Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 22 23
Z
addict
addict
Z
I comply agree I played with my wife no companions just the two of us barb + and a ranger on tact. It was a joke not a single encounter we died or needed to reload. I think the most hardest was wen she attacked gortash with all the flaming fist and steel watchers. And even that one was a joke.

And she is generally a bad gamer. I think I beat this game solo w/o any effort. We never used shove hide barrels or dialogs to cheese our way till the end. Ofc we are not finished yet but I don't think anything will beat us at this part of the game.

Z
addict
addict
Z
I tell you the Beast Master is one of the most broken broken broken unbeatable class in the game with the reaven.

[quote=Zenith]The game doesn't need more difficulty tiers. What it needs is a nerf to speed potions/haste, and the amount of extra attacks and gear power creep martial classes get. Remove autocrit from paralyze.

If fighters, rogues, monks, and barbarians weren't attacking 3-5 times for 50+ damage each hit, and paralysis didn't grant massive crit chains while easily applied with venoms, and spells like Hold Person/Otto had less effectiveness on boss units, Tactician would be actually challenging.

The problem is martial class gear is a massive power creep, they get too much benefit off the extra attack from thief multiclass, and speed potions/Haste are BROKEN. Paladin Smite and Half-Orc racial also needs nerfing.

Seriously, go play a Bard without martials in the team or a Beastmaster Ranger or a Spore/Moon druid without martials in the team and get back to me about how easy Tactician is when you can't 1-2 turn boss mobs and elite units.[/quote

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 31/08/23 10:34 AM.
Z
addict
addict
Z
I playing a single class ranger and w/o multi class. My wife is playing barbarian w/o tawern brawler no multi class. There isnt any single enemy that can beat us. Multi class isn't the issue here. I think our enemy need to be higher lvl or something like this also I find that enemys have very low ac and saves.

Z
addict
addict
Z
I think the main problem is that we can have 30 armor class w/o buffs and 15 saving throws with advantage w/o buffs. I can achieve around 40-46 armor class with and every one have disadvantage aganst me with 50% dmg reduction.
I mean what they can do ... I gues nothing at least it feels like that. And again I play single class what is rated as worst class and the 3 least played.

Also on top of this we can use potions. And buffs.
But the enemy ist buffing they don't use potions.

About the enemy..
They have crapy armor class and savesI think the highest I saw was 20. And I am at lvl 12 and the enemy is 12 too.

My idea is to increase the armor class with +4 and +4 to saves also the monster enemys should use they potions and buffs.
I dont really felt that they are using healing or ressurection as well. So ai needs to be improved.

old hand
Online Content
old hand
Me personally, on normal level, I think many of the fights are quite hard. Obviously when you redo a fight it gets easier.

If things are too easy.... You're not obliged to level up if you have the XP. So why not continue to play on lower level ?
My Gale in camp is still lvl4, but if I take him in the party now, he can level up to 8. Nevertheless, I could stop anywhere between 4 and 8.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
It's not that tactician is easy it's that the player is powerful, there are many enemies that if allowed to attack will wipe out 2 players per turn. But a player who knows what they are doing will never let them attack.
To me what the game needs is damage reduction across the board. Fights are too fast, DOS2 had long drawn out and difficult fights that's what I am looking for out of tactician, but that isn't going to happen in the current setup. If they just nerf haste and player abilities like the ridiculous paladin smite damage, then that would just make the game stupid as now you can't hurt the enemy but they can one shot you, i don't think this would be an improvement.

Last edited by Mouthbreathereli; 31/08/23 04:14 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by ZOZO1006
I think the main problem is that we can have 30 armor class w/o buffs and 15 saving throws with advantage w/o buffs. I can achieve around 40-46 armor class with and every one have disadvantage aganst me with 50% dmg reduction.
30 ac "without buffs"? not sure i believe it. at what stage of the game?

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Originally Posted by rumpelstilskin
End game I have got shadow heart to 27, I don't know how to get 30 but I absolutely believe it's possible.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
End game I have got shadow heart to 27, I don't know how to get 30 but I absolutely believe it's possible.

old hand
Online Content
old hand
I would be glad if I could find an armour +2 or something. All I get is stuff like "you get +defence to undead but - to animals and plants" or, "if you do a critical hit you can move 10 feet further the next round". I'm an old school DND-er and it's been many decades since I played it, but at level 8, I'm sure a +2 armor was normal.

My Lae"zel has AC 18 and 68 HP without buffs. She can't wear a shield because of the 2-handed Gith sword. She's a tank but at the end of chapter 2, she gets blown to pieces in the hard fights.

After a lot of suffering to get into moonrise, I'm down in the mindflayer pit, and she gets downed by the undead in 2 or 3 rounds. Too easy you say ? urghhh....
I'm also getting very tired of the enemies ending up with 1 HP at the end of the turn. You can say that it's psychological, you notice this in the heat of battle, but statistically it's correct. I say, it 's not correct. They rig this to give the baddies an extra turn. It happens in every battle, and just now I had laezel surrounded with zombies, 3 of which had 1 HP after the supporting artillery fire from Wyll and my ranger PC. Come on.

Last edited by ldo58; 31/08/23 08:51 PM.
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Originally Posted by ldo58
I would be glad if I could find an armour +2 or something. All I get is stuff like "you get +defence to undead but - to animals and plants" or, "if you do a critical hit you can move 10 feet further the next round". I'm an old school DND-er and it's been many decades since I played it, but at level 8, I'm sure a +2 armor was normal.

My Lae"zel has AC 18 and 68 HP. She can't wear a shield because of the 2-handed Gith sword. She's a tank but at the end of chapter 2, she gets blown to pieces in the hard fights.

After a lot of suffering to get into moonrise, I'm down in the mindflayer pit, and she gets downed by the undead in 2 or 3 rounds. Too easy you say ? urghhh....
I'm also getting very tired of the enemies ending up with 1 HP at the end of the turn. You can say that it's psychological, you notice this in the heat of battle, but statistically it's correct. I say, it 's not correct. They rig this to give the baddies an extra turn. It happens in every battle, and just now I had laezel surrounded with zombies, 3 of which had 1 HP after the supporting artillery fire from Wyll and my ranger PC. Come on.
Zombies revive with 1 hp the first time you kill them, that is an intentional mechanic

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by ldo58
it's not psychological; it's a character feat, "undead fortitude". it heals 1 hp after would-be-dying, unless it was killed by a critical or radiant damage. and yes, it's annoying, but probably less so if you know it's not random.

apprentice
apprentice
Indeed, this is a problem I had feared prior to the game's release (I actually expressed this concern in several feedbacks), and it has unfortunately become a reality. The truth is that the GAP between experienced D&D players, including those familiar with Larian's previous games, and newcomers to the RPG universe is a vast CHASM, much greater than what is manageable across three difficulty levels. Ultimately, the focus has been secured on the lower end of the spectrum, but the same can't be said for the more experienced players.

I've taken to watching BG3 'Let's Play', and I even came across one where the players had little knowledge of D&D, virtually zero experience with BG3, and were using characters that were far from optimized (and by this I don't mean they were avoiding power gaming, but rather basic things like not having a DEX score of 13 or putting 16 points into Charisma for their Druid). Yet, they were managing to play on the Tactician difficulty with a certain level of ease. I admit that these players had a background in strategy games and were quickly learning the intricacies of D&D mechanics and how to utilize the in-game resources. Nonetheless, the difference between them and an experienced player in the genre (even if both are not engaged in extreme optimization) is still quite significant. This alone highlights the absence of a true challenge for those experienced players.

In the end, I completed the game on Tactician difficulty without using the respect option for any companion, without item/XP farming, without pre-combat preparations, and without multiclassing. I probably died what, 3 or 4 times? Anyway, the game is phenomenal, a solid 10/10 and a strong GOTY contender. However, I really wish there was a difficulty level that presented a genuine challenge.

cal1s Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
wow, didnt expect this kinda feedback here. I thought I'm alone in this. So happy to see lots of people agreeing that we need at least another difficulty for experienced players. So hopefully Larian will adress this soon.

Thank y'all.

enthusiast
enthusiast
This shapes up to be the main issue with the game. If people with no knowledge of dnd play a duo with wife, beating encounters left and right, we have a problem.

This is something i absolutely did not expect, divinity games, especially DOS 1, was pretty brutal, at least 2/3 of it. DOS 2 had some amazing tough fights as well.

And fine tuning combat encounters is not an easy task. Best case scenario is that we’ll get difficulty options or reviewed encounters with enhanced edition, if there will even be one.

old hand
Online Content
old hand
Originally Posted by Mouthbreathereli
Zombies revive with 1 hp the first time you kill them, that is an intentional mechanic

it's not psychological; it's a character feat, "undead fortitude". it heals 1 hp after would-be-dying, unless it was killed by a critical or radiant damage. and yes, it's annoying, but probably less so if you know it's not random.

Oops, thanks for pointing this out. I just demolished my own case with this example.
Yet.... I remember the gnoll fight going on quite a while with several gnolls on 1 HP. And the drider completely demolishing shadowheart in several turns while sticking on 1HP.
I can't help thinking the game is not being entirely honest here..... But yea, I still won these fights in the end. It's just a bit irritating.

Edit : and yes, after the exhausting fight with the 1HP undead in the mindlflayer maze under moonrise, my weakened company had to face the soldiers in the barracks. Guess what..... Guiding bolt did 21 HP on the 22 HP enemy. My PC has to be revified. No long rest possible. And we're supposed to face Ketheric Thorm like this ? And people say this is too easy ?

Last edited by ldo58; 01/09/23 01:53 PM.
Z
addict
addict
Z
+1 gloves +1 boots +2 rings + 1 cloak + 1 passive defense style +1 flail +3 shield +20 from armor. And the enemy had always disadvantage with darkness.

There is an armor that gives 21 armor class but that was used by my wife. I tryed to make as much spoiler free as possible.

With buffs +1 warding bond + 2 shield of faith + 2 haste +9 image and if someone manage to hit me but it never happened I had shield reaction. That's total 44 and it's going down by 3 after each unsuccessful hit. But I don't think that mirror image is needed. I got a few hits at act 1-2 but when I arrived at the inn I became immortal.
I think it's not hard and fun if you can hit 99% all the time and after 1/3 of the game Noone can hit you at all. The enemy need to have bigger armor class and saves and they need to use healing and resurrection.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 01/09/23 12:41 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
+1 gloves +1 boots +2 rings + 1 cloak + 1 passive defense style +1 flail +3 shield +20 from armor. And the enemy had always disadvantage with darkness.
that definitely sounds like act 3 then. i've only seen 19 armor and +2 shields in act 2, and no rings. there is, however, a pair of "true love" rings, which might be appropriate in you case, which give +1 ac/all resists buff to one wearer, but also shared damage.
but in general ac stacking can be unbalanced, yes. not sure if it's larian or 5e (don't recall how it was in solasta, but i suspect it's larian), but in other dnd games (e.g pathfinder) ac bonus has "type", and boni of the same type don't stack (except for dodge). so a buttload of +1 items will still net you +1. it was still possible to get super-high ac in pathfinder, but only using some twisted multiclass monk builds and mythic feats, and it still abused some loopholes in owlcat's implementation.
the other thing is that i suspect you are not playing it for the first time, so you know encounters, item locations, etc. in a turn-based game with fixed encounters and loot saying that it's "too easy" during subsequent runs is like saying that a puzzle game is "too easy" on replay.

veteran
veteran
Game is too easy because you can Long Rest whenever. Because of stupidly OP Illithid powers. And because of larianized exploits like Help and potion throwing. And because of OP items like a Helm that revives you every turn if you get downed and makes you unstoppable. Enemies just can't keep PC's down so how could they ever hope to win?

I don't want another difficulty that adds more HP and gives enemies attack bonuses. I want to lose all the OP items and exploits and unlimited resting, and play D&D.

Last edited by 1varangian; 02/09/23 06:16 AM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
I tend to agree so far…

10 out of 10 game, but feels a bit easy. Some of the act 1 stuff such as spider matriarch were tough, but once my characters got cookin, we just slaughter everything….

Page 5 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard