Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Originally Posted by fylimar
I don't like the body proportions, they look wrong.

I struggled with this in EA too, but thought the halfling female character I created in Ghent looked really cool. I'm not sure whether there have been small tweaks (somehow the faces looked less oddly big, at least), or if I'd just got used to the EA version or exaggerated in my mind how bad it was. That might just have been me, but it might be worth at least seeing what you think when you get your hands on the new character creator grin

OK, that makes me hopeful. I was really looking forward to my halfling bard 😊

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
addict
addict
Originally Posted by EvilParrot
To get back to the original video and away from reptile genetalia, my main question is where is the skills tab? Everything else seems to be on the left panel. The skills change as classes / races are selected but unless it is part of the background tab I don't see a place to select skills.
Take a closer look at left border. The video shows only tabs related to appearance not build.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Of course, mileage might vary, so now I'm a bit worried I'm giving you false hope, but I'll have my fingers crossed that you'll have the same reaction as me grin

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran

I struggled with this in EA too, but thought the halfling female character I created in Ghent looked really cool. I'm not sure whether there have been small tweaks (somehow the faces looked less oddly big, at least), or if I'd just got used to the EA version or exaggerated in my mind how bad it was. That might just have been me, but it might be worth at least seeing what you think when you get your hands on the new character creator grin

Well, we can see quite clearly body proportions of Halfling females in video mentioned in OP:
Time: 1:50

Indeed it seems a bit better!

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 19/07/23 09:49 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by KLSLS
I will be updating this post to highlight what's new:

- Asmodeus tieflings seem to get produce flame now instead of thaumaturgy, which was shared with zariel tieflings.
- Humans have a second race feature apart from the polearm proficiency set (and light armor?), video shows persuasion proficiency, the icon isn't very telling, but it could mean persuasion proficiency, a floating skill point, or the +20 carry weight we heard about.
- Githyanki have a new racial action, the icon is a book.
- Half-elves seem to get the same weapon proficiencies as humans.
- Drow don't seem to get the dancing lights cantrip at level 1 anymore, half-drows still do.
I haven noticed theese ...

But now, when you mentioned it.
It seems like Elves and Drows get Perception proficiency.
Im not really sure if thow most favourite races needed boost in form of most desired proficiency. laugh

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD

Well, we can see quite clearly body proportions of Halfling females in video mentioned in OP:
Time: 1:50

Indeed it seems a bit better!
I can't watch the video right now, I have to wait until this evening.

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran

Of course, mileage might vary, so now I'm a bit worried I'm giving you false hope, but I'll have my fingers crossed that you'll have the same reaction as me grin
Don't sorry, I won't hold you accountable 😁. I wish, I could watch the video right now, but since I'm not at home, I have to wait.

Doctor Who
I'm glad there is no stat rolling because it would make the game unbalanced. Let's be honest, spending hours rolling for perfect stats is cheating. If you want to cheat then game achievements should be locked away from your playthrough.

veteran
veteran
I can't watch the video right now, I have to wait until this evening.
Better?
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by Potatoo
I'm glad there is no stat rolling because it would make the game unbalanced.
There is potential ...
But hardly anything more.

Let's be honest, spending hours rolling for perfect stats is cheating.
Maybe ...
Personaly i would say that in such case punishment (wich was those hours spending rerolling) exeeds misdeed by far tho. laugh

Still its main, or default, or first stat gaining method in source material ... one could say that on the contrary, point buy is cheating, since you are avoiding risk of having really low stats. :P

If you want to cheat then game achievements should be locked away from your playthrough.
That would be price i would happily pay.

veteran
veteran
It kind of bothers me that the default halfling female is the same as the Zhentarim trader in the goblin camp.

I know, that's probably a silly thing to be bothered by. But I think it every time I see that model.

Also, I don't know if I'm in the minority on this, but I kind of like the way the halflings look.

veteran
veteran
Rag: unfortunately, the barbarian garb isn't the best to judge proportions. Plus I have to see her nice, because the halfling movement was a bit off.

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Unfortunately indeed ...
This was best i could do. smile

//Edit:
BTW i also started a game and tryed to compare them ...
And now i feel like my celebration was premature. frown

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 19/07/23 05:52 PM.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Unfortunately indeed ...
This was best i could do. smile

//Edit:
BTW i also started a game and tryed to compare them ...
And now i feel like my celebration was premature. frown
Thank you anyway, the thought count.

I think, I will stick with the halfling anyway.

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
I watched the video now and I think, the halfling is indeed a bit better than before.

BTW: I love the female dragonborn. That might be a future character.

Doctor Who
Definitely love the Dragonborn. Might be my first play character, as much as they're really not that great at the moment, racial trait wise. Hoping items help. Either way the CC is phenomenal and super excited to get to play around with it.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Originally Posted by rodeolifant
Originally Posted by SoulfulAzrael
I am honestly confused about taking out alignment and how it's supposed to "help with roleplay". My boi. You are literally taking away a big part of roleplay here.
Now that I don't mind at all. One can play a character as any aignment one desires, it needn't be on the character sheet for that. Regardless - that is a 5E thing, not necessarily a BG3 thing.
In addition to that, I do believe in their previous games the players' choices would shift one's alignment and how the world viewed (and treated/responded) to the player in-game. I would be surprised if BG3 didn't have the same systems.

Originally Posted by SoulfulAzrael
Big part of why we choose alignment is to roleplay as that specific character and not only that, but it can be used very well to create a basis for a character and use it for instance to show character growth like in WOTR. For fuck sake.

Also I want to add that I also want to do something like that. My character started as Chaotic Evil. Now is Chaotic Neutral as he tries to become someone better and maybe end up in Chaotic Good as he redeems himself or goes back down to Chaotic Evil because of his vices he can't escape from. Now I can only imagine it.
In DOS2 your alignment changes as you make choices in the game similar to how you're describing your preference here. It's conceivable everyone starts neutral and then shifts according to our decisions in-game, which isn't necessarily a bad thing because I can't be the only person who has had to suffer through lawful good characters "role playing" their murder hobo fantasies throughout a game.

enthusiast
enthusiast
What are people asking for here, exactly? Some people want the total +4 stat boost Half-elves and Mountain Dwarves get and the Feat at level 1 Variant Humans get in the 5e PHB. Others seem to want the flexibility Tasha's custom lineage allows. And I imagine others say "Gimme Tasha's custom origin, unless my character is a Half-elf, Mountain Dwarf or Variant Human, in which case gimme PHB."

Of course with Tasha's custom lineage, anyone can have a Feat at level 1.

Last edited by branmakmuffin; 31/07/23 03:52 AM.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard