Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 31 of 156 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 155 156
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by Arkaelus
Yeah, same... reached Act III again last evening and ran into the added lines, killed my mood again. The drop was almost palpable, I had to quit the game and go to bed early just to not think about it.
Karlach agrees to return to Avernus?

apprentice
apprentice
That's very good news. In fact, I think it's gonna be fine.

apprentice
apprentice
Ah, nono, the lead-up to that...

It serves to further hammer home the idea that she'd much rather die in Baldur's Gate than ever return to Avernus.

Justice for Karlach
G4RIIK Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Feris
From what I heard act 3 of DOS:2 got revamped and one character that was screwed with endings got a happy one fans requested, basically Karlach situation

Yeah, Fane from DOS:2, had a pick between bad and worse in endings and almost a year later it was fixed in Definitive Edition. Yes, there's hope, but its far away. And that's ok with me. I'd love if Larian addressed it properly.

apprentice
apprentice
For what it's worth, I'm with you on this. Have no problem with putting the game on hold for however long it takes.

Justice for Karlach
apprentice
apprentice
Yeah, same... reached Act III again last evening and ran into the added lines, killed my mood again. The drop was almost palpable, I had to quit the game and go to bed early just to not think about it.
Cant you say what in this added lines written, please?

Justice for Karlach!
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Karlach is a doomer in Act 3 now

apprentice
apprentice
Just after the coronation, when returning to camp (didn't jump Gortash), she had an interaction token.

As a summary, her heart starts acting up, she mentions it's getting hotter and that she just wants to focus on saving Baldur's Gate, and the available responses are (paraphrasing) "maybe we'll find a fix," or "this is between (you/you, me/[can't recall the third]), and Zariel in Avernus." Her reply is somewhere along the lines of "Hah, nope" should you choose anything suggesting returning to Avernus.

Maybe I'm mistaken in saying this is new, but I don't recall having this dialogue before the patches - may as well have been a progression bug back then.

Edit: didn't even try the fix one, I've hurt myself enough already:))

Last edited by Arkaelus; 06/09/23 09:51 AM.

Justice for Karlach
apprentice
apprentice
Sure looks that way, yeah!

Justice for Karlach
apprentice
apprentice
Thank you for answer!
I have memory issues, but this dialogue sounds familiar... Im sure I get it before path 2.
In patch 2 update announce they saying that they are adding new lines about her engine in Act 1 and Act 2, but i don`t hear anything about adding it in Act 3...
By the way. someone already saw this new 1-2 Act lines?

Justice for Karlach!
apprentice
apprentice
Oh, I honestly don't think I've had anything new in the first two Acts :| - started the game from scratch after Patch 2.

Edit: and, yeah, may totally be on me... stumbled over so many bugs my first two times through Act III that I don't even know what's what anymore...

Last edited by Arkaelus; 06/09/23 10:08 AM.

Justice for Karlach
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Oh, I honestly don't think I've had anything new in the first two Acts :| - started the game from scratch after Patch 2.

Same here, got nothing new in Act 1 and 2. Put the playthrough on hold and considering trying a full Karlach playthrough

apprentice
apprentice
Same here, gonna put it on hold entirely until things stabilise even further, now I'm confused more than anything else...

Justice for Karlach
R
Rae Offline
R
Yeah, I started my 2nd playthrough two days before the patch2 and it looks more less the same for me as my first playthrough. I'm Act1 in goblin stronghold, enjoying the game very slowly, because I don't want to enter act3 as long as possible.

I'm starting to think, that they want us to go to avernus, maybe because future content, dlc killing Zariel or something like that.

But still fully hoping for fixing the engine and have nice life with my tav in BG at the end

apprentice
apprentice
That would actually be the perfect theme for a DLC, but it would still work if
Karlach's heart got fixed, imo...

Kinda' like in Mass Effect, the more you do at the beginning, the more you get near the ending, could swing into buffs, resistances, a lotta good stuff...

As for what the motivation would be in this case, well... pure payback sounds plenty good to me... I mean
Zariel messed with pretty much the whole team by the game's ending, I'd bet Wyll, Lae'zel, maybe even Astarion and Shadowheart (after her change of heart - yet again, I apologise) would be game to stomp some Arch-Daemon behind

Last edited by Arkaelus; 06/09/23 11:11 AM.

Justice for Karlach
M
stranger
stranger
M
ah my friends i come here to make sure we get good ending for karlach Lets go My friends

JUSTICE FOR KARLACH

old hand
old hand
I've gotten some new (to me) dialogue with Karlach in Acts I and II - very short scenes which emphasize the increasingly desperate nature of her condition.

apprentice
apprentice
I don't understand why game developers in this day so obsessive with Tragick.No.Good.Way characters. This obsessed grow so much that more and more often start appearing even in games that promoted as a game about roleplay, choices and possibilities, in a genre where situation without a choice and way outs just don't fit well.
Like I even understand this kind of characters when its a lineage game (or game where choices don`t affect much on the story), when story work for it and game not about roleplay and rpg on the first place. But when this trope going to choices-centric games, where choice - is a main thing of the genre... I don`t know, it`s just wrong.
Be honest, Karlach situation feelings like she or her story is just from another game. More lineage and dark atmosphere game, like Drakengard or something.
What Im trying to say: Take away the ability of making a choice in game about choices in genre about choices - just wrong.

Last edited by Raidzu; 06/09/23 12:51 PM.

Justice for Karlach!
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Rae
I'm starting to think, that they want us to go to avernus, maybe because future content, dlc killing Zariel or something like that.

I thought there was going to be some kind of quest in avernus, too.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Feris
We can bail out a guy with nuke inside chest that was ordered suicide mission by literal goddess. After that, any bullshit argument about "such is life", "this is realistic outcome" and all is instantly irrelevant
It's funny and it's really true))))))

Page 31 of 156 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 155 156

Link Copied to Clipboard