Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Spleen Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I'd really like to see an option that limits your saving capabilities. Not a full iron man mode, but something that stops you from savescumming, like only autosaving at some moments during the story, or not during combat or dialogues.
I know that for some people it is as simple as "just don't do it", but as for others (like me), we are torn between trying to enjoy the game as a story and accepts what happens, and the possibility to get the best outcome.

stranger
stranger
And I would like to just ironman and it is not clear why he is not on the release

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
It is a matter of just don't do it when it comes to savescumming.

I save a lot because I'm worried about crashes. I haven't had too many crashes but I'd rather be safe.

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
It is a matter of just don't do it when it comes to savescumming.

I save a lot because I'm worried about crashes. I haven't had too many crashes but I'd rather be safe.

J
J
The game is designed around save scumming, with very limited saving capabilities you would lock yourself probably out of the majority of quests due to bad luck and some critical 1s in essential dialogue skill checks

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Spleen
I'd really like to see an option that limits your saving capabilities. Not a full iron man mode, but something that stops you from savescumming, like only autosaving at some moments during the story, or not during combat or dialogues.
I know that for some people it is as simple as "just don't do it", but as for others (like me), we are torn between trying to enjoy the game as a story and accepts what happens, and the possibility to get the best outcome.
There is something, it is called self-restraint. Lots of grown-ups have it.

F
addict
addict
F
Game has to be waaay more stable yet for Ironman mode, otherwise we'll see a ton of rage-quit posts every new patch.

I'm trying no reloads on 2nd play through. Not taking same risks this time.

addict
addict
This is one of the few cases where I have to say "just don't it". If you don't enjoy "save scumming", practice self-restraint and don't use it to avoid negative outcomes.

Also, you can limit the number of autosaves and quick saves, which should help you avoiding it.

S
Spleen Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Beechams
There is something, it is called self-restraint. Lots of grown-ups have it.

Lots of grown-ups are also not rude to others.

It is easy for people not knowing what it feels like to feel the urge to almost to min/max to say "just don't do it" and I understand why it seems so trivial to them. I will not write an essay to explain why we are all different and how we enjoy different things. But we just are. And the fact you don't feel something would add to your enjoyment doesn't mean it wouldn't add it for others.

Adding this would not change anything to your way of playing, it would only make it better for the people who are like me. Of course, if Larian thinks it's too complicated/costly relative to what it could add to the game, i would understand.

veteran
veteran
I like to have it stay as it is. I mostly save before and after battles, because I had the game crash on me. The only time, I do savescumming and not be shy about it, is for Scratch and the owlbear cub and I guess, everyone can agree, that this isn't relevant for the story, it's just for my own cozy camp felling.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
B
old hand
old hand
B
And can still exercise self-restraint.

S
Spleen Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Beechams
And can still exercise self-restraint.

Except from posting rude comments, or so it seems.

As you are not contributing to the conversation, I will not reply to you from now on. Unless, of course, you add something useful in the future. I'm sure you will agree that, as adults, we probably both have something better to do. Have a nice day.

B
old hand
old hand
B
In other words you have no answer to my self-restraint suggestion.

S
Spleen Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by fylimar
I like to have it stay as it is. I mostly save before and after battles, because I had the game crash on me. The only time, I do savescumming and not be shy about it, is for Scratch and the owlbear cub and I guess, everyone can agree, that this isn't relevant for the story, it's just for my own cozy camp felling.

I totally understand why you want to keep it that way, especially if the game crashes. Or if you want certain outcomes and that you want playing that way. that's why I'd like to see it as an option, maybe at character creation, or toggle-able

addict
addict
First thing I do before anything is turn off the Auto Save option. Doing that is amazing. Simply because it keeps you on your toes! It stops auto saving so no more warning you when some kind of event or battle is about to happen. This improves the game ten folds for me.

Then I force MAX 5 quick saves, ONE main area save.

I self impose on myself ONE re-load per long rest smile

It just reminded me of the bowl of goat's milk that old Winthrop used to put outside his door every evening for the dust demons. He said the dust demons could never resist goat's milk, and that they would always drink themselves into a stupor and then be too tired to enter his room..
[video:youtube]
[/video]

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by fylimar

I totally understand why you want to keep it that way, especially if the game crashes. Or if you want certain outcomes and that you want playing that way. that's why I'd like to see it as an option, maybe at character creation, or toggle-able

I mean yeah, options are always great. It's not, that my game is crashing a lot, but I had it crashed twice after very hard boosfights and I hadn't saved , because looting was more important (yeah, I know, greedy me :-D).
And yes, sometimes, you just get accustomed to something, like having the fluffy brigade in your camp and just want that in every playthrough. But if an option is possible, why not?

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
S
Spleen Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Count Turnipsome
First thing I do before anything is turn off the Auto Save option. Doing that is amazing. Simply because it keeps you on your toes! It stops auto saving so no more warning you when some kind of event or battle is about to happen. This improves the game ten folds for me.

Then I force MAX 5 quick saves, ONE main area save.

I self impose on myself ONE re-load per long rest smile

Maybe I should try to impose strict rules like you before starting a new game, not sure I would be able to follow them but I should try nevertheless !

journeyman
journeyman
@OP
You can basically get an Ironman mode with the current options and a little self restraint.

1) Go to Options/Gameplay
2) Shut off autosave or set Max number of Autosaves to 1
3) Set Max number of Quicksaves to 1

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by FuriousGreg
@OP
You can basically get an Ironman mode with the current options and a little self restraint.

1) Go to Options/Gameplay
2) Shut off autosave or set Max number of Autosaves to 1
3) Set Max number of Quicksaves to 1
Oh shit this is basically an Ironman mode as long as you resist quickloading.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard