Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 156 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 155 156
B
Banned
Banned
B
Which is exactly why I want the plot holes and hints to be addressed. If avernus is our only choice I don't think it's unresonable to know why. There are enough hints to belive something can be done, not to mention she does nothing in act 3. We don't even get to try and fail, which just can't be intentional

R
Rae Offline
R
Originally Posted by BitterSchizo
Which is exactly why I want the plot holes and hints to be addressed. If avernus is our only choice I don't think it's unresonable to know why. There are enough hints to belive something can be done, not to mention she does nothing in act 3. We don't even get to try and fail, which just can't be intentional

exactly, we don't try to search the solution in act 3, because we're not allowed to by the game.
If we completely forget about ressurections, divines and these "unrealistic" possibilities, there are at least 4 very real. But we're not able to at least talk to them, why they are not able to help. Dammon, Raphael, Mizora and Gondians. All of these acts in final act as Karlach is not staying next to Tav, no possibilities to talk with them about the issue. I think everybody who finished the campaing with Karlach in party was suprised at the end in a way "Hey, did I miss something during my gameplay? Did I something wrong in act3?"

Last edited by Rae; 05/09/23 09:02 AM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Rae

exactly, we don't try to search the solution in act 3, because we're not allowed to by the game.
If we completely forget about ressurections, divines and these "unrealistic" possibilities, there are at least 4 very real. But we're not able to at least talk to them, why they are not able to help. Dammon, Raphael, Mizora and Gondians. All of these acts in final act as Karlach is not staying next to Tav, no possibilities to talk with them about the issue. I think everybody who finished the campaing with Karlach in party was suprised at the end in a way "Hey, did I miss something during my gameplay? Did I something wrong in act3?"

And yet, you all seem to have missed what Karlach wanted herself.... She wanted to go out on her own terms.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Originally Posted by Gadheras
And yet, you all seem to have missed what Karlach wanted herself.... She wanted to go out on her own terms.

I think going out on her own terms can be (and IMO should be) considered a failed state. Like once somebody knows there's nothing else to be done to fix the issue, obviously they would want to go on their own terms. The issue is that there's no in-between, like a huge chunk of narrative is just missing

R
Rae Offline
R

I'm not sure. If we have cure for her, why would she left? We cannot resolve this until we know the whole story, which is not completed in actual state obviously.

Last edited by Rae; 05/09/23 09:41 AM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Mighty Melvo

I think going out on her own terms can be (and IMO should be) considered a failed state. Like once somebody knows there's nothing else to be done to fix the issue, obviously they would want to go on their own terms. The issue is that there's no in-between, like a huge chunk of narrative is just missing

You can turn her into a mindflayer, from one sorry state into another.
You can persuade her to go back to Avernus, a place she truly hate.
Or let her live life to the fullest the time she got left, and just be there for her in the end as she asked if you would.

Larian expanded on going back to Avernus so it became a better, not the perfect rose smelling some want, but yet a better one. If you check the latest interview with Swen, and where he talk about how that was done. I don't really see any other game studio out there do this fan service in such a short amount of time.

I'm sure in due time modders will offer up a lot of endings that will suit everyone's whims. They just won't have the VA work to go with it.

B
Banned
Banned
B
My god this is wrong on so many levels I don't even know where to start. At no point in the game she's suicidal, at no point in the game she gives up, she literally cries that she wants to live, and we can't even try and fail. And with no other option she would just rather die than go back to hell, which makes "the best ending" even worse because what? She's supposed to just swallow the pill and don't care? Okay she goes back with her beloved and possibly with a friend, but still is forced into a place she hates the most. Again without any real good explanation

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Yeah, except she literally doesn't. She wants to fix herself but if that's impossible she'd rather die than go back to avernus. And it's "impossible" because out of like 5 ways to fix that, game doesn't allow us to try any of them

B
Banned
Banned
B
Exactly, how can anyone defend a "tragic ending" when solution is right in front of us. It's not like we are failing, we aren't even allowed to try, and that's simply not a good writing and storytelling. This game literally lets you do anything, which is exactly why it's sooooo good. But then suddenly you're not allowed to do anything, this simply needs to be addressed

apprentice
apprentice
I mean... if you use some imagination, remember all in game situations and use some knowledge about DND... its 9 ways to fix here. 9 ways and we can try 0.
"We did everything we could for Karlach" (©Game), yes, we truly did everything.

Last edited by Raidzu; 05/09/23 09:50 AM.

Justice for Karlach!
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Larian expanded on going back to Avernus so it became a better, not the perfect rose smelling some want, but yet a better one. If you check the latest interview with Swen, and where he talk about how that was done. I don't really see any other game studio out there do this fan service in such a short amount of time.

And props to Larian for that. The fact that they recognized that there is a problem and took action is a very good sign. Even though I personally dislike the new "ending" and don't see it as something game changing, I appreciate the effort. It's not that people are mad / upset / disappointed because "what the hell Larian, we want more NOW!". I think most of us are upset because of
1). How poorly it was advertised in Community Update (the wording was just not good: "the ending she deserves" and "new optional ending")
2). There are at least 4 legit ways to save Karlach (I'm not talking about wish spell, true res etc), none of them are functional and Larian won't let us try them.

Like a lot of people here said, let us try at least.

And yeah Raz, we got you. You are pleased with what we have now. That doesn't mean that everyone else here has to accept that, it's not your job to prove us otherwise, mate

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Also really. There's nothing for Karlach to do in Act 3 except for flattening a certain guy we would've flattened without her anyways. And the biggest point nobody can really argue with is that Karlach survives and carries on just fine if you play as her. Cheers for bringing that up Nary a Care

B
Banned
Banned
B
Let's ignore all the true ressurection scrolls and all that. We still have Dammon, Steel Watch, Gondians, pact with Mizora or Raphael. Why wouldn't at least one thing from this work? Why can't we even try? As someone mentioned above, if I was playing without any guides or something I literally would have thought I missed some quest and got a bad ending. Something simply needs to be done with this, it ruins the immersion

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Let's ignore all the true ressurection scrolls and all that. We still have Dammon, Steel Watch, Gondians, pact with Mizora or Raphael. Why wouldn't at least one thing from this work? Why can't we even try? As someone mentioned above, if I was playing without any guides or something I literally would have thought I missed some quest and got a bad ending. Something simply needs to be done with this, it ruins the immersion

Like OP said, we just need to be patient and see what Larian comes up with next. I'm pretty sure they have their hands full with a PS5 release and Patch2 being not as good for some. I think we are definitely HEARD and they are aware that we still want a fix.

But yeah, I so agree that it ruins the immersion. I even decided to put my new playthroughs on hold until the issue is resolved. I just can't continue playing knowing what will happen frown

Last edited by Mighty Melvo; 05/09/23 10:21 AM.
B
Banned
Banned
B
Well I still belive in them and I absolutely understand they can't perform miracles. Yesterday in an interview Sven confirmed that adding the epilogue in patch 2 took them 3 weeks, and obviously they will have to work incredibly hard on ps5 release, considering the pre-access had a rough start. I absolutely get all of that, which is why im not being unresonable, which is why im not toxic, which is why I simply want to discuss what we have, what we can expect and what we want. They must have heard us, and this is a reason why Im still here, because I want us to be heard. We just want the story we love to have a proper ending

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
I still believe in Larian. They have always been known for listening to the community. They're obviously very busy with the console release right now, but we're only required to give constructive criticism and offer our opinion on the issue. I personally think that Karlach just didn't get finished because she was a completely different character in Early Access, but I'm very grateful to Larian for our Karlach we have now. We love her so much and just want to be able to do our best for her in Act 3. Let's hope Larian hears us.

JUSTICE 4 KARLACH

Last edited by Sad_Pepe1992; 05/09/23 10:43 AM.
N
journeyman
journeyman
N
Well I still belive in them and I absolutely understand they can't perform miracles. Yesterday in an interview Sven confirmed that adding the epilogue in patch 2 took them 3 weeks, and obviously they will have to work incredibly hard on ps5 release, considering the pre-access had a rough start. I absolutely get all of that, which is why im not being unresonable, which is why im not toxic, which is why I simply want to discuss what we have, what we can expect and what we want. They must have heard us, and this is a reason why Im still here, because I want us to be heard. We just want the story we love to have a proper ending

This 100%. I have full faith in Larian that they will do their best to address our concerns. If I didn't believe that they would listen to us I would have written it off as a loss and simply moved on rather than camping out on their forums. Part of the reason I get so reflexively defensive when people say that we're "demanding" things or "taking shots at Larian" is because it's simply not true. Larian asked US for feedback, so I'm providing feedback on what I think would improve the game.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Yeah. I think something that needs to be said is that the existing content for Karlach isn't *bad*. The scene with her talking about having the courage to be grateful even knowing she's dying soon actually made me tear up a bit. The writing for what *is* there is great, I think the existing endings should stay as options. And the fact Larian is listening and making changes is awesome and I applaud them for it, even if the first effort in this direction feels like it misses the mark a bit.

It just feels really, really bad that you're never given a chance to even *try* to solve the problem- even as the game shows you multiple perfectly plausible possible solutions- that's so frustrating. It's even more so when you compare it to the other companion quests, where there's almost always some way to address their problems. With Karlach, there just.... isn't any option to even try, and that's what makes people so frustrated with it. it feels like Karlach and the PC just give up immediately after Dammon says her engine is going to fail.

Last edited by Comrade Canuck; 05/09/23 10:54 AM.
Originally Posted by Walking Kole
Originally Posted by Odieman
PS: Karlach isnt going to Hell in the same sense as in religious RL, her soul has not been bought nor is it owned. If/when she dies, she will go through the same process every person in D&D Forgotten Realms go through. Having fought Devils and Demons and basically helped save the sword coast, she would easily be picked up by one of the "Good aligned deities. Im sure Tyr would like her, she got rid of impostor Paladins of Tyr.
She was with the people who saved (depending on your choices) one of Selunes offspring/chosen and helped fight Shar worshippers
. Mystra might even take her, Lathander the broken god would sympathize with her. She certainly fits with Helm, and I could go on...

Even if that's the case, that's neither in the story, nor should it be how her story ends. She was a character who strived for freedom but the game didn't let you even work towards it (as a companion). It stopped you from even trying. Her getting out of her predicament on a technicality does not conclude her arc, it just bypasses it.

It can't be the case that every other character can complete their arc but her. There is no narrative justification for that.

And the fact that playing as her does conclude her arc means that it is in fact possible to do so as a companion.

Just to be clear, yes she is going back to Avernus, which is one of The nine layers of Hell. But she doesnt die. Avernus and The The other layers of Hell just as any other plane in Forgotten Realms can be travelled to (with difficulty), whilst still living. I was referring to her eventual death x amounts of years after BG3 ends.

"They say he who smelt it dealt it."
Sooo technically... this burnt corpse is your fault officer."

F
Banned
Banned
F
Except she literally doesn't want that. She wants to cure herself and be free and if that fails, she'd rather die than go back to avernus. And the problem is that despite many potential ways of actually fixing the issue we're not even allowed to TRY any of them. I'll leave out cheesy ways like scroll of true resurrection and all, but Gondians, Steel Watch or even Dammon should be able to figure out something. If not, why can't we get a deal with Raphael, Mizora, Mystra or other god or even Zariel herself? Either do something for them or promise a favor in future? Hell, maybe we could just buy Karlach's freedom with Soul Coins, but we'd have to get our hands a bit dirty to get enough of them? Can you use any argument why we can't do anything out of the listed things? And please, don't use "real liferino not fair tragedy so good" because we are already able to bail out a guy with nuke in his chest who was ordered a suicide mission as the only way to redeem himself by a LITERAL goddes of magic so that argument isn't really working there

Page 28 of 156 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 155 156

Link Copied to Clipboard