Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 34 of 157 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 156 157
apprentice
apprentice
Bro why are you still here defending your opinion against people who clearly disagree with you? Nothing better to do with life?

You made your point why you think the current endings are fine -> people disagree -> you keep on trying to converse people like you're some Anti-Karlach-Church Pope -> people still disagree -> you're still here reaching for the stars in order to explain why you shouldnt be able to fix her.

For someone that claims to have good DND knowledge you seem to not get the point that so many fix possibilities are arleady hinted inside BG3. But what can I say, haters gonna hate - right?

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
I really don't understand what point you're arguing anymore my man. You admit that Larian has already said they want to add more options based on people's feedback. No one here as far as I can see is denying that. If Larian is adding more endings based on player feedback, and this is a feedback post, why are you attacking people for giving feedback based on why they dislike the current ending? If people use their own life and experience to identify with a character, why exactly are you assailing them for disagreeing with a writing choice? We understand that you like the current endings and think that they're fine, no one here agrees with you, and that is not likely to change. You really don't seem to have an actual argument besides vapid white knighting for a company no one is attacking.

Last edited by Nessius; 07/09/23 04:28 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
I think you may have the wrong idea about this, literally nobody wants this done yesterday. Quite the contrary as the last 2-3 pages of this very thread indicate, everyone's saying that we'd be more than willing to wait, because we understand that good things come in time.

And if you want to argue against the change based on undercooked content again, well... that's very shaky ground onto which to build anything.

Other than this, I'd say we all have the right to vent in a safe and understanding environment populated by people who get what it feels like. I get that you may not care as much about this as anyone else, but I don't understand why you are so combative over literally people chatting...

Edit: to respond to your argument, I think you may be missing the point of this thread entirely, as her desire is precisely why we're pining for a happy ending in which we fix her heart -
to allow her to continue living outside Avernus.

Last edited by Arkaelus; 07/09/23 04:58 PM.

Justice for Karlach
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Raz415
With the content in the game now, it is impossible to fix the engine, full stop. Of course her reaction reflects that. Everyone knows (including Larian, as it is stated in the patch 2 notes) that people want more options. I really have a hard time seeing why people keep coming back to bash the writing, call it a tragedy trope or tragedy-baiting or bring their personal lives into the thread.

Because it's art. People have every right to resonate with a piece of art in any way, I'd even argue it's bad art if it doesn't evoke such a resonance. Unfortunately, as it stands, this work of art is conceptually and narratively unfinished.

NB: not accusing Larian, not slandering Larian, not [insert negative intent here] Larian, in case this is not already directly and indirectly implied by dozens of messages...

Last edited by Arkaelus; 07/09/23 04:43 PM.

Justice for Karlach
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Originally Posted by Arkaelus
With the content in the game now, it is impossible to fix the engine, full stop. Of course her reaction reflects that. Everyone knows (including Larian, as it is stated in the patch 2 notes) that people want more options. I really have a hard time seeing why people keep coming back to bash the writing, call it a tragedy trope or tragedy-baiting or bring their personal lives into the thread.

Because it's art. People have every right to resonate with a piece of art in any way, I'd even argue it's bad art if it doesn't evoke such a resonance. Unfortunately, as it stands, this work of art is conceptually and narratively unfinished.

NB: not accusing Larian, not slandering Larian, not [insert negative intent here] Larian, in case this is not already directly and indirectly implied by dozens of messages...

I think it's just much easier to ignore the guy haha

B
Banned
Banned
B
In game - yes because there is no quest for some reason in act 3
Lorewise - bro you ever played this game.
Those are the options that make perfect sense lorewise:
Ask Dammon for help, as he promised
Steal tech from Steel Watchers
Ask Gondians for help
Make a pact with Mizora
Make a pact with Raphael
Ask Gale or any sorcerer to conjure some spell
Buy her out from Zariel with soul coins

Here, please explain why any of those options shouldn't work and if your answer is going to be "because this isn't in game" just go troll someone else

apprentice
apprentice
Yeah, you're right. Wouldn't even know how to put this in a different way, anyway, already feel like I've repeated myself like a broken record:))

Thank you for the reality check, sincerely!

Justice for Karlach
stranger
stranger
What I wanna know is when I fired back at that Raz415 person, the mods responded IMMEDIATELY, but the moment I stopped engaging with them the mods then ghosted with barely a word and Raz415 is still continuing to harass people in this topic. What the hell, mods?

Last edited by Nary a Care; 07/09/23 06:02 PM.

Justice For Karlach!
S
journeyman
journeyman
S

This man really said "The plot holes are a feature"

LOL

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Caios
In my most recent playthrough on Act 3 I started running into some of the added lines that apparently attempt to "add context" to Karlach's inevitable bad end.

I absolutely hated it.

The added lines just feel condescending to me. As if we're being told to shut up and accept that this is happening.

And I just hate the idea of this being a "sometimes now matter what you do you can't stop a bad end" kind of story. If that's the case, then let me ask this:
Why the Hell are we even playing this game? Isn't this supposed to be a fantasy RPG? This is the definition of a setting where you can stop the bad end and have a happy ending if you try hard enough. Why even bother if you're not even going to deliver on the actual fantasy when it's most important?

I don't care how fancy you think this story is, I'm sick and tired of these tragedy tropes. A lot of people are. I'm not interested in it, I don't want it, I have no interest in playing it, much less being forced to accept it.

For Larian themselves, if they are even reading this, I feel like I do need to clarify given the harsh stance I'm putting here. I'm not angry with Larian, I'm not trying to rage at them or anything. I have HUGE love and respect for you guys and am still amazed and happy with all the work you've put into this game. But if this is the only ending I'm allowed to have with Karlach then the game just isn't worth playing to end at all. For all the amazing things you put into the game, they all lose meaning very quickly if despite everything we are still left with such a horrible ending.

It is because I love this game so much that I'm giving, and will continue to give you guys this strong but respectful feedback; Give us a happy ending with Karlach.
Also I would like to agree with everything that was said here. With one exception. My enjoyment for the game still hasn't recovered. I try to play it and at best I just feel dead inside. And if the changes they made to Karlach's story is that it's full of even MORE doom and gloom, then I really don't feel like the game is worth playing.

Justice For Karlach!
Why is the ending where you go to hell with her not enough for you if I may ask? Temporary bittersweet ending that may lead into an expansion and nothing suggests you cant find a way to fix it later.

I mean until they fix the entirety of act 3, because all of the companions are getting fk'd by this.

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
I can't speak for everyone, but personally I just dislike the lack of resolution.

Every other Origin character, even if the ending isn't particularly happy, still gets a resolution to their story. Asterion is free of Cazador, Gale has made peace with Mystra (or died trying), Lae'zel has turned her back on Vlaakith, Shadowheart saved (or lost) her parents, Wyll saved (or lost) his father. While many of these may not be a happily ever after, some of them are, but importantly, they're free of of the shackles they started the game with, or at least made their peace with them.

Karlach however gets no such closure. Either she resolves to return to Avernus, the one place she stated numerous times she'd rather die than return to, or dies a miserable death. Narratively it's unsatisfying given that her core character arc (if there even is one) is unresolved. If this is a choice based game, where my impact on the story is necessary for it to progress, why are the options available to Karlach the same as she started the game with? Either she dies, returns to Avernus, or becomes an illithid.

Last edited by Nessius; 07/09/23 07:21 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Dont know about others, but im bad with current ending because:
1 - There no quest for here at all. Everyone has a quest, even Halsin have a quest, but Karlach not!
2 - There plenty of possibilities to fix her engine: Gondians, Dammon, Gods, Devils deals, Elmister, True Resurrect (in game canon one, just give me opportunity kill Gale and safe this scroll canonically).
3 - No matter what you do your action have ZERO affect on her story. Its companion without a choice in a game that`s all about choice in a genre that all about choice, it`s just wrong. Like when shooter give you a boss that you must kill without guns - if game not working on it hardly and build all around it it`ll be wrong and will don`t work well.
4 - All companions can have a happy end, some even a perfect Disney happy end (like Gale), but Karlach don`t... Her problem even doesn`t so horrible as Gale problem!

Justice for Karlach!
To your 3rd point. Yes I see why this feels bad. But this, honestly, I feel like I had little impact on the story with choices overall.. Despite all the bragging in marketing.

R
Rae Offline
R
Basically if you left Karlach by the river where you found her, she will have "almost" the same possibilities as at the end of the game. Return to avernus or die by exploding her engine.

apprentice
apprentice

You're reading people's arguments with your ass, that's the problem with misunderstanding people. With all due respect.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Surge90sf
Why is the ending where you go to hell with her not enough for you if I may ask? Temporary bittersweet ending that may lead into an expansion and nothing suggests you cant find a way to fix it later.

I mean until they fix the entirety of act 3, because all of the companions are getting fk'd by this.

Well, everyone's waiting. No one is asking for a triple flip from Larian, it is understandable that it takes time to finalize it

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Been checking into this thread a few times and will continue to post once in a while to keep it going because I really do want Larian to address karlachs ending (aswell as a few other companions) but karlach getting a happy ending *option* atleast
I would say is pretty important to me for many of the reasons already stated by people here.
-game built on options and choice matters where one character out of the lot just gets the short end of the stick no matter what you choose just doesn't feel good in the end
-the feeling of hope baiting through out the game
-many options present to try and fix it but none are able to really be pursued.
and most importantly its Karlach...Mama K deserves a happy ending dammit lol

that being said little off topic but if Larian does see this post, I think it was earlier discussed here how...pointed karlachs act 3 romance scene was. basicly the actions and scene definitely leans towards a female to female intimacy
which now that i think about it As my male tav -it was quite surprising to see my 7ft tall brick house of a barbarian in that scene get lifted up and laid down and then...well for what can only be described as *buttstuff* ensue.
Now I personally couldnt stop laughing at that scene, didnt ruin it for me but it did feel...odd. so as a side note to karlachs ending being addressed if romances get relooked at and tuned up at all it would be really cool if another scene was added for male tavs in that act 3 scene.
hell! doesnt even need to be a new scene maybe just switch the models if the Tav is male. let us twirl the 7ft tiefling like the princess she is! smile

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
Now I'm not gonna pretend like I'm a sex expert or anything but I'm pretty sure that's a real position that doesn't involve "butt stuff".

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Nytukas
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
It's very much that bad, which the new scenes are mostly there to emphasize, I think. It's not physically debilitating at the moment - for gameplay reasons, I'm sure - and you can even throw soul coins on the fire with perfect safety. But she's in pain and her time is short.

No its not lol ,and even if it was there is a plethora of ways to fix her but we aren't allowed to explore them

I'm just describing what actually happens in the game. This is how her condition is currently portrayed. She literally dies right after the final fight if she doesn't go back. I'm not saying it makes any sense that we can't fix her or ameliorate her condition - just that as things stand, right now, the game says it's very bad, and it does turn out to be very bad.

Page 34 of 157 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 156 157

Link Copied to Clipboard