Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 29 of 156 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 155 156
apprentice
apprentice
Even if we can`t fix her engine at all (imagine: we do everything and this doesn`t work), there still exists one good ending option! That`s a one of a reason why I against full tragic for her, it`s just unlogick, even without a fix she can logically get at least pointing good ending (as
Shadow and Astarion
).
And this option is -
House of Hope.
I mean when we ask her, after Raphael battle, why doesn`t she go to the House of Hope, she said: "Because i don`t wanna go back to Avernus no matter what!" And that`s all. But now she accept returning as an option, so why now we can`t convince her go to House of Hope? It`s a good ending! Yes not 100% good, but still good. She will be living in the big rich mansion, that hides somewhere in Avernus, so even archdemons cant find it. In this mansion exist a many portals to main capital citys, even in Baldurs Gate, so she can go there whenever she wants, and get back when engine is overheating. And she is under protection of Hope - not a devil or demon but happy, funny dwarf!
With House of Hope exist, there never be 100% tragedy endings for her as logical option at all.

Last edited by Raidzu; 05/09/23 11:13 AM.

Justice for Karlach!
F
F
Originally Posted by Walking Kole
And the fact that playing as her does conclude her arc means that it is in fact possible to do so as a companion.

please, tell more about additional possible outcomes if playing as her.

B
Banned
Banned
B
Exactly this, we are not calling for retcons, we don't want to change anything. We just want something that has been heavily hinted and we aren't even close to being toxic about it. We are simply pointing out things that should be in game and most likely has just been cut. Those are very huge plot holes that simply need to be addressed

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Raidzu
I mean when we ask her, after Raphael battle, why doesn`t she go to the House of Hope, she said: "Because i don`t wanna go back to Avernus no matter what!" And that`s all. But now she accept returning as an option, so why now we can`t convince her go to House of Hope? It`s a good ending! Yes not 100% good, but still good. She will be living in the big rich mansion, that hides somewhere in Avernus, so even archdemons cant find it. In this mansion exist a many portals to main capital citys, even in Baldurs Gate, so she can go there whenever she wants, and get back when engine is overheating. And she is under protection of Hope - not a devil or demon but happy, funny dwarf!
With House of Hope exist, there never be 100% tragedy endings for her as logical option at all.

Never thought about it this way, but as she
Feels better in the House of Hope and then noone of Zariel servants appear even after Rafael is defeated it definitely means that Karlach is pretty much safe there, but... By the end of the game her engine is pretty much exhausted so she can't stay in Faerun anymore, then if we imagine that she moves in the House of Hope it seems to become her prison forever. Not a happy ending tbh.

A
stranger
stranger
A
MC&Friends can embark on a quest of obtaining a WISH spell or scroll of true ressurection or whatever we can think of since imminent catastrophe isn't looming over our heads now while she chills in the House.

apprentice
apprentice
Still better and happier ending than: Forever Fighting with Zariel forces till her death. Some humans even in our days prefer life in house as in prison, coming out only for food. So i dont think it's definitely bad ending. In this kind of house... with jacuzzi, cool bed, many space, books, artifacts, portals even in Avernus main city, elite food and drink and others stuff... With all of it this "prison" dont really looks so bad

Last edited by Raidzu; 05/09/23 01:14 PM.

Justice for Karlach!
G4RIIK Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Gadheras
Originally Posted by Rae
Originally Posted by BitterSchizo
Which is exactly why I want the plot holes and hints to be addressed. If avernus is our only choice I don't think it's unresonable to know why. There are enough hints to belive something can be done, not to mention she does nothing in act 3. We don't even get to try and fail, which just can't be intentional

exactly, we don't try to search the solution in act 3, because we're not allowed to by the game.
If we completely forget about ressurections, divines and these "unrealistic" possibilities, there are at least 4 very real. But we're not able to at least talk to them, why they are not able to help. Dammon, Raphael, Mizora and Gondians. All of these acts in final act as Karlach is not staying next to Tav, no possibilities to talk with them about the issue. I think everybody who finished the campaing with Karlach in party was suprised at the end in a way "Hey, did I miss something during my gameplay? Did I something wrong in act3?"

And yet, you all seem to have missed what Karlach wanted herself.... She wanted to go out on her own terms.

I'm not sure if you noticed (and I mean no offense) but she wanted to LIVE more than anything else. Not to die, or go back to Avernus.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by G4RIIK
Originally Posted by Gadheras
Originally Posted by Rae
Originally Posted by BitterSchizo
Which is exactly why I want the plot holes and hints to be addressed. If avernus is our only choice I don't think it's unresonable to know why. There are enough hints to belive something can be done, not to mention she does nothing in act 3. We don't even get to try and fail, which just can't be intentional

exactly, we don't try to search the solution in act 3, because we're not allowed to by the game.
If we completely forget about ressurections, divines and these "unrealistic" possibilities, there are at least 4 very real. But we're not able to at least talk to them, why they are not able to help. Dammon, Raphael, Mizora and Gondians. All of these acts in final act as Karlach is not staying next to Tav, no possibilities to talk with them about the issue. I think everybody who finished the campaing with Karlach in party was suprised at the end in a way "Hey, did I miss something during my gameplay? Did I something wrong in act3?"

And yet, you all seem to have missed what Karlach wanted herself.... She wanted to go out on her own terms.

I'm not sure if you noticed (and I mean no offense) but she wanted to LIVE more than anything else. Not to die, or go back to Avernus.
You are absolutely right, dear creator of the thread. Karlach, more than all of our party members, wanted only to stay in her hometown with her loved one and her friends.

apprentice
apprentice
Just in case I remind those who say that we are.
1. "Please just change the endings instead of these." No, these endings are fine, they can be. The problem is that there isn't another one. Karlach's quests are practically empty compared to the other companions, during the whole playthrough until the very end you can't help but feel like you accidentally missed a quest needed for her somewhere. Despite the fact that I tried in a huge number of ways that at least hinted at developing the story differently. I speak at least for myself: I was attentive to the clues scattered by the developers and didn't google any quests at all, the more enjoyable it was to solve these puzzles. But in the case of Karlach, after much searching, I googled and found nothing
2. "We are asking Larian to get things done urgently." I myself work in IT companies, I have a lot of friends from gamedev, I know that such improvements are not done quickly, just in case I pay attention to it to other people. The fact that they released a new epilogue so quickly is already very cool. Personally, I wish they would have just written that it was a work in progress.

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
This is pure speculation and has no basis in anything Larian has said, but I suspect they didn't say "this epilogue is a work in progress" because of timing. Think about it, you're between the game releasing on PC and console, and a significant issue among the players has come up that will take time and effort to correct. You can put a band-aid on it now that's not perfect, but it is something. You want to maximize sales before Starfield comes out, so you can't just come out and say "this game is still a work in progress despite the 1.0 tag". If you do that think of how many people will just say "I'll wait to buy it until it's finished", hell most of us are saying something similar and we already have the game. While I definitely don't appreciate the somewhat underhanded wording by the PR team, I'm not exactly surprised they didn't want to advertise the game still has some unfinished elements.

B
Banned
Banned
B
Basically if they just used different words people wouldn't be that mad. Obviously they won't say the game is unfinished before ps5 release and this is perfectly understandable. I just wish we got some hint that they are listening and we just need to wait. That being said, what Sven said in recent interview, and in patch 2 may be enough of a hint. I really can't wait for a new content patch

apprentice
apprentice
The game is polished enough to release to the public. The PR company wasn't fooling anyone about anything, the game is great. There are just some points that I wish could have been finalized.

apprentice
apprentice
That's if you disconsider the things they advertised months ahead of release which aren't in the game. I agree that, mechanically and technically, it could've been a LOT worse (I mean... we can all look at Starfield...), but saying everything is as advertised is objectively incorrect.

Edit, so that I don't cause anyone's blood to boil: not saying they don't deserve credit for what's there, just saying that's no reason to not hold them accountable for what was advertised and isn't. We can like something and also be fair and honest about its shortcomings, otherwise there would be no improvement and growth in the world.

Last edited by Arkaelus; 05/09/23 04:02 PM.

Justice for Karlach
B
Banned
Banned
B
They deserve all the credit in the world, we just want one loose end tied up. Just make Dammon be able to fix the engine, or gondians, or whoever. One more simple fetch quest is more than enough, and then we can calmly wait for Definitve Edition and what not. I get that adding one quest may take a while, but on the other hand, once the ps5 release is done, I don't think asking for simple fetch quest to tie quite important storyline is unresonable

apprentice
apprentice
Agreed, but I wasn't referring to that. There are elements which have been advertised (see the Upper City as the most glaring one) and haven't been delivered. I'm not trying to derail the thread, but I can't in good conscience let this slide.

Justice for Karlach
B
Banned
Banned
B
If leaks are to be belived adding upper city would solve our problem. And considering that Karlach has literally nothing to do in act 3 I kinda belive them.

But if upper city is ever to be added, it will definetely be in DE, as it would be a TON of work. Im still advocating for just one more quest so I can fully enjoy the game, and wait for everything that is to come. And I still stand by my words that asking for one more simple and short quest is not unresonable

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Arkaelus
Agreed, but I wasn't referring to that. There are elements which have been advertised (see the Upper City as the most glaring one) and haven't been delivered. I'm not trying to derail the thread, but I can't in good conscience let this slide.

Then they must be very bad at advertising, as there been no promo material anywhere to showcase any upper city though.

apprentice
apprentice
There have been several, actually, videos and posts as well. But, again, I don't want to derail the thread with this, there are plenty of other threads focused around the subject. My intent was simply to follow and uphold the truth, that's it. Call me a stickler for it.

Last edited by Arkaelus; 05/09/23 05:16 PM.

Justice for Karlach
R
Rae Offline
R
Yeah, from everything, what can be found on the internet, it looks like the upper city removal caused the actual unfinished state of internal engine storyline. So IF they want to fix her story somehow, it will take longer time for sure. But I do believe in that, after I saw DOS2 definitive edition.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Rae
Yeah, from everything, what can be found on the internet, it looks like the upper city removal caused the actual unfinished state of internal engine storyline. So IF they want to fix her story somehow, it will take longer time for sure. But I do believe in that, after I saw DOS2 definitive edition.

Problem with what can be found, doesn't always tell the full story of what there is. If we should go by what is actual found, like the recorded unused Withers epilogues. They give Karlach 3 endings. As this is actual cut content that been created, I would at least like to believe that supersede lines of text that never reached that stage.

Sometimes you get dealt a bad hand of cards and that's life.

Page 29 of 156 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 155 156

Link Copied to Clipboard