crashing immediately before the main menu. I rolled back my graphics driver and now I no longer have this problem. My game is running normal again. Hopefully, this works for someone else too.

Are you using nvidia? i'm new to all this, experiencing almost the exact same problems as you (managed to load and play only once on hotfix 5 and now it's in the crashing cycle), and i want to make sure i'm not messing up my pc or anything.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard