Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Landis
Originally Posted by Therai
I completely understand. We've been talking if we should stop playing everyday now. The freezes in addition to the cursor bug that only goes back to normal with saving and loading the game again takes so much time. We're playing everyday after work and it feels we're attempting to play a game our hardware doesn't support which might end up just being poor optimization on their proprietary engine. I really wanted to know if they are considering fixing it, it would motivate us to push forward.

The cursor/targeting issue is almost a bigger problem than the freezing since saving and reloading can take over a minute (not to mention the pain of trying to complete a combat encounter with it active).

You can save/load during combat, don't know if you are aware. Same thing for dialogues.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Originally Posted by Truthomancer
My wife and I also bought this game strictly to play split-screen co-op, like with DOS and DOS-2... the lag has been excruciating after the first 15 hours or so, and we have basically stopped our playthrough; the lag we could deal with (mostly) but the being unable to target things/move characters in combat bug that started happening as well was just the icing on the cake.

It looks like the pc version is ahead of PS5 as far as patches/bug fixes goes... does anyone know if the split screen on the pc version also has the delay-lag , or is that a PS5 Exclusive feature?

My split screen pc experience has been more or less flawless. My pc is extremely beefy though. My guess is that the same systems govern the switching of characters etc but a new I9 processor just doesn’t flinch at the demand. They probably need to find a way to preload things in the background in unused ram or something just in case you summon anything you have the option to. It’s just not optimized well for the ps5s slower hardware.

Last edited by InspectorMcPuff; 08/09/23 10:40 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Found out that the targeting bug often happens when the game freezes while your character is in the middle of a jump. For example if one split screen character jumps and at the same time the other split screen switches companions simultaneously making the game freeze four a few seconds, the character who jumped will get the targeting bug. I've tried this a few times and it's not 100% but is reproducable

apprentice
apprentice
Jump forces the cursor mode, so that makes me wonder if it’s an issue with freezing while doing something that requires the cursor, which might explain why we’ve been have this issue so much. So maybe today we’ll try to never switch characters or anything to freeze the game while the other is jumping, targeting enemies with the cursor, finding a location to summon or throw, etc.

stranger
stranger
I already responded to the other thread about this in more detail. But, my god, the game has become unplayable in coop on my end. It seems to just be PS5 players experiencing this?
I appreciate all the tips and ideas shared in this thread though. I may try the idea of taking slow turns with actions. It makes sense that my husband and I doing actions at the same time might be causing the cursor glitch with jumping and combat (obviously the combat being the real game breaker for us, since it renders characters unusable). I'll try it and if it is consistent enough, I'll include it in a report ticket when I get to submitting one properly. My husband is not a creature of patience so this probably wont be enough for us to keep playing, sadly.

Hoping praying they find a way to mend this sooner than later!

D
stranger
stranger
D
Wife and I having the same issue's. Bought the game on both PC and PS5, looks like well have to swap systems till its fixed.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Made an account here too to echo these issues and repeat that they are inexcusable. If this was Blizzard we’d already have 100s of videos on YouTube blasting them and asking for refunds.

Wife and I started playing and it was fine for the first 10 hours or so.

It has become COMPLETELY unplayable with us now that we are getting closer to Act 2 start. This is PS5 co op, fully updated everything, clean device, no issues in other games.

Summoning a pet or mage hand or anything that adds an entity to your party creates a 20s+ lag/freeze. You will stare at your partner and talk about how maybe Diablo 4 was actually a better co op experience. Ouch.

Changing the character you are controlling lags 5-10s every time. That applies to manually switching, ending and starting turns in combat, etc.

Every time you both log in, companion ownership and chests get bugged. Player 1 has to drop the companion to camp. Player 2 needs to reparty them. Items go into a void and then appear in a random chest, usually not the original owner’s.

GAME BREAKING: something is causing us to lose the ability to target movement with the controller stick. You will just not be able to jump, target things on the ground, or move properly at all. You can only used range attacks by toggling the enemy you have highlighted. This seems to happen every time the player is controlling an entity that despawns or dies. It also happens when you are in combat randomly. GG bug that requires reloading the whole game app, which then triggers all the bugs above.

As you can see by matching this up, by the time couch co op players reach the end of Act 1 - they will literally be spending more time frozen and frustrated with lag than playing the game.

We hope bringing more visibility to this issue will encourage Larian to address it.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I suggest everyone submit a bug report. You can submit a report without attaching your game file now

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by rhecto1
Jump forces the cursor mode, so that makes me wonder if it’s an issue with freezing while doing something that requires the cursor, which might explain why we’ve been have this issue so much. So maybe today we’ll try to never switch characters or anything to freeze the game while the other is jumping, targeting enemies with the cursor, finding a location to summon or throw, etc.

I’ll add that I think the bug occurs most often when both players are simultaneously taking their turns in combat. Then:

Player A is not currently in control of their character due to being mid jump, character swap, or desummoning a mage hand/minion.

Player B triggers an action that causes a freeze - switching their character, summoning something, etc.

Player A’s character then loses the ability to target things other than with the left/right pad. I don’t think they can move either.

apprentice
apprentice
Anything that freezes the game such was (change of characters, end of turn) is really likely to create the controller bug. Noticed today that whenever my spouse would change character and my active was attacking I would return to a bugged target.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Interesting theory with the cursor but I’m still wondering if it’s an inventory thing. Most of us seem to be saying it gets worse with 10+ hours.

The worst delays seems to take place when adding a minion to the party during combat (avoiding spoilers, so think necromancy and raising the dead). Could be that the game now needs to query the new party member’s inventory.

Anyway back to D4 for us today (couch co-op). I even suggested loading up Divinity…

C
stranger
stranger
C
These bugs haven’t gone away and are getting worse.

apprentice
apprentice
Just joining in to confirm that couch co-op split screen is unplayable. My husband and I are devastated... We own the Deluxe edition on PS5 only, we bought the game specifically for PS5 so we could play together. And we can't, because the freezing is horrible, and we're even playing in Performance mode. We've already submitted a bug report, and I posted a separate thread on the subject.
If it's about demanding visuals, we are ready and willing to have it reduced for the sake of performance. We love the story, the characters, the mechanics, but the persistent freezes suck out all the joy from our playthrough. We stopped near the end of Act 1 because we simply can't take it anymore.

Survivor of Cania
A
stranger
stranger
A
Has anyone gotten a bug report reply or has Larian said anything publicly about these issues?

C
stranger
stranger
C
Sad part is there isnt really any communication about it afaik. It's a bit embarassing to release split screen in this state when if you played more than 2h it's pretty apparent how bad it is (and have been since early access release)

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by ardikus
Has anyone gotten a bug report reply or has Larian said anything publicly about these issues?
Originally Posted by Cyal
Sad part is there isnt really any communication about it afaik. It's a bit embarassing to release split screen in this state when if you played more than 2h it's pretty apparent how bad it is (and have been since early access release)

This. 0 indication that they have awareness of these issues or care.. the community support is lacking. They’re over a week into PS5 early release and most PS5 co op players are experiencing this.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Adding fuel to the pain. I'm experiencing it all.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Has anyone tried deleting all their saves but the most recent? Including other characters? That's my next theory but thought I'd ask before going through with it.

edit: I tried, it didn't help

Last edited by Landis; 11/09/23 06:10 AM.
L
stranger
stranger
L
Same problem here, I bought the game to play split screen with my girlfriend and the game becomes impossible.

first game until you reach underdark and the delays in the actions that comment begin. We start another game, we reach underdark (about 15-20 hours of play) and the same thing happens again.

I have tried all kinds of solutions to fix it but there is no way, if I load a game that has 5-6 hours of play it goes well, but as soon as it has more, this error appears and there is hardly any information about this on the internet, nor is it They say to fix it, we have to wait, although we bought the game solely and exclusively to play it both of us.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I bought a PS5 just to play this game on a big screen tv without having to redo our computer set up. Don't have anything new to add that others haven't said yet. In the same pain as everyone else. I could write for an hour about how much I love the Baldurs Gate franchise, Larian studios games, and this wonderful marriage they have. But need to step away from the game until they get this fixed. I have 40 hours in but would wager if you added up all the time my wife and I spent watching the screen load it would be almost 5 hours.

Today (9/10/23) was the worst day by far. The freezes went from 10-20 seconds to closer to 30-40. And we never got the cursor glitch until today where it happened four times.

Hope Larian hears this and fixes soon.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard