Nope, but I should not be penalized for an NPC's actions if I have no control over the NPC. Oath breaking for killing the Tieflings holding Laezel, fine Oathbreaking for letting Auntie Ethel live, again fine. Both choices I have to actively make in dialogue. Hell I could even kill the cub with it's mother with a paladin in the group and not break my oath.

But I take mercy and let it live only to have it later die thru the actions of NPC's , thus causing an Oath break is not right.

IMO a completely bad interpretation of the Oath of a Paladin on Larian's part.

Seriously , why is this even considered a possibility to cause a broken oath. Explain it to me like you would a 5 year old. I do good I keep my oath, I do bad I break my oath. Should be that simple. A twisted interpretation of the Oath is the only way I can see that my characters actions could be considered breaking my oath.

If I kill it with mom, no oath broken. It dies because the Goblins captured it and it chose to attack those attacking the Goblins (it's captor) Oath broken. How the fuck does that reflect in any way on my character? How does that break my oath, hmmm?

I didn't attack or harm it, it attacked first (Lump the Enlightened to be specific). Before it attacked Lump, it was showing with a yellow circle (aka neutral) Neither I nor my summoned NPC's attacked the Owlbear cub prior to it's aggression.

I just can't wrap my mind around how this incident could even come close to my Paladin breaking Her Oath.