Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
apprentice
apprentice
C
That mind flayer on the ship had orange eyes. Other mind flyers to.
The Empiror has purple eyes.

Last edited by ChaosDukemon; 05/09/23 08:30 AM.
M
M
The guy on the beach is wearing different armor.

[Linked Image from media.thenerdstash.com]

The Mind Flayer on the beach is not the one who tadpoled you.

old hand
old hand
Whilst on the topic of the Emperor and the Mindflayer on the beach.

Some Flayers die in the darkness, afraid to step into the light. But some Flayers need, to help somebody when the edge of surrender's in sight!

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.
stranger
stranger
You can find the mind flayer that infected you with a tadpole later in the game. It's lying dead in the heart of the goblin camp right next to one of Halsin's targets, you can even speak with its corpse.

Last edited by Dotsat; 05/09/23 10:19 AM.
Originally Posted by Ixal
I think it has less to do with time, but that Larian wanted to make it impossible to make the wrong choice.
Thats why tadpoles got rewritten to pure powerups, so that player can't lock themself into a path by overusing tadpoles 50+ hours ago. And thats why the emperor has no own motivation and instead always just reacts as you expect it from him. So when you do not trust him hes untrustworthy and so on. You can never make the wrong choice.

And thats one if the main reasons why act 3 is so bad.
I agree with you that this seems to be the main issue. It feels especially jarring because the rest of the game doesn't really work that way.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Originally Posted by Zenith
Originally Posted by AusarViled
Gortesh is a joke.
Just take out the flamethrower by the door, any force damage kills them- do it out of stealth. Likewise you can cast any fire cantrip on the bombs and gortesh will take 70-120 damage. I just shoved him from bomb to bomb and he died round 3. Easier fight.

Orin is actually hard as she has unstoppable, and has the ability to one shot you round 1.

No she doesn't. Literally a single magic missiles and her unstoppable is gone, potion of speed and she loses 60% of her health to a lv6 magic missiles. Then whatever martial you have mops her up during the same turn. Orin did zero damage to my team, they were all 21-22 AC including Gale.

And the bombs that were being thrown were bugged, so the grenade launchers were throwing the bombs at my characters AFTER they had already taken an action. Sometimes they threw two bombs on top of a teammate during one of my turns, and they would keep tossing more during that same turn every time interval if you wanted to test their launch pattern. The grenade launchers are bugged and are not respecting turn rules.

I knocked her off the platform *by mistake* multiple times rofl.
I reloaded because I wanted the loot and totally forgot I could turn off the Warlock knockback.
Orin was by far the most disappointing boss to me, even without knockback cheese ( which shouldn't be possible against a main boss imho ), I was hoping she'd fight you in her '' human '' form and use all kinds of blood magic shenanigans.
Instead she just turned into a generic monster and claws you, it felt like such a waste to me.
I get it's a '' Slayer '', I am not a DnD expert so I dunno if it's some kind of a special monster but it really just felt like it could've been a normal monster I fought in a dungeon or something it made her boss fight feel way less special to me.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by Nerovar
Well, he's trying to groom you into becoming a mindflayer for one which means death at best and the destruction of your soul at worst (I'm not sure if the lore is very clear on this but Withers says the soul gets destroyed by Ceremorphosis). He also wants you to be complicit in killing Orpheus and thereby robbing the Gith race of their future. Oh, and he tries to convince you to kill Minsc for no apparent reason.
If you choose to help the mindflayer in the windmill, it reveals to you that it is not infact the former person you're speaking to, but the tadpole that infected them. Going by this, the person 100% dies. I think this is one of the reasons he really didn't want you talking to it. Also, if Orpheus chooses to go through ceremorphosis, then he will tell you how he's struggling to keep his mind intact (I have a suspicion his mind only persisted rather than the tadpole taking over because of his absurd psionic power). This makes The Emperor's plot to groom you into a mindflayer all the more insidious.

I think his choices in the Astral Prism make so much more sense if you view him as purely selfish. He can not exist as an individual as long as the Elder Brain exists. His self preservation is more important than preventing the enactment of the Grand Design. Honestly, it would have been cool to have an option where you can persuade him to give a chance with Orpheus, and then persuade Orpheus not to flat out kill him. After all, there NEEDS to be a mindflayer holding the stones in order to succeed. How absolutely selfless Orpheus is in order to prevent the Grand Design from spreading should be enough evidence that he would allow the mindflayer to aid us.

The real option that seems to be missing is persuading The Emperor to give Orpheus a chance regardless that The Emperor is demonstrably evil.

Last edited by penny_face; 17/09/23 10:00 PM.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard